Thread: Guild Wars.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

So, did anyone else get in on the open beta 2 weeks ago? I did and I haven't been able to play PSO since.
    I HAD to pre-order the game.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

I didn't get on the open beta, but I did the preorder thing and was able to play the last weekend in Oct. and I believe there is another event on the first of Dec. Definitely a game worth getting excited about.

When it froze my computer during the loading process each time it had to load new files for any legnth of time, no, it stopped holding my interest and just pissed me off.

Although the bit that I did get to play was interesting, did'nt get to play it enough to get a real feel for the gameplay over any amount of time aside from the beginning area.
    Look, he did it again.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

My poor friend wastes all his free time beta testing.

*tsk tsk*

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Abdur- What kind of connection do you have? I ask because the entire game is streaming. No need to wait for patches. That, and you could have reported it as a bug.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

I use high speed cable, but I realised today it's more or less my comp, as the WoW installation for the beta ended up freezing my comp as well.

Heh, yet another can that I have to take out back and mutilate with an axe or put down with a gun.

I'm this -- close to getting a mac.
    Look, he did it again.

So happily unsatisfied

My college's weekly paper came with free promotional disks in them. They seems to have comtained the client that one would download and install to play those special events they've been having. Anyway, since I'm lazy, I didn't get around to opening the think until early-mid November (Yeah, so basically a couple of days ago). The CD also had some screenshots from the game, and they blew me away, however I figured they were probably from FMVs or something because they looked too good. Any comments on the graphics for this game? And also, what exactly is the difference between Guild Wars and Everquest?

The shots from Guildwars are most likely actual gameplay, which is what surprises most people when they see them for the first time.

Guild Wars will be free to play once you buy the game, will most likely have expansions released online that you auto-download, as well as new content. It doesn't have as many classes as EQII, and I think it only has humans as a race, instead of EQII's roster.
    Look, he did it again.

Thanks to a few friends, I was able to play the beta on the Halloween weekend, I got my pre-order copy a few days after the beta test for November, but I'll definitely be there in December's beta.

This game is a huge hit for most of my friends, and I'm liking how it plays, especially on my dial-up connection.
    I'm still around.