Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Ultimate Hunters

That's right. Here's the three first chapters of a little tale I made up. I hope it helps any player that couldn't find out what really happened on Ragol. I try to maintain the game's storyline with my own. Plz post what you think, I'm that kind of guy who makes LOTS of glitches. Thanks

--- Intro ---

(Game Intro)

The pioneer project - A desperate attempt to make humans, newmans and androids survive. Since their homeplanet was in serious hazard, an unmanned probe was sent to investigate an alternate habitable planet.
    Some time before its departure, Ragol was found and the first interstellar ship (Pioneer 1) was sent to establish a colony. After confirming that Ragol was indeed habitable, the colonists began the construction of the Central Dome, and the main wave of refugees was sent towards the same planet on a second interstellar ship called Pioneer 2 with around 20 000 people, and a whole city in it.

7 years later...

Pioneer 2 completed its long voyage towards Ragol and established contact with the Central Dome. But... in that instant an enormous explosion shook the intire planet. All contact with the thousands of people on Ragol was lost...

--- Chapter 1 - Awakening ---

He awakes in his room, in a sofa next to a windowed door. Through the windowed door he could gaze at the enourmous pioneer 2 city, with skyscrapers (or are they spacescrapers...?) everywhere, neon lights fill the air, small ships going this and that way... since his room was so high, he could also see the dark plate which separated the city from outer space.
    - Where am I? - he thinks. But something flashes into his mind.
    - Pioneer 2... going towards Ragol... - he answers himself. Another question comes into his mind.
    - WHO am... - and before he could finish, something strikes his memory like a bullet.
    NEW ULTIMATE, skilled Human Hunter, age... 20. He desperately looks for a mirror. Goes to his small bathroom and he sees himself exactly like his memories told him he would.

NEW ULTIMATE: (thinking) Why am I this forgetfull right in the morning? This is weird...

His handheld database rings. New looks at his Hunter uniform and answers the call.

IRENE: Are you NEW ULTIMATE? Principal TYRELL wishes to see you. Please come immediatly to his office.

And without another word, she disconnects. Principal TYRELL... one of the main men in the management of the pioneer project and the... principal of Pioneer 2. Wanted to see HIM? A humble but skilled Hunter? Something was up, he thinks. NEW dresses his Hunter uniform and exits his room. Locks the door and takes a taxi-shuttle into the hunter's guild area. He proceeds walking into the teleporter into TYRELL's room.
    He enters the room. Altough he knew he has been here in the past, somehow, it feels strange to be in it. He slowly walks the passageway until he reaches the principal. To his left he sees a couple of scientists. And to his right is IRENE, the principal's secretary, who asked him to come here.

TYRELL: Are you NEW ULTIMATE, the Hunter? I guess you know who I am.

Both shake hands.

NEW ULTIMATE: How can I help you?
    TYRELL: We are in a delicate situation and need to act quickly.
    NEW ULTIMATE: What happened?

TYRELL sits down. He places his elbow in his desk and his fist holds his chin, while his worried eyes don't leave the desk.

TYRELL: You heard about the explosion in Ragol? We lost contact with the staff from Central Dome right after that. We don't know what happened. You are a skilled Hunter... I've heard a lot about you.

He gives a quick gaze into IRENE and then back to him.

TYRELL: We wanted you to go down into Ragol and check the environment in the area. Go into Central Dome and find the cause of all this. When possible, return to report your discoveries.

TYRELL makes a small moment of silence and looks into his desk. He looks back into NEW ULTIMATE and says:

TYRELL: That... will be all... To any questions ask Irene, my secretary.

NEW gets the feeling that TYRELL wanted to ask something else, and looks back to IRENE and approaches her desk.

IRENE: Ok, here's what we want you to do in detail. Go down into the residential area around Central Dome and check things out. Ask anyone there about the status of the area. Once you get into Central Dome ask the contact team what happened. And then report back to us. Good luck...

NEW now realised why they couldn't send anyone to that assignment. What could be the cause of what happened? A Hunter may be needed, somehow. He was about to leave IRENE's desk when she holds his hand.

IRENE: Ummm...
    NEW ULTIMATE: What? Something else?
    IRENE: This is... a personal request. If possible... you do know Red Ring Rico, the principal's daughter? She told us a lot about you.

NEW experiences some short flashbacks. The famous scientist... and hunter... Rico, the famous figure, admired by citizens by her great deeds. NEW also wonders if that's all he knows about her, but something tells him that it really is, altough it is strange that Rico supposedly knows you more about you than you do about her.

IRENE: She disappeared into Ragol. Please find her. Since she's the principal's daughter, he's not in a position for such request. Find out what happened to her... and if possible bring her to us. Thank you...
    NEW ULTIMATE: I'll try.

NEW looks at the scientists. He notices a great amount of fear in them. They all wish him good luck as he returns to the city.

--- Chapter 2 - First contact with Ragol ---

NEW then goes back to the city and into the huge teleporter into Ragol. He will be one of the first Hunters to step on an enigmatic ground. The two soldiers patrolling the teleporter allow him to pass.

Soldier #1: I don't know if I should say this to a Hunter but... good luck.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Thanks.
    Soldier #2: I hope we don't see you for the last time...

Without another word, NEW steps into the teleporter. And in an instant he is dematerialized.While his consciousness travels between the portal, he feels a chill down his dematerialized spine.His body becomes one with his soul again as he is materialised on Ragol.
    Before him is a beautiful forest, with the sound of water streaming somewhere, the strong green colour of the grass and the natural air going inside his lungs.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : It's nice... I wonder if anyone's here. It's awfully quiet. Somehow all this silence makes me feel... unsafe...
    NEW ULTIMATE: HELLO! PIONNER 1 COLONISTS? ANYONE? I COME FROM PIONEER 2! I NEED TO SPEAK WITH ANY OF YOU!...

No response. He then thinks it's better to explore rather than shouting still, and marches off.
    He finds a door. As it opens with its roar, NEW stumbles upon an open alley, with some waterfalls behind a small hill and some item boxes.

NEW ULTIMATE: Anybody here?

No response. As he opens the item boxes, he hears a noise in the bushes behind him he turns quickly.

NEW ULTIMATE: Hello...?

He jumps petrified when he sees a huge monster with wolf-lion-like face, huge claws and chicken-like legs.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : SHIT! A BOOMA!

After a growl, the Booma strikes with his right claw. NEW's instincts tell him to dodge into the right, and he jumps, avoiding the claw and quickly equipping his saber.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : A Booma is attacking me? It looks far more agressive than the news reports on Pioneer 2. I never noticed it's aggressive face before. And They said they were friendly animals... What does all this mean?

He puts himself in the attacking pose.

NEW ULTIMATE : Sorry mutt, but you leave me no choice.

He shouts and attacks the Booma with a mighty blow. After the hit, the beast feels more anger and counters, hitting NEW with it's huge claw. After some blow exchanges, the Booma finally falls to the ground, leaving NEW sweating and catching his breath while gazing at the beast's corpse.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : No people around here... Agressive monsters all around... Did these monsters attack the people on Ragol? If they attacked me, that's quite a probability. I have to look for survivors...

NEW then strolls through the forest. But the only thing he finds are monsters. Loads of monsters. After long battles and walks, the sun finally sets in the horizon but no one is still at sight.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : What does all this mean...? Where is everyone? What the hell happened here...?

He feels like a lonely human soul in the forests of Ragol. He then concludes that it is best to report this to the principal. Furious due to the lack of answers, he turns back and head towards the teleporter. Once he is materialised back on Pioneer 2, he heads towards the principal's room to make a report.

TYRELL: This is... Strange. Monsters you say...?

The scientists to the right of the principal then become nervous and scared.

TYRELL: ...Thank you very much. I'll discuss the current situation with my people. Please continue your research, NEW ULTIMATE.

NEW then teleports out of the room, thinking if he will ever end this quest.

--- Chapter 3 - Battle training ---

As he arrives in the city, he remembers he's kinda low on money, but doesn't remember why. So he thinks about going into the Hunter's Guild and taking a side-quest, as a warming exercise to the real one. As he enters the Guild, with it's light blue lights all over the place and the huge windowed wall where we could admire Ragol from outer space, he sees many faces. They all seem to be familiar with themselves... after all, Hunters share adventures and sometimes team up. But... there wasn't a familiar face around. There just wasn't.
    After asking the Guild girl for a list on the quests available, he finds "Battle Training".

NEW ULTIMATE: (thinking) Find a lost Hunter... Team up with another Hunter... Might as well start with this.

As he signs up to that quest, the Guild girl points to a man standing next to the windowed wall. When he knew that he was the man who made the request, NEW rushed to introduce himself to him.

