Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Grants: 100 - 150dmg?

(I always think TAing is for those who are so lucky. I mean I remember when I'm fighting Olga flow we beat him & his 2nd form in 6mins [we started at 8min of server maintenance and left around at 2min of server maintenace] and damn, there was this one time where he did his beam attack more than once and he would fly away to a range where only a lockgun/railgun could hit him or he would go back and forth and around the dang circle platform [my god that took forever to kill him like 15 mins? His 1st form took almost twice as long as his 2nd form. (It's so funny when someone yells 'FREAKING DIE ALREADY DAMMIT' and the next shot kills him]. Or fighting gol and getting the right one down when he splits. Or having some awesome %s for your weapons and slots for your armor or having the weapons drop early.) It is all luck to me, and that's why I don't TA, plus... I'm human, even though I ain't perfect I make a lot of mistakes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-10-07 02:26 ]</font>

C mode Force

Luck has a lot to do with it, true, but then luck plays a part in normal PSO too (ask anyone lucky enough to have found an uber rare in only a few hours) and many other games. The point about TA is that it's fun to play. My times are not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination (not one good enough to be a true TA time), but I'm always trying to improve them, and I've made some good friends at the same time.
    Plenty of people want to get to Lv 200 in normal PSO, and similarly plenty of TA players want to break the magical 3 hour mark for Ep1 (I've got a long way to go to get that good!)

PSO Assassin

I've been tryin to do some more EP2 c-mode, but I keep finding myself in EPI games . I've finally managed to get DEL's EPI time under 4 hrs, though.

The other day, I coordinated a 2-1 game and fellow PSOW member, rena-ko, tagged along (after pressuring him/her for a couple of minutes ).

First thing we decided to do was get some extra Monofluids for the FOrce by dying in the first room. Then, we proceeded to clear the stage as fast as we could. In the end, we managed to complete the stage in approx. 39 min, which isn't bad, but our (my) goal was to get it to 35 or below.

So, I'm thinking, good weapons early on are important. We didn't see daggers until the last area, and weapons with hit%would have helped speed up the slaughtering of Dimenians! Also, less damage cancel and more one-on-one fighting to maximize damage dealt is important.

I've managed to get my EP2 c-mode time down to 2'37"00 or so.

Edit: Btw, thanks to all who have contributed thus far. I hope there are more submissions in the future so that people interested in improving their time can have a place to get some tips and suggestions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: yellow5 on 2004-10-11 00:39 ]</font>

C mode Force

The biggest problem with damage cancel for me is as follows: I see a monster on its own, attack it, and then find out one of my companions (who is, according to my screen, on the other side of the room), is also attacking it!! This drives me mad! He's stood there hacking away at nothing, but the damage appears on the monster I've decided to hit.
    I think lag plays a big part in such incidences.
    For example, A Sorceror Rafoies the party - the damage does not seem to occur simultaneously, rather team members fall over in a time period of 0 to 3 seconds. I wonder if everyone recorded their version of the stage, how similar or not they would look!

Yeah, I experience that a lot with cmode with someone all the way across the room hitting the enemy that I'm hitting. It sucks when its those gilchics because you want to knock them down and suddenly they are knocked back. x_x

Rafoie does suck, but mostly what I try to do is if I have enough strength to kill him, I'd kill him, if not... I try to run in there first and try to lead them away from the my teammates so I take the hit alone. I remember when I was in the hallway between the room (I was like 5xp from the next lvl) and my friend got targeted for Rafoie near the doorway and I got killed too. x_x

PSO Assassin

A small update: During Olga Flow's second form, stay near his right foot. It knocks you down and immediately follows with the Divine Punishment attack. Since you are knocked down, you will be invincible for a short period of time. In this case, it's long enough to avoid the attack entirely. Just remember to keep your HP full at all times.

Old Man

We tried the ole get behind the right foot thing last night and he did his Divine Punisher thing and killed ALL of us. Damn!

After we lost the challenge and after hearing my mates giving me crap for the strategy, I thought about it and figured we got to the right foot too late. He had already thrown his foot back when we got to it, which is why we all died.

Damn thing is, it takes us almost an hour just to get to that point, so if you screw it up, no one wants to try it again.

We did behind the rock sniping after that - unfortunately, unsuccessfully.

Once more into the breach!

Old Man

Got it right last night - finally.

Way behind you guys time wise - but then again, I'm on xbox - try getting 4 c-moders together who have the patience to set up a good run: it's tough on xbox.

So far, I've completed E2 with Racast and FOnewearl. Now it's time to try the Hucast and Hucaseal - they just need E2C4. These two have been able to get much better times for me on most stages, so hopeful that bodes well for E2C4 as well.

We're definitely improving. I'm now able to avoid most of the crits and I'm learning how to avoid the hallway critters better. Still trying to memorize the spawning recobox locations and successfully complete the Sinow trick. At least I'm not worried about the warp room anymore.

A long way from TAing, but getter closer to respectable times - pretty good on xbox.

PSO Assassin

What are your clear times?

It's just as hard getting EP2 games on the GameCube version. Everyone prefers EP1, including most non-Japanese players. The Japanese players that have under 2'10 usually play together exclusively. I need a good, consistent EP2 team, but that's not going to happen.