Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okies, now to the point of this thread!

I don't know what colour cardstock to do this on! (Yes, it's going to be coloured pencil on cardstock...) I want to use either black, blue or red, but I can't decide which. He is wearing the black outfit with the blue and red trims/whatever.

He is going to be casting a technique at some point, and I don't know whether to do Gizonde or Gibarta...

Any input would be much appreciated!

Also, is anyone interested in me using this as a process picture? I did one once before, but I'm not quite sure if people liked that or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2004-12-13 16:29 ]</font>

Blue, I think. Or maybe black. Hard to decide.

It's fun to see how people work, do it as a process.

And... Can I steal him and add him to my FOmar collection? >.>

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

i think blue should compliment the technique and the majority of his costume's color

"QUICK, CHANGE ZE CHANNEL!!"

Ian, it's funny you should ask that, because I am seriously considering giving him a Rati...

I still don't know which tech I'm going to do... My initial instinct for this picture was "gizonde"... Oddly, that was inspired by the fleece where I work (I work at a fabric store). The fleece makes my long hair very static-y and it sticks up funny, and I thought, ooh, that would be a spiffy piccie.

But now I'm not so sure, because I think Gibarta or Rabarta might suit the character better.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

i agree with -z, blue would compliment everything nicely.

Asha'man extroidinare and Blademaster AKA Teh EkwE

Don't color it....or do you have one of those giant 64 piece pencil sets...if so do gifoie it would contrast nice with either the black or blue of the costume.....and fire has so many colors in it. That would allow you get the yellow reds and blues of the fire. Theres only so much you could do with 7 variations of blue should you chose to do gibarta. If you don't have a giant coloring pencil set just shade it. Any thing can look beautiful if you shade it right.

I could also shade the sketch, if you'd like to see it that way. The problem with doing fire on a blue background, though, is that it's going to have a green tinge. It's okay if lightning has a greenish tinge, but not fire. Then it would be copper fire, which is just weird. The fire would have seemed too dull on red paper, and yellows and oranges just show up funky on black most of the time, which is why I had ruled out Gifoie. Besides, a tech like that is never very subdued, and I wanted the technique and the caster to have equal prominence.

Thanks for sharing your opinions, though!

I should have an updated version of this soon - I've been working on it during my lunch breaks at work.

Okay, here's what I've done so far...

My scanner murdered the colours. *pouts*

... I think I made his eyes too big. He doesn't look as creepy as he did in the sketch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2004-12-13 16:28 ]</font>

jack of all trades, master of none

wat brand of coloured pencils are u using if i may ask? i love my prismacolors, and from what uve done so far, they pencils look fairly soft, rather like prismas. anywho just curious, and it looks fab so far

Yes, I use Prismacolor pencils (and markers, whenever I use markers)... I'm perfectly happy with a set of Crayolas though. It's just that people continually insist on buying me more Prismas... As if three sets isn't enough... O.o

Sadly, though, I haven't had much time to work on this, what with work and running back and forth between my home and where I stay for school/work...