Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Arch Duke of Grassington
    In Monitor Room, plotting my EVIL schemes!

This weekend I had a couple of friends over, we are all pretty new to the game & we had just fought our way all through hard mode, no problem, it was easy & we all found some special items. So after slaughtering Dragon, De Rol La, Vol Opt, & Gal Grifon without lifting a finger we were all pretty confident we could take on dark falz.
    At that point i was FOnewearl lvl 39 using sting tip, my friends were a HUcast lvl 35 with Double Sabre & a RAcast with a beam. We got through his first & second forms easily, barely even scrated, so i heal everyone up, shita & deband ready for the third form & WTF he kills us all in 30 seconds... His grants killed 2 of my teammate so i ran up to revive them & i did it. We manage to shoot him up a bit but im the only one who can hurt him, doing only 160 damage with grants, half what i was doing before. Then he blast us with grants agains, kill me & the RAcast, so the HUcast runs up to heal us & he gets hit with a flailing arm & killed. What could happen to make us killing machines one minute them little ants the next? What wen't wrong? Why is Dark Falz third form so powerful! How can we beat him?

Well one thing you can do is wait for him to stop being white in color, he's invincible at that time. Wait for him to turn dark blue and do NOT attack him when he is holding you or one of your friends souls, it'll kill ya
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

3rd boss is vol opt, not gal gryphon, unless you ar'ed >.>
    if falz's grants kill ya, get resist saint units for.. resistance <.<
    read on the guides, 3rd from is weak vs fire.. so spam foie to your liking
    the hu & ra should use long range weps, preferably with fire element when the shield is up
    there are more.. but i'll let others fill 'em in
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

On 2005-01-16 16:17, Dhylec wrote:
    3rd boss is vol opt, not gal gryphon, unless you ar'ed >.>
    if falz's grants kill ya, get resist saint units for.. resistance <.<
    read on the guides, 3rd from is weak vs fire.. so spam foie to your liking
    the hu & ra should use long range weps, preferably with fire element when the shield is up
    there are more.. but i'll let others fill 'em in
    Or they could have done a CCA run then ran back to ep1 =3 if you notice he mentions Vol Opt then Gal.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

PhotonDrop wrote:
    Or they could have done a CCA run then ran back to ep1 =3 if you notice he mentions Vol Opt then Gal.
    could be~
    but, that's 1 heck of a jump.. ep1 then switch to 2 just for gryphon, survived, then back to falz.. yet still got owned? =|
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

When he does the soul thing....keep hittign him till you have low hp and then heal and attack again...just like the other 1 said use foie since that is the strongest 1( 2 hits TP is almost even to 1 rafoie attack and does more damage)

soul thing...let 1 hit him and just stop at the time ure low on hp... heal and attack him do this a couple of times and you own him

Arch Duke of Grassington
    In Monitor Room, plotting my EVIL schemes!

Yes, we did jump from mines to CCA to fight gal gryphon because we all wanted to go on seabed, which i couldnt be bothered getting yet, but after we decided to beat falz first, little did we know how powerful he was.

I think i might have been responsible for at least one of my friends deaths though, oops, stupid grants. We all decided to level up to 45 then take him on again & own him with fire attacks now, it will just be another few months before we get to play together again...

Anyway, thanks for the help.

The Angels Demon

Actually, he's not invincible when he's in his crystal-ish state. The only thing that'll hurt him then are techs or attacks whos specials are tech based. In my opinion, I wouldn't even try hurting him when he steals anybody's soul, strictly because most people don't really pay attention or that one last hit could be a monstrous critical that could take out that souless teammate. Just wait till he gets fed up with it and gives it back.

My strategy is to attack him as much as possible. I like to use Mechguns (L&K14 Combats for me) and then use a handgun or rifle for long range attacks. When he floats up to the highest level, keep running around in a circle, I've always been able to dodge his megid attacks that way. After he casts Grants, quickly pound the button to cast Resta the second you get up or give yourself a good mate, that way, you might be able to withstand his arm swing.

I use these to get by really easy:

2 Metal/Body (Or God/Body)
    2 Holy/Resist

I seem to get through his attacks this way and have never had a problem defeating him, even during the countless times I did fight him on Ultimate when I was still at level 75.

Good luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2005-01-17 14:29 ]</font>

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

On 2005-01-17 14:27, KveerRaven wrote:
    2 Holy/Resist
    Defense doesn't affect Dark Falz's attacks.

The Angels Demon

On 2005-01-17 18:06, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
    On 2005-01-17 14:27, KveerRaven wrote:
    2 Holy/Resist
    Defense doesn't affect Dark Falz's attacks.
    Although that may be true, I've experimented and found that without them, she takes me out with one hit from her arm slash. Once I've put those on, I still have about 20% HP left. So, maybe it does effect it in a small sort of way. You can argue this however you want, I simply don't care. He asked for help, I gave him some suggestions that have always worked for me. The topic wasn't about making others wrong and although you may be right, like I said, I experimented with this, and its worked for me. End post.....