should i make a whitill or purplenum racast gamecube offline only

Tu madre es mi perra

It depends if you want Guld:Milla , greennill is good for rifles if you need them. Purplenum is good for mechguns. whittill is slicers but they find hand gun guld and milla.

I'd go with purplenum. I sadly have no rangers and yet a hunewearl thats a purplenum so im stuck with all these guns and no character to use them with When i made her i didnt know what section ID's did

Use viridia, great for shots.

Whitill ftw.... but then again, it's all what YOU want >_> ... Thus, go to the Drop Charts and look for your own benefit.

Heh, another "best section ID" thread. Thank you for specifying class, game system, and offline, though!

For an offline RAcast -- assuming that you don't have any other characters to swipe stuff from -- go with Purplenum. It gets what I think of as the Holy Trinity of Ranger weapons (for GC): the Frozen Shooter, the Yasminkov 9000M, and the Spread Needle. All three are incredible when playing solo, and P'num finds them easily. Plus, you've got a pretty fair chance of picking up a pair of Vises with hit % (for Berserk) and L&K14s; heck, mechs drop often enough that you'll likely score some Charge Vulcans with hit% long before you're high enough level to pipe them from the shop.

In addition, note the truly effortless Red Handgun drop off El Rappies. Darned easy way to score a good basic weapon before you get enough levels to hunt the serious stuff.

Purplenum's only real weakness is a serious lack of decent armor (DF Field from Bulclaws and Electro Frame from Deldepths is about it; you may actually end up wearing a Sacred Cloth despite being immune to paralysis naturally just out of a lack of anything better) and shields (it's easy enough to score an Attribute Wall and Delsaber's Left Arm, but truly Ult-level shields don't show up until you get to Seabed for Tripolic...geez!). But hey, you're a RAcast, which means you'll generally be fighting enemies from halfway across the room AND you get more HP than any other class.

Whitill's not bad--it's arguably the best GC section ID, overall--but for a Ranger, Purplenum is the way to go.