ZIDD: So you're the other Hunter, NEW. Could you call that Android over there? I need to talk to the both of you.

He points to a tall android standing by the guild's entrance. When NEW goes to call him, he introduces himself as KIREEK.

KIREEK: This is the first time I've had a partner. ZIDD asked me to do this job first. Unexpectedly, he told me I'd had to work with somebody else. I had to say YES as he is my client...

NEW gets the impression that KIREEK isn't very social. They both go talk to ZIDD.

ZIDD: All right. Here's how it goes. I know that KIREEK hates teamwork, but I need 2 hunters for this job. One is to bring the Data disk that I lost and the other is to bring ASH safely.
    KIREEK: ...I have no choice.
    NEW ULTIMATE: So you want us to find and bring you this ASH and your Disk right?
    ZIDD: Correct. I sent ASH to get the data disk but it seems he didn't make it there. He is wounded somewhere in the forest near Central Dome. This is a personal request. ASH is a cousin of mine. I don't want to lose him. Please understand...

Without another word, both hunters leave the Guild and go into the main teleporter to Ragol. As the huge gate between the Pioneer 2 soldiers opens, NEW sees for the first time the gate as a to the possible new homeland for people, but as the same time the gate to the enigma surrounding Ragol's mysterious explosion.

KIREEK: A word of advice... keep close to me.
    NEW ULTIMATE: All right... I guess.

They teleport to Ragol. Once on the planet, NEW notes that the sky is orange, with purple clouds hanging all over, and an orange aura surrounds the entire forest making him understand that the day is ending on this planet. He looks at the sun hiding behind some trees and...

KIREEK: Move it, let's go.

And he goes on ahead. NEW remembers that KIREEK is an android, and altough he is very intelligent, he doesn't have emotions. Or does he? He remember something about Dr. Montague building emotional patterns for androids. But NEW chase him between the woods. It's not long until KIREEK stops, and without turning back, he says:

KIREEK: 2 Boomas and a Rappy behind you.

NEW turns back and stumbles his eyes upon the beasts. 2 Boomas indeed, and a cute yellow canary-chicken-pinguin type small animal were sneaking on them.

NEW ULTIMATE: What? You guessed it!
    KIREEK: No I didn't...

KIREEK raises his long spear and charges past NEW and into the wild animals. A huge battlecry and a single blow are all that he needs to slay those 3 beasts.

KIREEK: You get used to it when you battle a lot.

And they both restart strolling down the forest. NEW knows that any pro could hear a noise or detect something behind him, but he guessed the number of enemies and even said which ones were! NEW wonders if that's because he's an android. He also thinks of his power, killing 3 beasts with a single blow. While he thinks of this, he looks to his weapon.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : That weapon... I know that weapon!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Say, KIREEK, what do you call your weapon?
    KIREEK: ...Why do you care?
    NEW ULTIMATE: I don't, just wanna know.
    KIREEK: ...It's the SOUL EATER.

NEW then remembers everything about the weapon.

NEW ULTIMATE: It is a cursed sickle that absorbs HP... it's special attack steals your own HP to create a major blow right?
    KIREEK: ...Looks like you're not such a newbie after all. How did you know that?
    NEW ULTIMATE: I... just remembered.

KIREEK then shows his back to him and restarts walking. A few more battles along the way and they reach a big door. Once it is unlocked, they see a youth, lying wounded on the grass.

ASH: Who... are you?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Don't worry, we'll take you back home. Where's the data disk?
    ASH: A little ahead... those wolf jackasses... pounded me nearly to death...
    KIREEK: I'll get the disk. NEW, take care of ASH's injuries.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Leave it to me.

KIREEK goes on ahead. NEW hears something, kinda like a growl. By the looks of it, KIREEK heard it as well, and looks everywhere to find its source. In the blink of an eye a group of brown savage wolves, with blue stripes and demon eyes jump towards KIREEK.

NEW ULTIMATE: Shit! He is surrounded!

NEW was about to help him, when he comes to a halt by hearing KIREEK.

KIREEK: Stay where you are and heal the boy!

Waving his Scythe around the battlefield, he slays all the wolves in a matter of seconds, delivering powerful blows in a very fast rate and leaving ASH and NEW ULTIMATE astounished.

ASH: Whoa... that's one tough droid!

NEW uses his healing spell RESTA on ASH, while KIREEK finds ZIDD's Data disk somewhere between the grass.

ASH: Thank you. I was about to get the disk when monsters came and... well, I appreciate you coming to help me, altough I still hate the fact that ZIDD treats me like a kid.
    KIREEK: I'll bring this boy with me. NEW, you deliver the disk to the client. Then we can finish this job.
    NEW ULTIMATE: No sweat.
    KIREEK: NEW... train yourself. Become much stronger to impress me... You have what it takes. Ha Ha Ha...

And KIREEK goes towards the Teleporter carrying ASH along. His laughs somehow were strange, and NEW wonders if he laughed by the possibility of becoming better than him? He goes back to Pioneer 2. Once he arrives at the Hunter's Guild he doesn't see KIREEK anywhere, but ZIDD and his cousin ASH are in a corner.

ZIDD: This is my disk? Thank you. KIREEK already left after receiving the meseta. He was such an intimidating android... looks like he was built for battle. Anyway, you can get you meseta at the counter. You're all done.
    ASH: Thank you! I'll keep practicing!

After receiving his meseta, NEW exits the Guild and wonders if he will ever meet master-hunter KIREEK again. With some money in his virtual bank account, NEW goes to buy some items, weapons and armors, being now ready to return to his main enigmatic quest.

----------------------------------------

Next chapters:

- Rei, the King Zero
    - Genetic Issues
    - The Duel and the Dragon

EDIT: If you want, you can check the Fan works Topic "Rei & New Ultimate" to check some images about the fanfic's characters and such. I'll post a new one soon.

2nd EDIT: Corrected a bug indicated by bladegunner. Thanks man, and continue to be that nice in the error detection

3rd EDIT: Corrected a few more mistakes. Thanks again blade

4th EDIT: Changed "newby" to "newbie"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-05 10:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-05 10:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-05 10:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-06 12:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2002-09-03 04:37 ]</font>

the name's blade

hm... you're welcome... and I just read the first 10 lines o.o

I took the sig out of here, because I'm thinking of making a manga of my fanfic, and the sig didn't match what I have in store for it.

Here I will post the cover.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 16:00 ]</font>

On 2002-07-08 11:45, Ultimate wrote:
    No, this isn't the rest of the chapters, it's rather the big version of my sig with the characters on my sig in it. Dunno who the girl is? Stay tuned to the fanfic!
    I know who she is. It's that chick from your kung fu classes

I know who she is. It's that chick from your kung fu classes
    COUGH COUGH

EDIT: No

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-09 15:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2002-08-13 03:20 ]</font>

Here is the forth Chapter. Enjoy...

--- Chapter 4 - Rei, the King Zero ---

He goes to the comercial area to stock up on monomates, fluids, atomizers and to see if he can buy some new weapons. He sees a beautiful gigantic sword.

NEW ULTIMATE: Whoa! What's that sword?
    WEAPON'S DEALER: That's one of the best swords I ever stocked. It's the legendary DRAGON SLAYER.
    NEW ULTIMATE: That's the DRAGON SLAYER?
    WEAPON'S DEALER: Indeed. The legend says that it was born by a famous hunter who defeated a huge Dragon. Only a Hunter with great strength can wield it perfectly, so it can only be equipped by a very powerful Hunter.

NEW checks the huge price, and wonders if he will be able to get that many meseta in his hole life. Altough he was dissapointed for not being able to try it, he was overjoyed to see it and to know that it is for sale.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : Someday...

It's after-hours, but NEW carries on to Ragol to continue his hunting. After teleporting, he relies only on his photon weapon to light his way out. As he goes on with the green ilumination made by his saber, he fights and fights and gains more and more experience, even in the middle of the night, trying to reach central dome through the forest. He eventually comes to a stop and thinks it is best to camp there that night, since he would only be able to reach Central Dome the next day anyway, but he also didn't rest since he began working, in the early morning. So he puts his sleeping bag in the middle of the grass, and starts a small fire to cook his dinner.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : This will have to do.

He pulls out a gigantic piece of meat and starts cooking it on the fire. A few moments later his stomach feels kinda heavy and he goes to sleep. After putting out the fire he inserts his body in the sleeping bag and gazes into the stars.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : Can I see Pioneer 2 from here? Guess not... I wonder... What was that explosion? Why isn't everyone here? Why are the monsters on Ragol, being reported as friendly and quiet, all violent all of a sudden? Did they kill the people living here? Why weren't we told about them?...

