Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC memory reset

Ok, I got PSO a week ago, and all is fine and dandy. I got online, no problems at all. Yesterday, I decide to play some imports, which involves resetting the DC's internal memory during the swap trick. Now, when I go online, it says that my serial number is used by another DC !!! What can I do? If I call Sega for a new number, will I be able to use my old characters?

A friend of mine experienced this problem with his game, maybe it had been hacked, who knows. After calling Sega for a new number and resetting the DC's internal memory, unfortunately, yes, this means you'll need to recreate your character. The old will no longer work since it's bound to the previous DC serial that you cleared.

Won't your character still work since you are still using the same serial number? Why wouldn't it work?

If you have a bad key you can't register online with (invalid,stolen,etc) and get it replaced, it will never be the same one you were using before; after all you're getting a new one because the other's in use!

(I hate doing that. Gomen!)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2001-02-12 14:52 ]</font>

(Again, sorry!)

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2001-02-12 14:51 ]</font>

When you call Sega for this error you have to ave a browser disc. I was terrified befcause I thought I lost it !!! But luckly I found it. They require you to put your controller into port B and without any mem cards in either slots. Power you DC on and hold X and B until a configuration screen starts. Your data will officially be lost !! For good !! DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO ERASE YOUR DATA (ISP SETTINGS)

When you call Sega for this error you have to ave a browser disc. I was terrified befcause I thought I lost it !!! But luckly I found it. They require you to put your controller into port B and without any mem cards in either slots. Power you DC on and hold X and B until a configuration screen starts. Your data will officially be lost !! For good !! DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO ERASE YOUR DATA (ISP SETTINGS)

Wow I really messed this post up, IE 5.5 gave me a stupid error that it wouldnt post, but now I guess I did it wrong, sorry for that.

/me runs away crying .... ha