Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

I'm sick of walking around school or surfing the net hearing people say that Aeris isn't really dead and that you can revive her, etc. etc.

Honestly I would be really pissed if she was brought back in a sequel/or Advent Children. It would entirely defeat the purpose of that scene and her sacrifice for everyone.

Here's a movie my brother made to help everyone understand.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ajdodge/p.../deadaeris.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2004-10-05 19:19 ]</font>

Spoiler warning?

No! You can bring her back! Just use the rainbow Chocobo with the rainbow Materia...

People want her to come back becuase she was a nice, innocent girl who did nothing to derserve her demise. ;_;

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Oh the horror, I didn't want to relive that again.
    Who knows, they might. But I hope not, like you said, it would defeat the purpose.

EDIT: Spolier? that's silly

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2004-10-05 19:21 ]</font>

the music was so sad..i wanted to cry

Aeris does not die - if you remember, she returns to the lifestream.

A significant reason that people play video games (especially RPGs) is so that they can exert some hopeless degree of control within a limited environment. People sometimes feel threatened when their control is jeopardized in such a traumatic manner - i.e. character close to you dies. Or atleast, this is my theory

Meh.

Let's try and bring back General Leo, first. Cause he had Shock, and Shock always rocks.

And no, I didn't mean to rhyme.

I really am the world's biggest pussy. Made me cry years ago, and yoru fucking gif made it happen again.

I mean, I didn't even LIKE her, and then all of a sudden Sephiroth comes and goes *splack* and it's all silent and the materia falls out of her hair and then when it hits the floor and starts bouncing, THEN the music starts, and it's all so incredibly fucking sad...

That poor Holy materia. It didn't deserve that!

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

You can bring Aries back. It involves a GameShark though. Also when you get to places with text it freezes...so it's a no no cheat.

So happily unsatisfied

You damn right she died! And she better stay dead, that slutty bitch. Anyway, I personally was not a fan of Aeris so unlike everyone and their mother, I was not all boo-hoo about her getting stabbed through the chest by that fine piece of steel. I was more "Meh" than anything else.

But, like TOH, I would be severely disappointed if they brought her back in any follow-up FF7 plotline. But obviously, for different reasons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-10-05 21:52 ]</font>

On 2004-10-05 20:14, Ian-KunX wrote:
    I really am the world's biggest pussy. Made me cry years ago, and yoru fucking gif made it happen again.

I mean, I didn't even LIKE her, and then all of a sudden Sephiroth comes and goes *splack* and it's all silent and the materia falls out of her hair and then when it hits the floor and starts bouncing, THEN the music starts, and it's all so incredibly fucking sad...

That poor Holy materia. It didn't deserve that!
    Dude. I cried when freaking Cait Sith was sacrificing himself so Cloud could get the Black Materia.

I mean. Yeah, Cait Sith was a doll, a robot, and even if he died, there could easily be made a replacement, and even THEN, the actual person, his personality would still be there.

But, despite all that...it was heart-renchingly sad. I don't know why exactly. It was probably had something to do with the mini-speech he gave, and how he died. Yeah, it made me tear up pretty proper. >_>

Aeris's death is even SADDER, but I already knew about it when it happened...thusly destroying the emotional feel of the game.