He starts to realize that it is too much complicated and starts losing consciousness and sleeps... A few moments later he hears a noise onthe woods, like some animal aproaching him silently. He slowly equips his saber, mag and gets out of the bag... He then tries to locate the enemy by hearing his sounds... He finds him! NEW strikes the bush and a dark figure flees from it, avoiding the blow.

REI: What the hell...?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Who are you?
    REI: What? You're a Hunter?
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...You attacked me without knowing that?
    REI: Geez man, like, I heard this lowd roar, and I thought... "Boomas are near"... But now I think that lowd roar was your snoring!
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...
    REI: Well, good to know you're not a monster.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Thanks a lot.
    REI: I'm REI. REI, the king Zero.
    NEW ULTIMATE: REI? What kind of names is that?
    REI: It means "King" in some different foreign ancient language, buddy. And in another language, it means "Zero".
    NEW ULTIMATE: Weird. What kind of parent names "REI" to his son...?
    REI: ...I don't have parents.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Oh... sorry.
    REI: No, it's not like that... I just don't remember...
    NEW ULTIMATE: You don't? What about your childhood memories?
    REI: Childhood... memories...? I... I never thought of it...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Can't remember anything?
    REI: Whoa... It's strange... I can't....
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...You know... You're kinda weird.
    REI: ...And you are?
    NEW ULTIMATE: NEW ULTIMATE. Call me NEW.
    REI: And YOU thought I had a weird name!
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...What the hell is wrong about...

Before they could finish they both sense something in the bushes behind them.

NEW ULTIMATE (whispering) : One of your friends...?
    REI (whispering) : I don't have any friends, spike head.

Right after that, a gigantic dark figure leaps towards them, cutting the air with a scary roar.

REI: IT'S COMING!

REI lights up his hand with Foie and illuminates the field, allowing them to see the enemy landing in front of them.

NEW ULTIMATE: A Hildebear!

After a short but loud roar, the beast punches NEW towards a tree, slamming him violently.

NEW ULTIMATE: Damn... it's just as strong as they say...

REI gives a dark look to the hildebear and slowly reaches for his pocket.

REI: You've had it now jackass...

He rapidly pulls out... some flags and pompons.

REI: Come on NEW! Kick his ass! RAH! RAH! GO! GO!

REI slowly retreats.

NEW ULTIMATE: If he hits me again... I don't know if I'll take it...

NEW gets up and uses a monomate. In the meantime, the beast now goes after REI.

REI (running): SHIT!
    NEW ULTIMATE: REI! Hit him with a Zonde or whatever! I mean, you ARE a Force right?
    REI (still running) : Now you made me mad ya damn bear. Stand back or else...

The bear still chases REI.

REI: I really mean it now! Now you've really...

NEW runs after the bear and charges a Zonde at it. He fires, causing the beast to stop running and emitting a painful growl, before looking back at NEW and charging towards him rapidly and enraged.

REI (thinking) : Now's my chance!

REI flees into the darkness and out of sight, carrying the Foie flame in his hand. The light goes far away... leaving NEW to fight the Hildebear with the green light of his saber alone.

NEW ULTIMATE: Damn thief!

He looks back at the bear, who is standing still.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : What the hell...? What's he up to?

Along with a loud growl, the monster spits a powerful Foie towards NEW, who quickly counters with a Barta spell, erasing both spells. After a quick relief smile, NEW prepares to attack. He leaps towards the bear, striking a huge blow in the beast's left shoulder, along with a loud battlecry, quickly jumping off from the beast and into defense position.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : He's gonna fall.

The beast apparently only got angrier and starts running towards NEW.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : What? So much resistance... And I striked him with almost my full power!

The bear prepares to punch NEW again. This time, NEW sees him charging and leaps over the punch just in time. While in mid-air:

NEW ULTIMATE: You've HAD IT NOW!!!

He prepares to counter it on the head... and a huge blow is heard.
    NEW falls on the floor bleeding from the mouth and nose.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : That... behemoth... striked with his other fist... right when I was charging my down-slash... I don't think I can take another blow like that... I don't think... I... can move...

NEW can't get up. He feels dizzy after that huge punch right into the face. The beast smiles and approaches NEW on the floor. He prepares another finishing blow, charging his fist high into the air.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : I can't see him... I know he's near... What will I do? DAMMIT!

In that moment, hundreds of arrows of light hit the bear, causing him to scream in pain and tumble its huge body into the ground, as a sign of defeat.

REI: Gotcha!
    NEW ULTIMATE: REI! I thought you ran... away!
    REI: ...Well... you DID help me once. I couldn't back out without making us even.

REI casts RESTA on NEW.

NEW ULTIMATE: Thanks... I owe you my life.
    REI: Stop being the emotional type. I did it because I wanted to. Anywayz, don't you think you and I make a great team? Together, we could clean this unknown forest out of any Hildebears! You're tougher than most Hunters nowadays, and we would make great teamplay, don't ya think?
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...What? For god's sake, you RAN AWAY!
    REI: That was my plan from the start! I intended the beast to think I wasn't there in order to strike it on the back!
    REI: What do you say? It will make your quests easier to have a teammate! We will split the money 50/50!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Oh, all right.
    REI: Way to go ULTIMATE!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Call me NEW...
    REI: Whatever you say, buddy!

REI taps him in the back and after NEW picks up his bag, both march into the sunrise, now as teammates.

Coming up:

- Genetic Issues

EDIT: And the glitches are back

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-10 11:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-19 13:30 ]</font>

Here's the fifth chapter. Enjoy. And those who would like to post a critic to the story or something else about it, please do.

------- Chapter 5 - Genetic Issues ---------

After some days venturing in the forest, both REI and NEW have gained lots of experience, taking out giant groups of Boomas in almost an instant, and kicking some Hildebear's ass. They eventually reach the residential area in the first part of the forest.

REI: I still don't understand. Where the hell is everybody? They were supposed to live around here!
    NEW ULTIMATE: HELLO? ANYBODY HERE?

NEW ULTIMATE: I think we're too late. Maybe the beasts killed them...
    REI: SHIT! If only we arrived here earlier...
    NEW ULTIMATE: It's not our fault.
    REI: I know but... Dammit!

REI punches the floor. They both make a moment of silence.

NEW ULTIMATE: I'm kinda low on money. I think we should return to Pioneer 2 and do some side quests at the Hunter's Guild. Is that ok with ya?
    REI: Fine.

REI snaps his finger and a telepipe appears before them. They both return into the Hunter's Guild. Both NEW & REI step into the counter and check the list.

REI: Hey... check this out. "Collect info on animals in Ragol". We could do this! I mean, if we can kill them easily, what else can't we do?
    NEW ULTIMATE: All right... we'll do it. Hey, lady, we would like to work on this one.
    GUILD GIRL: Very well! I'll contact ALICIA.
    REI: Hmmm... and I'll contact you later, toots!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Who is this ALICIA?
    GUILD GIRL: ...She's the one who made the request.
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...Ah. Didn't see her name there.

In that moment, a female Human Force arrives at the Guild, supposedly ALICIA.

REI: Wooo! That is one nice...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Is that ALICIA?
    GUILD GIRL: Yeah. Well, go and talk to her!

They both walk towards the girl. She is a FOmarl, with blue tied hair and a beautiful Force dress.

ALICIA BAZ: REI? NEW ULTIMATE? Were you the ones who volunteered for the quest?
    REI: Yeah. Mind if ya fill us in with the details?
    ALICIA BAZ: Sure. Firstly, I want to thank you. Thanks to you...
    REI: Thanks to us what?
    ALICIA BAZ: ...What I meant is that you guys will help me with the research. ER, I MEAN study!
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...What study?
    ALICIA BAZ: Well, we are a small team working in a lab... Ah... I can't tell you which... And we are currently researching the animals on Ragol for basic info.
    REI: What do you want us to do?
    ALICIA BAZ: I will insert this equipment on your weapons. It will collect data as soon as your photon blade or techniques interact with the creature. I expect you all to collect data on the 5 basic types of animals on Ragol.
    NEW ULTIMATE: So, basically, all we have to do is kill monsters with it?
    ALICIA BAZ: Exactly. But... this gadget will only work for 20 minutes since you start it. I expect you to bring me all the data of the animals on Ragol by that time.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Got it.
    REI: This will be fun.
    ALICIA BAZ: ...This is a confidential mission. Don't talk about it to anyone.
    NEW ULTIMATE & REI: Ok.

They both go into the forest. Due to their training everyday on the main quest, they easily take out hordes of Boomas, Wolves, Mothmants, Rappys... all in around 7 minutes. Then, on the second part of the forest, they've successfully managed to beat the crap out of a hildebear, after many photon blows, blasts and techniques. This battle was easier than the first, since they teamworked this time a lot better. Then the instrument collected the data for the last time before sending a message saying they had all the data they needed.

