Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here are my thoughts...

1.) Hardware doesn't handle it? well that may be the case...but in my opinion...i think if they wanted to...it could happen. the graphics don't look like anything ps2 hasn't and wouldn't be able to handle...and the memory for online play...if dc did it..i def think ps2 could.

2.) Hacking...much more availble to the ps2 than any other console. No cheating device has come to the XBox yet...and trying using minidiscs for cube really elimnates people making their own shiznit to hex data within games on that system. ps2 allready has a codebreaker and gameshark. so seems easy to hack...leaving sega with less workof ridding hackers away.,..

any other suggestions? i mean..i'd love to see pso on the PS2 just because it is my favorite system. i'm just trying to see why it isn't their. oh well

Sonic Team just doesn't like the Playstation 2.

PSO Assassin

This was from an interview prior to the release of PSO

February, 2001

Q: PSO is the first rpg to break "language barriers". Will you break the "console barriers" in the near future?

A: Its difficult to predict whether the translator can be ported to any other system. PSO in its actual shape would never run on any other hardware, even on the PC! We are playing constantly with the V Sync [chip].....so it may never work on the PCs. And if youre talking about the newest consoles, like Sony's [PS2], it will never run: no chance. Maybe on an Xbox or Gamecube. Maybe.

Considering how hard it has been to break the language barrier, only one platform could do it: Dreamcast. Breaking through the hardware wall may represent a marketing advantage, but I dont see any merit in that. When you develop a game for different platforms, you must base your work around the system that is the weakest or least evolved. So if you wanted to make the game run on both Dreamcast and the PS2, you can never get the same result for either. The project would then become a very cheap looking game.

Most of this info is a bit obsolete but it somewhat relates to this topic

Oh yes and what Phalanx said...ST doesnt like the PS2

On 2002-07-07 12:17, TeamPhalanx wrote:
    Sonic Team just doesn't like the Playstation 2.
    That basically sums it up right there. Nothing else to say really. So why am I posting?! Just to reinforce what TP already said.

A Good Read >>>

Sonyweb stupidly posted/misinterpreted the statement of a "multiplatform for the Phantasy Star Online games", which only means more than one console (which it is). It has alot to do with Sonic Team not liking the PS2, for reasons no on really knows.

Here is what Sega said on the subject, just to clear things up for those who don't know (this is a recent interview, not Feb 2001):

In Phantasy Star Online related news, they mentioned that the lack of a fee collection system was one of the reasons why the PlayStation 2 wouldn't be getting a version of Sonic Team's hit online RPG. Sega also announced that a version of the game for release in China was in the works, though they were unsure of which platform it would be for.

Developers say that the GameCube and Xbox are relatively easy to program for when compared to the PS2.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

On 2002-07-07 15:22, Kent wrote:
    Developers say that the GameCube and Xbox are relatively easy to program for when compared to the PS2.
    that is very true. the gamecube being the easiest with the xbox following insanly close behind. the xbox is just like programming for an ultra low end pc.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Why do people still bring this back? it showed on the last topic half of the people who answerd dont like Ps2, why bother bringin this back?

On 2002-07-10 16:19, blue-hawk wrote:
    On 2002-07-07 15:22, Kent wrote:
    that is very true. the gamecube being the easiest with the xbox following insanly close behind. the xbox is just like programming for an ultra low end pc.
    Actually the xbox is the easiest to program for. It Supports C++ OOP style languages. It is like programming for any PC not necessarly like a lowend one. Anyone that can make a game (most people learn C++ in school) can program for the xbox with little training. I don't know how it could be eaiser on the GC.

Ok Well. If it's so easy prgramming for GC. How come the still havn't shown me a really good original game =). jw ...Oh and if you give me eternal darkness...sorry Devil May Cry, GTA3, and even Chrono Trigger outdoes it's horriffic gameplay.