View Poll Results: Which do you thank is better?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSO

14 82.35%
  • Final Fantasy XI

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which do you thank is better?

Rappy Hunter

PSO is the better of the two. Cus the battle system of FFXI really sucks.

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

It's a tossup for me. PSO would be better - but there's cheaters. FFXI would be worse, but it's a clean and vibrant gaming community.

FFXI is kind of "PSO"ed.. by the fact that you can't really free-roam many areas like in most MMORPGs. You have "Areas" that you go to, which have definate boarders, and loading times between them. These areas are also highly restricted in where you can go. That's a big negetive for me.. as I was sick of those kind of limitations in PSO.

PSO's combat system is much better.. but at the same time.. the combat scenarios are pretty weak and very repetitive. At least in FFXI, you have the SkillChain system, and need to adjust your playstyle as you gain in levels and abilities. However.. you cannot solo past about lvl 10. In PSO, you always at least have the option to solo when noone else is on.

All in all, I'd say the games are about equal. PSO being a great game, made unplayable by the users.. and FFXI being a unbearable game which is attractive because of it's userbase.

unfortunately, FFXI. 1.Better graphics 2.Longer 3.Better story.(story...exists more) I mean...episode I&II, even together are really short.

I have been playing pso for the last two years and I was thinking about getting final fantasy XI to add to my collection and for the online experience on that game. Unfortunatly I can't play both pso and final fantasy XI at the same time because I'm cheap. I'm using this poll to see which game is better in other peoples opinions. In my opinion pso is better mainly because I never played ffXI. What I really want to know is if its really worth $100+ (PS2)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician4 on 2004-12-15 06:42 ]</font>

On 2004-12-13 15:03, Split wrote:
    I mean...episode I&II, even together are really short.
    *looks at timer* 5700 hours, yeah, PSO is short, indeed.

I find the FFXI character design awful, that alone puts me off, even if I had no other reasons.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

PSO never really ends. Although, then again, I guess that can be said for any MMORPG (Although PSO is really, the only one I've played).

The story in PSO is very existant. For Episode 1, it's in the quests. In Episode 2, it's... well, I don't know how you COULDN'T find it. But it's an excellent story, IMO.

I haven't played nearly as long as Kef (I think if I put all the hours of my characters together, I might be just over 1000-1500), but I've never played a game for this long without getting bored of it really. Most other games just don't interest me.

But you can't really classify PSO as a MMORPG anymore than Halo 2 is a MMOFPS. Just because you can hook up with other players online in the limited space and all that, just doesn't classify when you compare it to actual MMORPG's.

Of the two, I dunno. I've never played FFXI, bought it, just never bothered to install it and play, prolly never will. PSO in all it's incarnations which only had subtle improvements over the last kept me at it for a handful of years, and I'm sure if I had a keyboard for my GC I'd still be playing, or if I ever bothered to get the X-box version and play it online and get passed all the annoying younger players, I'd enjoy it as well, but nooope. But I'd say it stands out more than FFXI to me, only because it's what I had played since it was released.

In short. PSO > FFXI
    Look, he did it again.

On 2004-12-15 09:28, Kef wrote:
    *looks at timer* 5700 hours, yeah, PSO is short, indeed.
    If I went off and played Viewtiful Joe for 6,000 hours, does that mean the game is longer?

The only time ANY game ever ends is when you hit the Off button.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2004-12-15 15:07, GreyPhantasm wrote:
    If I went off and played Viewtiful Joe for 6,000 hours, does that mean the game is longer?
    The question is, would you want to play Viewtiful Joe for 6000 hours?