NEW ULTIMATE: All set. Let's go back.
    REI: We didn't even need half the time to get the data. Hell, I told ya, we rock.

They both return to the Guild. NEW and REI hand over their instruments to ALICIA.

ALICIA BAZ: Is this all the data? Thank you. Please get your money at the counter.

REI and NEW quickly looked at each other. They charged towards the counter and battled to get there first. The Guild girl screamed as she saw two mad Hunters coming her way.

REI: 60 % for me!
    NEW ULTIMATE: You MUST be kidding. I killed more than you did, lil' King.
    REI: I killed that bunch of Boomas by myself, didn't I?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Yeah, you did. You killed those 2 by yourself. And I killed the next 4 Goboomas.
    REI: And WHO killed the following Gigoboomas? Huh? Huh?

After some fighting they finally agree on 50/50. But as the girl gave them the meseta they restarted the fight and continued until each got equal shares.

ALICIA BAZ: Are they really friends...?

The day is ending, with NEW and REI resting on the top of a hill, near the end of the first part of the forest, around the deserted residential area. They are enjoying a well-earned rest, after all the killing, and watching Central Dome in the distant horizon.

REI: It's unbelievable. It looks like they keep reappearing. There's too many beasts... I still don't understand why. And all... all of them are aggressive. Not a friendly animal around here...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Yeah... oh look!

NEW points to a capsule with messages inside, somewhere between the grass.

REI: Another capsule? That makes around 4 now! Is that again from Rico?

Rico, the famous scientist/hunter had been dropping capsules around the forest with info she collected or her personal thoughts about the mysterious situation on the planet.

NEW ULTIMATE: It's the same voice as before... It's her.
    CAPSULE: So the monsters rebelled against the human colonists and started to fight to defend their territory, since the human presence consisted as a threat to their eco-system. But what about the explosion? I need some info. I have to do some more research.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Well... I doubt that the monsters rebelled against people...
    REI: Yeah. In their first reports they stated that the animals were very friendly. This explosion, however... Is something I can't explain.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Rico started researching before us. She's ahead of us... She could have already reached Central Dome and found out what happened. Or... she could be already dead...
    REI: Why did you accept the task of finding her?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Principal Tyrell was worried sick about Rico. Even though he didn't ask me to find her, I could see it in his eyes. And Irene asked me to do it.

In that moment, NEW's arm PC rings.

REI: Who is it?
    NEW ULTIMATE: It's ALICIA... from our last quest.
    REI: Yeah baby! I just knew she'd have the guts to invite me out to dinner!

NEW answers the call and ALICIA appears on his arm PC's screen.

NEW ULTIMATE: NEW here. How can we help you?
    ALICIA BAZ: NEW... and REI. Did you really collect this data from the animals on Ragol?
    NEW ULTIMATE & REI: ?
    REI: Of course we did. We collected that data by using the same process we do each day: Killing beasts on the forest of Ragol! Why do you ask that to us?
    NEW ULTIMATE: ALICIA, you seem surprised... shocked... Is something up?
    ALICIA BAZ: Well... It's hard to explain as its a genetic issue. But basically, according to our rese... studies, we believe that the gene pool of the animals on Ragol has been altered.
    REI: You mean...
    ALICIA BAZ: Yes. Someone or something has been playing with the DNA of these animals. This data does not match with the data from Pioneer 1 from years ago. This... this is frightning... I thought of saying this as it may help you on your main quest.
    NEW ULTIMATE: How did you know of my main quest? I didn't tell you a thing about it!

NEW looks at REI.

REI: I didn't tell her anything either.
    ALICIA BAZ: Oops... Never mind. Anyway, thanks again for you precious help.

ALICIA disconnects. NEW looks at REI, and then they look at the sun hiding behind the mountains, before disappearing and giving place to the moon and the stars all around the night sky.

NEW ULTIMATE: Now I really want to know answers. Starting tomorrow morning, we head towards Central Dome to find out what happened here.
    REI: Yeah!
    NEW ULTIMATE: We don't know what we will find, or what will find us. We don't know what to expect, but we will know what to find out!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Starting tomorrow morning, we'll head towards our probable final destination!
    NEW ULTIMATE: I'm hungry. What's dinner?
    REI: ...

As they finish dinner, they go to sleep, anxious to know answers, but petrified at the same time. And in the middle of the forest two Hunters finally snore at the starts and at their destiny.

Next chapters:

- A prelude to the Underworld
    - I know you! I'll kill you!

EDIT: glitches...

2nd EDIT: More glitches...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-10 16:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-10 16:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-19 03:44 ]</font>

Here's the 6th chapter. Boy, this took a lot out of me. Enjoy.

--- Chapter 6 - The Duel and the Dragon ---

The morning arrives. The sun hasn't yet appeared and REI wakes up. He doesn't see NEW's sleeping bag anywhere. He looks up to NEW in the distance who is practising saber moves.

NEW ULTIMATE: Oh, glad you are finally awake. I've been killing beasts since 7 AM and collected some more meseta for me. I'm going back to pioneer 2 for an instant, just wait here, I'll be right back.
    REI: ...Good morning to you too.

NEW creates a pipe, casting the spell Ryuker. He teleports back to Ragol. REI in the meantime takes that chance to fold his sleeping bag and saves it in his virtual inventory. In the meantime, it starts to rain, creating an atmosphere filled with sorrow around the forest. Right after that, NEW arrives.

NEW ULTIMATE: What...? What happened to the cloudy sky morning? The second I go away it starts to rain?
    REI: Why did you return back to Pioneer 2?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Hee Hee... That's a surprise buddy! Come on, let's move.

They both equip their weapons and head towards the Central Dome. They restart pummeling towards the beasts in the middle of the rain. Wolves, Rappys, Boomas, Mothmants and even Hildebears fall to the muddy and wet floor. Along the way they still find no one, except some crashed airships, and Rico's capsules, making them conclude that Rico is always a step ahead of them. After much slaughter and photon blasting the reach an alley with a huge pillar.

NEW ULTIMATE: What's this doing here?
    REI: There's a capsule on the ground. Let's hear it.
    CAPSULE MESSAGE: They say that this column was built to commemorate the arrival of Pioneer 1. But... it may be just me but it doesn't look very new.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Huh?
    REI: New as in recent.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Oh. Come to think of it, it looks pretty old to me. What's this...?

NEW looks to a switch.

REI: A switch? In a statue? What does a switch do in a rock statue?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Only one way to find out... Stand back, maybe some secret passage will open or something.

NEW slowly presses the switch.

REI: ...Some switch. It didn't do a thing.

The statue starts emiting an eerie blue glow, along with a roaring noise. Suddenly it becomes more violent, shaking all around.

NEW ULTIMATE: What is this?
    REI: I think it will explode!
    NEW ULTIMATE: I think it will crack open!
    REI: Maybe it's gonna fire something somewhere!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Or even point us a location!

...Nothing happens. It's just a statue emiting blue light and a motor-like noise shaking in the place.

REI: Let's go. Central Dome is right ahead.

They both leave the statue and approach Central Dome. It was now closer to them as never before. In a small passageway with many plants, was a teleporter to the entrance to the Central Dome. As they use it, they arrive at a wide open space in the building, possibly to land aircrafts. Suddently mothmants drop from the sky and wolves jump from nearby bushes.

NEW ULTIMATE: Watch out!
    REI: I know. Don't worry, I have my mosquito reppelent here. You take care of the wolves.

REI shapes his hand like if it were a gun. He starts shooting Foies towards the giant bugs with his finger, while NEW hacks and slashes the beasts. After some finger firing and saber slaughtering they are alone again... until a group of Boomas and Rappys appears in front of them and strikes at them.

REI: You're only getting on our way.

REI rises his hand and charges. he closes his fist and points towards the bunch of beasts.

REI: RAFOIE!!!

REI rises two fingers which trigger an enourmous explosion on the area in front of them, killing every single beast alive. NEW drops his jaw while REI is sweating like crazy and trying to catch his breath.

NEW ULTIMATE: That was amazing!
    REI: Yeah... but it takes a lot out of me...

They move towards the only door at the area. They find the entrance to Central Dome being completly destroyed.

NEW ULTIMATE: What the... It seems we can't enter through here. What did they do to the door...?

When NEW looks back at REI he is no longer there.

NEW ULTIMATE: REI??

He hears a roar and some weird noises behind him. He looks back to see a Hildebear with REI in one of his hands.

REI: Goddamn it! NEW! Strike him when I give you the signal! And be quick as hell, for god's sake!

