Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

***UPDATED: 1/12/05***

Yes, we are STILL waiting on Gamespy to help us patch things up on the site. They have apparently isolated the problem, so hopefully there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel (better known as the last four months!).

In the meantime, I have made some more temporary fixes to miscellaneous parts of the site. Here is a list of recent updates:

• Added 1/12/05: GUIDE IMAGES FIXED - Okay... I just finished testing out some temporary coding and theoretically, the images in EVERY guide should now be loading correctly. I'm not 100% on that at the moment, as there are too many too look through If you find a guide that still has broken images, please private message the URL to me so I can research it and find out why.

• Added 1/12/05: Fixed images in main poll on the front page, and polls created in the forums. Those lovely red bars are back now.

• Added 1/12/05: Fixed the images in the Fan Art section.

• Added 1/12/05: Fixed the FULL SIZE images in the items sections (and other sections of the site). Now, clicking on the thumbnails will properly load the full image.

• Added 1/12/05: Fixed images in the Screenshots area of the site.

• Added 1/12/05:New PSOW Showdown added, with working images! - Okay, not really a crucial fix, but it's one more small thing to help pass the time.

• Added 1/12/05: Images fixed on the private messaging pages & the preview function was changed to correctly show line breaks while previewing a private message (suggestion courtesy of Prof_Frink ).

• Added 1/12/05: Forum search query adjusted to correctly show the "Next 20" search results, instead of the last 20 posts made to the message board (another Prof_Frink suggestion)

• Additional fixes made to the Blue-Steel theme. To view the site as best as possible, this is the theme to use. Most layout-related images are now correctly loading with this theme. However, we are aware of a problem which is preventing people from updating their account settings (which would prevent theme changing) and are trying to find a solution.

• Additional fixes made to the Message Boards. User avatars are now BACK, along with private message icons and a few other miscellaneous images. Almost all message board images and icons are now functioning properly.

• Items Database fixes. Some of the images in the items database have been fixed, including item thumbnails (this includes Episode 3 cards). Full-size images, however, are still NOT functional.

• Guides Database fixes. Some images in the guides sections have been temporarily fixed. Unfortunately, most images inside the actual guides are still not functional. Due to the size of the guides database, we may be waiting on Gamespy for this to get fixed.

• Your Account Settings fixes. Some of the images under Your Account Settings have been fixed, including avatar thumbnails. Preview images for themes and headers are still not fully functional. As mentioned above, we are looking for a solution to the account settings update issue.

• Miscellaneous icons and placeholders. Some additions fixes have been made to various icons (print icons, etc.) throughout the site. Also, some invisible images used as placeholders have been fixed to load correctly, which should speed up page loading (best results when using the Blue-Steel theme).

• PSOW Team Center images fixed. Most of the images in the Team Center have been fixed and things appear to be functioning properly!

• Forum Search has been temporarily re-enabled. This change may or may not stay, and is only back up for testing purposes.

• Added 5:52PM EST - All of the images on pages linked to under the "Site Navigation" menu have been fixed. This includes the informational pages on PSOBB, PSOPlus, and Episode 3.

Okay, now for a list of things that are still broken, which we are aware of and working to fix:

• Comment features are broken on news articles, polls, etc.. Quite possible these won't get fixed until Gamespy makes corrections to the server. We'll keep looking into possible temporary fixes though.

• Broken Images Everywhere! Yeah, I know... it's a bit obvious. Our primary concern now is getting guides 100% functional again. Because there are so many, it's not going to be an easy task. If Gamespy does not patch this up soon, we'll find a way to fix them. If you find a page where broken images are hindering its use, let us know by replying to this thread or sending me a PM and I'll see if we can fix it

• Updating account settings. Just made a bunch of changes and nothing saved? We're aware of it and looking for a solution. Possibly another problem that can only be fixed by Gamespy, so hang in there!

If anyone finds any other problems that we might not be aware of, please post your findings here and we'll try to look into each of them. Thanks for your patience and we'll try to get things up and running again ASAP!!!

-Tomeeboy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2005-01-12 14:19 ]</font>

OMG! WTF! It's tomeeboy!!!

Thanks for the update and welcome back.

Thank you, you're doing an awesome job.

The avatars are back, yay

tommyyyyy, be quiet, shuuush, if you keep fixing stuff, people would never believe the conspiracy theories.

On 2005-01-10 16:44, LollipopLolita wrote:

the conspiracy theories.
    and if ya keep talkig about them soo much, people are gonna solve them

I'm close to solving

I don't see how fixing some images would discredit the rumor that I'm an alien sent here to turn PSO fans into an invasion force of zombie gamers...

well now you've gone done exposed our ebil secrets

Yay, avatars! Great job guys, PSOW is starting to heal up! ^_^

Woo hoo, avatars are back. So cute! ^_^

Keep up the good work guys, it's getting better and better every day.

Whoohoo! And Lolli is back! Now we can go ahead with our plan to overthrow eRUPT and replace him with a block of swiss cheese!

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.