A week ago I was really sick and in our band we had a dreaded chair test. If you dont know how chair tests work its like this, chairs are like ranks 1st is the best and it get lower for each chair. Now before the chair test I was 2nd chair and now after i took the test at a big disadvantage due to my stuffy nose and strep throat that was just recovering i'm 4th freakkin CHAIR. 4th because my nose and throat was jacked and i couldnt reach my high notes. Now i kinda care cuz i'm 4th chair but whats pissin me off big time is the way everyones handeling it. I'm gettin laughed at and getin comments like "Finally he loses his chair" or "bOUT TIME your reign of Tyranny is over." and funny thing is, I never use to brag about my chair, I never use to even bring up me having 2nd chair i was cool and content and i use to actually encourage those bastards to never give up and try hard and now i get spat on. I had a friend (x-friend now) who had 3rd chair and i know he kinda use to hate playing 2nd part music(music is divided into parts 1st part usually has the melody a lot, if theirs a melody for that instruments part, and it usually has higher notes and complicated variations of notes and note patterns, 2nd part usually have 1st parts notes but lowered an octave and easier note patterns and so on and so on for 3rd and 4th and even 5th parts) so i let him play along with me on my 1st part music and i even let him play my solos, like my solo in the lil drummer boy and silent night.(we played those tunes for our christmas concert) So anyways i was nice to him and i helped him out, gave him valve oil, encouraged him and then when i get a chair lower than him he starts pokin fun at me about it saying stuff like finally you lose your chair and saying he owns me now. I mean i'm the most outgoing and funniest person in the band and i think everyone knew i was comming close to being section leader and or drum major so i think there was a bit of fear in my rivals hearts. But i never did anything to make rivals or enemies. So all of you ppl in my band mostly people in my trumpet section screw yall up the ass, fluk you and yalls pta brownnosing mamas yall can kiss my ass and lick it, JEALOUS SoN OF A SKANK hating bitches, FLUK YALLL I HATED THE BAND ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(weee, i feel so much better now)

Hit them with the trumpet.

So happily unsatisfied

Hey 4th chair is pretty impressive for your situation. That's like stuffing your nostrils with cotton and then putting a leech at the back of your tougue. Unless of course there are only 5 people in your section >_>

I was in band waaaaaaay back in the 6th grade (after one semester it was easy to quit), and for the majority of the semester I was first chair sax. The kid in 4th chair challenged me once and he won. It didn't seem right to me, I clearly heard him pause and screw up a lot. After Mr. Shithead said he won was in disbelief and so was the rest of the class (honestly, you should've seen the WTF expressions on their faces). What pissed me off even more was that the teacher demoted me to last chair when he found out I was moving. I still had 3 weeks left and there was no reason he had to do that.

Yep, some teachers suck ass.

You could have refused to take the damned test untill you were better, thats what I would have done anyways. Now I dont know much about band, but it all seems very similar to orchestra as far as the ranking goes. So I can relate to the whole monkey system and its flaws.

But I had a cool teacher, and was far better than everyone in my class, so I guess that doesn't place me in the same boat your in.

What to do now? Keep playing, only, keep playing so much better than those in the higher chairs so you can put them to shame. People who are where they dont belong stand out, ~.^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-12-24 06:36 ]</font>