REI starts to charge. This time he is preparing two spells.

REI: JELLEN! ZALURE!

While NEW stands in defence position, REI shows his palms at the bears face, shooting the spells to the beast, making it weaker. The Hildebear roars in anger.

REI: NOW!!!

NEW ULTIMATE: HAAAAAGHHH!!!

NEW jumps quickly at the bear and strikes the arm which held REI. He strikes it so hard that it cuts right through it, making the arm drop with REI and also making the beast roar in agony.

NEW ULTIMATE: Not OVER YET!

He continuosly attacks with his photon blade the beast, until it drops dead. REI drops his jaw while NEW is sweating like crazy and trying to catch his breath.

REI: That was...
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...But it takes a lot out of me.

They both smile at each other.

REI: Well, how are we going to do now? We can't get inside.
    NEW ULTIMATE: We'll find another entrance.

They look at a huge teleporter.

NEW ULTIMATE: Wow... this baby can carry more than one person at a time!
    REI: And it's working! Do you think it will take us to the inside?

They stare at each other for a while and rush towards it.

REI: It's time we have some answers!

The teleporter is activated and they both dematerialise. They rematerialise inside a dark brown cave. Before they could figure out where they were, they notice a huge Dragon coming from the ceiling and landing in front of them, emiting a huge frightning roar. Both REI and NEW drop their jaws in fear.

NEW ULTIMATE: ...Err...
    REI: ...Knock Knock?
    NEW ULTIMATE: What the hell is this huge dragon doing here, inside Central Dome?
    REI: Maybe he was pissing somewhere and didn't like to be disbturbed. Let's go back.
    NEW ULTIMATE: And why does Central Dome have an entrance to a cave inside?
    REI: Er... NEW, I don't mean to interrupt your homework but... HE'S COMING AT US!!!

REI charges a GIFOIE.

REI: You're in the way, nitro-breath.

REI shoots and fire balls circle him until they hit the dragon's head. After shaking it, the dragon doesn't seem affected.

REI: ...That was... my GIFOIE...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Well done REI. Foie-type spells against a Fire dragon??? For heaven's sake, he BREATHES FOIE!!!
    REI: Now ya tell me!! At least I'm not standing around thinking about some planet in the middle of a life-death situation!
    NEW ULTIMATE: It's called THINKING!
    REI: Aw shut up! All you do...

The huge dragon opens its mouth and throws gigantic flames at both of them until they start to run away from it.

REI & NEW ULTIMATE (running): OW! OW! UH! OW!
    REI: We shouldn't argue right now.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Yeah.
    REI: Let's GET HIM!!!

The dragon runs towards them and when its close enough it shoots fire at them again.

REI & NEW ULTIMATE (running): OW! OW! UH! OW!
    NEW ULTIMATE: "Let's GET HIM", you said?
    REI: Shut up and think of a strategy.

REI casts RESTA on both of them, healing of their burn injuries.

NEW ULTIMATE: Ok, let's split up. You go right I go left. The dragon will only come after one of us. When he does, the other guy will strike the dragon at his back.
    REI: Gotcha.

They split up. The dragon, which was chasing them, came to a sudden stop. After looking both sides, he selects NEW and runs after him.

NEW ULTIMATE: DAMN! REI, I'm COUNTING ON YOU!

NEW was cornered. Behind him the wall. Ahead was the Dragon. Just when the dragon was about to once again throw fire at NEW, something hits its face like if it were a slap.

REI: My... Gizonde... just tapped it on the face...

The dragon moves its big legs and looks back at REI. NEW then thinks.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking): That's it! His legs! I have to throw him off-balance! Why didn't I think of it before?
    NEW ULTIMATE: REI! Aim towards his legs! LIKE THIS!!!

NEW jumps at his legs. Before the dragon turns back at him, NEW is already slashing its legs, making the dragon lose control and fall. After a huge tumble, NEW & REI decide to strike its head. NEW continuosly photon-slashes the beast's skull, while REI keeps frezzing it to the bone with BARTA-type spells. After a while, the huge behemoth finally got to stand up and both hunters stand back.

REI: Heheh... this won't turn out to be a big problem after all!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Stay focused!

The dragon opens its huge wings and gives out another enourmous battlecry.

REI: I think we hurt it...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Ok, let's do the same process. His legs... and then his head!

Before they could do that, the creature jumps high into the air, shaking its wings and floating.

NEW ULTIMATE: WHAT? Shit! I didn't think of that! How are we going to strike it now?
    REI: ...You seem to forget about me.

The creature spits balls of fire towards them. After an easy dodge, REI shoots GIBARTA at the beast, making it lose control and almost falling. But it manages to keep on the air.

NEW ULTIMATE: Well done!

The Dragon then goes further into the air, closing its wings.

NEW ULTIMATE: What...?
    REI: It's gonna dive! Straight at US!

They both jump in time, before the dragon hits the floor violently, shaking every place and disappearing underground.

REI: It dug a hole in the ground... The dragon is below us!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Yeah, I kinda noticed that!

The ground rumbles. Then something is seen in the distance.

REI: The ground... it's rising!
    NEW ULTIMATE: No it's not... it's the dragon diggin' straight towards us!
    REI: How can he dig so fast?

Before an answer, both jump aside as the dragon digged underneath them.

REI: Damn! So he wants to play tag right?
    NEW ULTIMATE: I think I can locate him by analysing the vibrations from the ground.
    REI: Where is he?

The floor below them starts to crack.

REI: Oh hell no.

The dragon emerges from the ground at an astonishing speed, cracking it open violently and hitting both hunters away, before floating around the cave. They both get up.

NEW ULTIMATE: Hnnngh! Damn!
    REI: Why didn't you say he was under our feet?
    NEW ULTIMATE: He was too fast!
    REI: Damn... this is getting ugly...

The dragon lands and faces both badly wounded hunters, preparing to once more burn them.

NEW ULTIMATE: Damn... We can't even get through his fire... breath...

NEW suddenly stops as if he discovered something.

REI: What's the matter?
    NEW ULTIMATE: I got it! Quick, when I give you the signal, you launch BARTA at me!
    REI: At you? What the heck are you thinking?

NEW unequips his saber and equips a huge yellow-green coloured photon bladed sword, the Dragon Slayer.

NEW ULTIMATE: No time to explain! When I say now you aim your spell at me! Trust me, you have to give everything you got!

Without another word NEW runs with his huge sword in the direction of the dragon's mouth.

REI (thinking) : So that's what he went to do on Pioneer 2... Buy a new weapon...
    NEW ULTIMATE: NOW REI, NOW!!!

NEW jumps at the beast, rising his Dragon slayerand preparing to attack, while the dragon opens the mouth at NEW to burn him to death.

REI: I hope you know what you're doing! GIBARTA!!!

REI hits NEW ULTIMATE and immediatly freezes him, making a man-sized ice block being projected to the dragon, which fires his flames at NEW. This is making all the ice around NEW melt, making him able to attack and when he is close enough (and dry enough) he finally delivers a powerful blow with his sword direcly at the neck of the monster, slashing the head off its enourmus body.

REI: Cool! Or not...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Yes... It's over!!

A wounded and burned NEW falls to the floor, right before the dragon's head. But... the huge head-less monster body is still standing. When it finally starts to fall, it goes right for NEW.

REI: Oh DAMN! NEW! GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!!!

NEW doesn't have time to get up, when the dragon's left wing falls along with its body. After a loud tumbling noise, and when the floor stops shaking violently, REI runs to check out on NEW.

REI: Get the hell outta my way!!

He charges large amounts of energy into a RABARTA. He quickly shoots it so strongly that the cold winds move the beast's dead body a little away, allowing REI to see NEW's Dragon Slayer.

REI: Just a little more...

Before catching his breath he gathers all his energy left to another RABARTA. He manages to move the body a little more. REI falls on his knees, exhausted. He looks back to check on NEW... But the only thing he sees... is a telepipe!

REI: What the hell? That guy... created a telepipe and quickly teleported back to Pioneer 2... all in a half second... Hehehe... He's ALIVE!!!

After cleaning all the sweat from his face and after regaining strength he can walk again. He grabs NEW's weapon...

REI: This thing is... heavy as hell! I'm having trouble lifting it and he could weild it...?

He saves the weapon in his virtual inventory and drags himself to the telepipe. When he arrives at Pioneer 2 he doesn't see NEW anywhere.

REI: ...? NEW? NEW ULTIMATE? Where the hell did he go?

He sees some people running out of the medical center, in the distance. It's NEW heading his way and a couple of nurses chasing him.

NURSE #1: But Mister, you're not fully healed yet!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Thanks for your attention ladies, but REI is in a critical condition!
    NURSE #2: REI? Who's REI?

NEW and the nurses stops running when they see a bleeding half-burned REI trying to keep on his feet near the telepipe.

NEW ULTIMATE: ...REI!! You're... OK!!!
    REI: Heheh... Never felt better. So, you run from the fight to hook up with those nurses? You really are a player...

NURSE #2: You'd better come along too, Kid. You're almost as bad as he was!
    REI: ...I'm NOT A KID!!! I'm almost 20!!!

The nurses carry REI by the arms towards the medical center.

NEW ULTIMATE: When you're healed, meet me in the principal's office to report this.
    NURSE #1: Where do you think you're going? You're still not healed, buster! Come along or I'll make ya!
    REI: Haha... I bet not even the dragon was as dangerous as her, right NEW?

NURSE #1 steps on REI's feet.

REI: OW!!
    NURSE #2: Dragon? What dragon?
    REI: Oh it's a long story... On how REI here managed to cut the face off a giant dragon... Come on, I'll tell you all about it ladies.

EDIT: Added a chapter in the incoming chapter's list

Next chapters:

- A prelude to the Underworld
    - KIREEK is mad
    - I know you! I'll kill you!
    - Three Hunters

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-14 11:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:19 ]</font>

Here's the 7th chapter. I'm sorry to include a chapter between the incoming chapters, but I forgot to include it before. Enjoy.

--- Chapter 7 - A prelude to the Underworld ---

In the principal's room, stand two Hunters.

TYRELL: And this... Huge dragon... Did it attack you?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Yes, it was extremely hostile. We almost lost our lives battling it, but we both managed to defeat it, coming out seriously injured.
    REI (whispering) : NEW... What the hell did you say in the middle on all that formal talk?
    NEW ULTIMATE (whispering) : ... The literal translation is "Yeah, he was a bad boy. We almost died in the fight, but we won that huge son of a bitch, altough we got our asses fried."
    REI (whispering) : Ah...
    TYRELL: Thank god you're all right. There was no report of this dragon...
    REI: The dragon was inside Central Dome. And also inside Central Dome is an entrance to some sort of cave.
    TYRELL: A cave? An entrance to a cave inside Central Dome? How strange... Perhaps in the depths of that cave lies the key to this mistery?
    NEW ULTIMATE: I hope so.
    TYRELL: Please continue your research. It seems Ragol isn't the paradise Pioneer 1 stated it was.
    REI & NEW ULTIMATE: Yes sir.

REI blinks his eye at secretary IRENE. She shows him the finger.

REI: Hmm... spicy!

REI gets hit on the head by a women's shoe. After teleporting back to Pioneer 2, NEW says they should take a quest to make more meseta, since he had spended all in the Dragon Slayer. REI agrees and they both go to the Hunter's Guild. After checking the list again, they both decide on "The Grave's Butler." The GUILD GIRL points to a little teenage girl standing next to the large window, staring towards Ragol silently.

NEW ULTIMATE: Is that the girl who made the request?
    GUILD GIRL: Yeah.

They both go meet her. MATHA turns over silently and asked if they were the 2 hunters who took the quest.

REI: That's us. REI and NEW.
    NEW ULTIMATE: NEW and REI. How can we help you?
    MATHA: Well... I my name is MATHA. MATHA GRAVE. My parents are scientists, so I'm usually alone. BLANT is the butler of the family, he always took care of me. He's like a father to me. But now... he dissapeared. I don't know where to find him! Please help me. Please help me find BLANT...
    NEW ULTIMATE: That's it? No problem.

The three decide to split in Pioneer 2 to find traces of BLANT and decide to meet in front of the main teleporter to Ragol in 20 minutes. NEW questions everyone in his way.

NEW ULTIMATE: Excuse me, have you seen BLANT?
    HUMAN HUNTER: BLANT? He left? He was a renowed ranger. If he left there had to be a reason.

NEW finds an android near the teleporter to principal's TYRELL room.

NEW ULTIMATE: Excuse me, have you seen a Ranger by the name of BLANT?
    ANDROID HUNTER: Blant? I saw him in the cave. I never seen him with so much protection on. What is he doing? He was in a rush. I'm not sure if he is still in the cave.
    NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : He went into the caves? Damn! We didn't even enter them and other hunters are already exploring it?

A few minutes later they meet in front of the main teleporter. But REI is missing.

NEW ULTIMATE: Where is REI? I told him to meet us here.

He comes out from the Medical Center with a huge bump on his forehead.
    MATHA: ...
    REI: ... Ahh... No BLANT here.
    NEW ULTIMATE: I heard from a Hunter that he went to the caves in Ragol.
    REI: What? The caves? Those caves we discovered?
    MATHA: ...Er... were you the ones who found out the entrance to the caves inside Central Dome? The ones who defeated the dragon?
    REI: Don't get too excited kid.
    NEW ULTIMATE: It's dangerous. We didn't have time to enter the caves yet. What could he be doing there? I'm going there to find him.
    REI: No. WE'RE going to go there to find him.

NEW smiles at REI.

MATHA: I'll come too.
    NEW ULTIMATE: It can be very dangerous. There were... or still are monsters around Central Dome. If there was a huge dragon INSIDE Central Dome, who knows what else can be?
    REI: NEW... Let her come along. She wants to find out BLANT. BLANT is like a father to her. Don't you understand that?
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...Oh, all right.
    REI: You've got a lot to learn about emotional stuff. If you continue like that, you'll never find a girlfriend!
    NEW ULTIMATE: MATHA, stay close to us at any cost.
    MATHA: All right.

They use the main teleporter straight into the cave's entrance. They materialise in front of a big green automatic door. It opens when they are close enough, and they can see man-made stairs, lava flowing here and there, and doors all around the place. They march inside and look everywhere for anyone.

REI: It seems these caves were explored by Central Dome staff.
    NEW ULTIMATE: I wonder if that has any connection with the big questions...
    MATHA: What big questions?
    NEW ULTIMATE: What was that explosion in the Central Dome... Why are animals on Ragol attacking us... If the colonists on Ragol were killed by the animals... This. All this.

They walk a little bit in the center of the area.

REI: Well, nobody here as well. Damn!

Right after that, a weird noise is heard.

NEW ULTIMATE: What the...
    REI: Something's wrong.

They see some creatures materialising around them.

NEW ULTIMATE: What are these beasts?

Green Evil Sharks with 4 eyes and light-blue photon blades for claws surround them. NEW draws his Dragon Slayer and REI starts charging.

MATHA: Ewww!!! Mutant monsters!!
    REI: What are these weirdos???
    NEW ULTIMATE: REI! Watch out for MATHA at all cost!!
    REI: Gotcha.

And once more begins a fierce battle. NEW slashes multiple Sharks with a blow but they seem little affected.

NEW ULTIMATE: These mutants are strong as hell!

And he notices one of them break through his defences from an opening after a strike with NEW's huge sword. The creature strikes NEW straight in the chest. NEW shouts in agony and slashes the mutant in half, with his rage.

NEW ULTIMATE: Photon blades as well...? What... are these things?

REI quickly heals NEW's chest wound and looks for MATHA. He finds her surrounded by 3 Evil Sharks.

REI: Oh no you don't. GIBARTA!

REI's ice spell hits the Sharks but they don't seem to be affected by it.

REI: What...? All right then. GI FOIE!

He fires some fire-balls at the enemy. The Sharks shout a weird cry before being dematerialised apart.

REI: I think... they died. Weak against Fire! Got it!

After some more minutes battling, they manage to kill all the mutants.

NEW ULTIMATE: Phew... What were these... things? Aliens?
    REI: ...We ARE on an alien planet, NEW.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Good point.
    MATHA: Blant... if he came through here... he had to fight these creatures! I wonder if he's all right.
    REI: Look, there's a capsule over there!

REI parts to open the capsule.

NEW ULTIMATE: Is it from Rico?
    REI: Yeah.
    RICO'S CAPSULE MESSAGE: Wow... This cave is a treasure trove of discoveries. Creatures undiscovered to people. Completly unknown animals. I think they are mutant forms of the original animals. Perhaps the government was keeping this a secret. It's possible... but for what purpose?
    NEW ULTIMATE: It seems these creatures also have suffered a DNA manipulation, that's why they look like mutants...
    REI: Are you saying that somebody evolved the animals on this cave, turning them into mutants?
    NEW ULTIMATE: Maybe the government was researching this and didn't want us to know. But why?

The three continue to explore the dark caves, through metallic bridges connecting rocky rooms and above lava rivers. They go through another big automatic door and reach a room with small lava streams on the floor.

NEW ULTIMATE: Watch your step.
    REI: The floor is kinda hot...
    NEW ULTIMATE: There's lava underneath.

They hear the same noise as before.

NEW ULTIMATE: MATHA! Run towards the door we came in! QUICK!
    MATHA: What...?
    NEW ULTIMATE: NOW!!!

NEW's loud voice frightnened her and she went running and hid behind the door. She could see more Evil Sharks and other creatures coming at the Two Hunters.

REI: All right! I was getting bored!

They lean into each other. Around them are Guil Sharks, like the ones encountered before but bigger and Red skinned, with Pink photon blades.

NEW ULTIMATE: Watch out, these seem more dangerous.
    REI: I've got this packed up already. GIFOIE!

Flames rapidly circle both hunters, hitting the sharks around them. But... the sharks seem invunerable to flames.

REI: WHAT? I swear, those other sharks couldn't help dying when they got burned!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Those were green and blue... These are Red and Pink... Maybe the colour affects those resistances.
    REI: Oh yeah, well... GIBARTA!

And REI frezzes a couple of Sharks, leaving the others shouting a painful cry.

REI: THAT'S IT! Green and blue sharks are ICE-type sharks, Red and pink sharks are FIRE-type sharks! I have to hit the opposite spell of their type! I'm a genious.

NEW weilds his huge sword and delivers numerous blows to the enemies. These are stronger than the latest sharks, but after exchanging some blows, NEW and REI finish them off.

REI: That's it...?

And they sense another weird materialising noise.

NEW ULTIMATE: What's this?

They see a big Grass assassin. It's a blue worm-bug-mantis-like creature, with big sharp claws, two the size of a person and three times the lenght. The creature crawls near them.

REI: Man, it's huge.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Split up!

They go around the Grass Assassin, one on each side. The creature focuses on REI and spits a strange substance to his feet.

REI: Hey! What the... I can't move! Madam feet are stuck on the floor!!

The creature approaches REI and rises its long sharp claw, ready to slash REI in two.

NEW ULTIMATE: Damn! REI!

Right in the last instant, NEW strikes the creature from the back, making it cry in pain and shoot a double dose of the sticky liquid to NEW's feet, making him paralysed on the ground as well.

NEW ULTIMATE: Shit!

The Grass assassin rises its claw to strike NEW... and REI hits the mutant with a GRANTS spell.

REI: Haha! You forgot about me! It seems your stupid glue spit doesn't last forever!

The assassin looks back at REI and gives a mad battlecry, rising both claws.

REI: Hahaha! Mad are ya? I don't blame ya.
    NEW ULTIMATE: REI! WATCH OUT!

It rapidly charges at REI, knocking him over as the assassin's huge body collided with him, like if it were a train. REI gets projected and hits the rock wall, sliding to the floor seriously wounded and uncounscious, while NEW is still stuck.

NEW ULTIMATE: Shit! Can't... move... The glue is still... very strong...

The Grass assassin roars and prepares to finish off REI with its long claw.

MATHA: HAH!

MATHA comes in and fires a BARTA at the beast, freezing it. She takes that chance to heal REI.

NEW ULTIMATE (smiling): MATHA!

REI comes into his senses and thanks MATHA, striking the Grass Assassin with a big Grants spell, finishing the creature off. After a painful cry, the beast stops bleeding and falls to the floor dead, right when NEW can manage to free himself.

NEW ULTIMATE: REI! Hey, you ok?
    REI: I'm getting sick of those lame phrases you do with my name. Aside from that, I'm fine.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Heheh... Good to hear that.
    MATHA: Look, another capsule. There's a green liquid all over it!

They look to a capsule near the green blood of the Grass Assassin, on the floor.

REI: Er... NEW, go and turn it on. After all, I did it last time.
    NEW ULTIMATE: What are you talking about? After all, YOU killed the mutant!

MATHA goes over and turns it on.

MATHA: ...I wonder if its from Rico again...
    CAPSULE MESSAGE: If possible, please deliver my message to Miss Matha Grave. I'm Blant, a butler to the Grave family.
    MATHA: BLANT! It's him!!!
    REI: Scchhh!
    CAPSULE MESSAGE: The Graves are famous scientists: A biologist and a physicist. The've been working hard, doing research for the government. So I've been taking care of their only daughter, Miss Matha Grave. Their research was top secret, and the government alone knew what they did. When Mr. Grave was chosen as a crew member for Pioneer 1, he told me,"We wont be bringing MATHA with us. Don't let her go on Pioneer 2." I was angry with that order at that time. But now... well, here comes another monster. Maybe later.
    MATHA: ...BLANT...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Come on, the only thing we can do is proceed.
    MATHA: Right.

After some more walking they reach a huge area with a metal plate above lava rivers and hot rocks. Huge streams of lava run to underneath the metal plate, which connects to the other side of the room, into another door. They head for the door but 4 strange plants appear blocking the way.

REI: What the hell? Now we have to fight plants?
    NEW ULTIMATE: They don't even move. And is that a mouth? What can they do from there?

In that moment one of the plants spits a green liquid at NEW. When the liquid hits NEW, the plant laughs.

NEW ULTIMATE: What's so funny? It's jus...

NEW falls on his knees. His sight becomes blurry.

NEW ULTIMATE: Ungh... Ahhh...
    REI: Hey, what's the matter?
    NEW ULTIMATE: I feel... sick...
    REI: That liquid... it was poison! Those plants can spit poison!

REI turns over to the plants as they are laughing at them.

REI: HEY, YOU!

After a moment of silence, REI points towards them and shouts.

REI: I SHALL NAME YOU AS POISON LILYS!

MATHA hits REI on the head with her wand.

MATHA: Who cares about that right now ya idiot? Your teammate is feeling sick!

REI casts ANTI on NEW. As he does so, NEW gets up and regains perfect control of his senses.

REI: I have mastered ANTI, the spell used by Newmans in hospitals and medical centers for spirit anomalies.

NEW looks at the plants.

NEW ULTIMATE: I can dodge your stupid spit. And since you can't move, you have no option but to taste my photon blade.

The 4 plants stop laughing and they all spit at NEW. He dodges them all and runs towards the Lilys.

NEW ULTIMATE: Too slow!

He delivers a horizontal strike which cuts the heads of the 4 Lilys off their thin bodies.

MATHA: Eww! Gross!
    REI: Wow! Cool!
    NEW ULTIMATE: Let's! Go!... Er, come on.

After some more strolls into the depths of the caves, they find another capsule. MATHA runs to turn it on and listen to the voice message.

CAPSULE MESSAGE (BLANT's VOICE) : Mr. Grave said nothing, but he showed me his computer monitor. I can't describe it, but I saw some results from genetic engineering. Mr. Grave kept silent. A chill ran down my spine. Is the "Pioneer Project" really just an immigration plan?
    MATHA: ...genetic engineering...?
    NEW ULTIMATE: The gene pool alteration... mentioned to us before by ALICIA BAZ...
    REI: It seems these animals are mutant variations of the creatures who inhabited these caves before. But... Who did it? And why?
    MATHA: Let's just go.

They reach a room with a lava river in the middle. On the other side were two transporters.

REI: I guess we can't just jump across.

They see two hunters in the room and decide to question them.

NEW ULTIMATE: Excuse me...
    FEMALE HUNTER: No thank you! I'm busy!...Oh sorry. You're lookin for a Ranger? Yes, I saw him. He went that way.

She points to the only door available out of the room, asides from the one they entered. The three of them go and continue to go deeper into the caves. They eventually reach a third capsule.

CAPSULE MESSAGE (BLANT's VOICE) : MATHA Grave missed her parents terribly. She wanted to see them. So I felt like going to Pioneer 2 with her, ignoring his order. I felt uneasy. What was Mr. Grave's mission? What was waiting for us? I instinctly reached for my armor when we reached Ragol. I had to see Pioneer 1 and uncover the truth. If Ragol was a dangerous planet, I had to keep Matha safe! I sneaked into the transporter without telling her anything.
    NEW ULTIMATE: That was a big mistake! Come on, we have to find him. We gotta be quick!

They continue to march through the caves, finding some of Rico's capsules along the way with info about how fighting the mutants. After some battles, they reach a small teleporter. That teleporter took them to the previous room with the two hunters, but this time they were on the other side, and could now go to the transporter which took them to the second part of the caves. They reach a new part of the caves, this one now had some plants on the walls. Instead of lava, there were rivers of water flowing here and there.

REI: We are going deeper... and deeper. I wonder what is waiting for us at the end of the caves...
    NEW ULTIMATE: Save it for later, we have a quest to finish.

They could see jellyfishes and dragonflies flying around, trees and bushes growing in the grounds and walls as they strolled.

REI: Now this is something more relaxed to see.

After a short walk, they reach a room with some waterfalls, and the light inside the cave gave that room some holy atmosphere.

MATHA: Beautiful...
    REI: Look, another capsule!

He points to the center of the room. A capsule is already opened, with the message being processed infinite times, as if the capsule was laid in a hurry.

NEW ULTIMATE: ... It seems somebody didn't have time to seal it.
    MATHA: I have... a bad feeling about this.
    REI: Let's just hear it.
    CAPSULE MESSAGE (BLANT's voice) : They are coming. They are many. I don't think I can go on. The wounds... are too deep...
    CAPSULE MESSAGE (BLANT's voice) : I... don't think... I can make it. I lived a peaceful life. My only regret is leaving MATHA behind all alone. MATHA, your parents didn't want you to come here because they hated you. They wanted you to stay because they loved you. Please don't misunderstand. Ragol is a very dangerous planet. Something is wrong... Please deliver my message to Miss MATHA Grave. So long.....
    MATHA: ...BLANT!!!!!!

After a moment of silence, MATHA falls on her knees with tears streaming through her face. She makes an effort to stop weeping but can't hide her sadness. When she gets it together, she says that the job is done and she wishes to be sent back towards Pioneer 2. NEW creates a pipe in silence and tells REI:

NEW ULTIMATE: Take her along. I'll look for BLANT's body and give him a worthy burial. I'll meet you in the Guild.
    REI: All right.

REI takes MATHA by her hand and they both use the pipe.

NEW ULTIMATE: BLANT... I shall give you the burial you deserve.

NEW continues past the door. After walking through some rocky corridors, he reaches a bright room, with a small lake and plats, and with some Sharks. He sees a dead body on the floor behind them. It's a ranger, possibly BLANT. The 4 sharks note NEW's presence and walk rapidly towards him.

NEW ULTIMATE: You killed MATHA's butler. You will pay for it.

NEW strongly holds his Dragon Slayer, and then he shouts in rage, slashing the sharks. They couldn't get near NEW as he sliced them in parts. After the mad impulse and after the sharks are all dead, NEW calms down and approaches the body. He searches the PC and turns it on.

COMPUTER SCREEN: BLANT's Private account. Please insert password.

NEW turns it off. That's all the proof he needs that he was BLANT. NEW starts digging the floor with his sword alone and then inserts BLANT slowly on the ground. After a decent burial, NEW writes on the floor "BLANT - Grave's honorable Butler and MATHA's second father.".

NEW ULTIMATE: Rest in peace... BLANT.

NEW turns around and goes back to the teleporter. A small breeze goes through the cave. A flower on a wall loses its petals. They fall in the Butler's grave, as a sign of the end of his work for the Graves.

Next chapters:

- KIREEK is mad.
    - I know you! I'll Kill you!
    - Three hunters
    - Fighting beyond science

Lots of grammatical errors on this chapter...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ultimate on 2002-07-18 14:59 ]</font>

The 8th chapter. This one's shorter than the previous ones... but I like it. Have fun.

--- Chapter 8 - KIREEK is mad. ---

As NEW goes back to the telepipe, he enters a dark blue room which he can see a dark figure.

NEW ULTIMATE: Who's there?!
    KIREEK: Pleased to see you again NEW ULTIMATE. Have you trained yourself?
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...KIREEK?
    KIREEK: Yes it's me. I'm KIREEK, also known as Black Hound, of the Black Paper.
    NEW ULTIMATE: Black Paper? Isn't that the gang of bandit Hunters? What are you doing in a gang like that?
    KIREEK: I'm only built for battle. My sole purpose is to find worthy opponents and then devour their soul, so I joined the Black Paper. To hunt Hunters. To fight Hunters. To devour Hunters. The stronger a soul is, the more delicious it becomes. Hmm... you've grown so tasty... Let me devour your soul, NEW ULTIMATE...
    NEW ULTIMATE: ...What the hell are you saying? Are you mad???

NEW steps back and looks at the SOUL EATER.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : The SOUL EATER... Can it really eat souls?
    KIREEK: Let's see how much are you worth!

KIREEK runs towards NEW ULTIMATE preparing to deliver a vertical slash. NEW senses what he's doing and blocks the slash with his sword. They both stay measuring forces for a while before KIREEK steps backward.

KIREEK: You're stronger than I thought.
    NEW ULTIMATE: I wasn't the newbie I was when I practised with you. You'll never taste my soul.

NEW leaps along with a battle cry to slash vertically KIREEK. He easily dodges NEW's sword by doing a complete 360 degree turn to his left and counters punching NEW in the right side of the face with full force, making NEW fall to the side and let go of the dragon slayer.

KIREEK: What are you going to do now...? No weapon...

KIREEK slowly approaches NEW preparing to scythe his life. NEW quickly gets up.

NEW ULTIMATE: I'm not unnarmed.

NEW points him a finger.

KIREEK: What are you going to do with that?
    NEW ULTIMATE: GIZONDE!

A bolt of lightning fires from NEW's finger and hits KIREEK in the chest, making him fall backwards. NEW takes the chance to get his Dragon Slayer. After he does it, KIREEK is standing up again.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : This time, a horizontal blow.

NEW runs to KIREEK and quickly slashes a horizontal half-circle blow which KIREEK dodges by jumping over it and towards the Hunter, leaving NEW open to attack. While in mid-air:

KIREEK: You need more strategy, NEW.

KIREEK kicks NEW's forehead. This blow was stronger than the punch before but NEW could hold tight into his weapon this time. NEW falls to the ground but flips backward and stands up.

KIREEK: My turn.

KIREEK runs to NEW and also delivers a horizontal blow. NEW sees it coming and dodges it by leaning backwards and allowing the scythe to pass right above him. He puts his hands on the floor and kicks KIREEK's mettalic chin. He quickly gets up and makes use of his weapon by finally hitting KIREEK with so hard that makes get thrown back and fall to the floor.

NEW ULTIMATE: Howzat?

KIREEK gets up.

KIREEK: You disappoint me NEW. Was that your best shot?
    NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : Impossible... I hit him with my full strength...

KIREEK slowly steps backward. NEW sees that he's going backwards and slowly advances towards him. KIREEK is retreating slowly and NEW is slowly following him.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : What's he doing?

When NEW is on the place where KIREEK fell, he senses an alert.

KIREEK: Heh.
    NEW ULTIMATE: What...?

A mine trap rises in from of him and explodes right in NEW's face so hard his body gets thrown to the wall. A bleeding NEW ULTIMATE tries to stand up.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking): Damn... he got me hard in there...

NEW casts RESTA on himself.

NEW ULTIMATE: AGAIN!

NEW walks towards him stops when he's close enough. They both stare at each other. Then KIREEK leaps forward on a diagonal scythe strike. NEW dodges by turning right and prepares to attack KIREEK, since he's now the one who's open to attack. But KIREEK quiclky hits NEW's nose with his elbow. NEW almost falls backwards but manages to stay afoot. He jumps backward to think for a while.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : Damn... he's still much more experienced than me...

KIREEK advances to NEW, which makes him retreat backwards. He senses another alert.

NEW ULTIMATE: CRAP!

Another trap appears right behind NEW. It explodes and freezes NEW completly.

NEW ULTIMATE: Can't... move...
    KIREEK: You're still not good enough.

He rises his scythe in the air.

KIREEK: I could kill you right now NEW. Do you understand that?

KIREEK: ...No. That wouldn't be fun. I want to devour your tasty soul... But not yet. not just yet...

He lowers his scythe, turns back and disappears in the cave's darkness, while laughing widly, leaving a frosty NEW on the place. In the meantime, NEW sees another figure approaching him.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : What? A Shark! Damn, not now!
    REI: FOIE!

REI shoots a Foie powerfull bullet to melt all the ice around NEW.

NEW ULTIMATE: REI! Thanks man!
    REI: What took you so long? Goddamnit, I leave you alone and you go to have fun with the sharks?
    NEW ULTIMATE: It was no shark. If it was where is it now?
    REI: ...Good point.

REI and NEW get out of the dark room they were. Once REI can get a better view of NEW he sees that he's bleeding.

REI: What the HELL were you doing in there?
    NEW ULTIMATE: I'll tell you later. Right now, we have to reach the end of the caves to solve some puzzles.
    REI: Oh, here's your share on the prize money on MATHA's request. Now tell me what happened?

NEW starts to tell him the story, as the two hunters walk deeper into the caves.

NEW ULTIMATE (thinking) : KIREEK... I'll win you next time. And I will destroy you.

Next chapters:

- I know you! I'll Kill you!
    - Three hunters
    - Fighting beyond science
    - Out of control

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2002-07-21 03:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New Ultimate on 2002-07-21 15:37 ]</font>