Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No! No! No! Don't remove Section IDs! The game is much more interesting with. In fact. add more section IDs and while you're at it add more weapons only available to certain section IDs.

Why bother trading with other players if everyone can get the same rare weapon. I find it more interesteng when I encounter a player with a weapon I've never seen before.

I'd even go further with it. Mag evolution is effected by your Section ID, (A & B). But how about splitting into A, B, C, and D? So many possibilities.

How about making Section IDs determine how a dungeon is randomly contructed w/ monsters. Have each section ID have it's own unique boss monster? That would encourage online gaming more.

Bottom line is, there are just so many things Section IDs could be. Without it, it would get boring after awhile.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: EvilEd on 2001-02-22 13:09 ]</font>

Storage space definitely needs to be changed. Currently, the limitations on how many items you can carry are based on the size of the VMU save. If they would increase the save size, they could increase the amount of items you could carry. I think the amount of items you are allowed should be based on your level. As you get to a higher level, you can carry more. Also, how much you can carry could be based on your characters strength. A strong character can carry more than a weak character. However, since force characters are weaker, they should be able to carry "magic" bags that can store heavy item and negate the weight factor. Then, you could have one or two bags in your inventory, and each bag could carry multiple items.

Hmm... Section ID's should be kept but they need a massive revamp. Having it arranged such that you can't get everything with one character is a good idea, but the fact that certain weapon types etc. can be almost completely lacking simply due to the name you chose can be really irritating. Online, it's mildly annoying, but if you can play offline only...

Imagine having a 50+ hour hunter, and finding out that he'll be finding lots and lots of rare force weapons...(I'm a tad annoyed at this myself... my Ranger gets almost nothing but melee type weapons, which are nothing more than a cash supply to me *sigh*)

So, have the section ID's influence things, but let the class of the characte rinfluence it as well... to make certain you get stuff you actually can use(not everything you can use, and not necesarily the best stuff you can use, but at least something rare and usefull)

Spy, I don't know where u get off claiming server side saves is BS. I'm not sure if u ever played the original Diablo online but that just became ridiculous because of client-side saving (cheating). Eventually everyone caught on to the cheating and they all had the same gear near infinite money, etc. etc. It just took the fun out of the game. Anyways, I believe server side is where it is at. I have been playing Diablo II for a long time now and I feel the server side saving is much better than client side. Sure, you still have your share of cheaters in packet sniffing (patched!) and duping (legend or fact?). Yet, there are no instantaneous lvl 100 characters (99 in D2). Also, a server-side save would prevent alot of item losses, etc. Anyways, thats my take on subject. See ya in Puck 09!

Ambrai should be working for Sega on PSO2

Ok...
    One I never said server side exclusive. You can still have online and offline play with with server side exclusive. Just do what diablo2 did. If you don't want server side exclusive then play on a regular seganet server, this character could also be played offline and brought online to a regular seganet server. Then you can also have specific server side servers, which characters can only be played online.

They will have to implament this some time anyways, seganet will be going on even no the dreamcast won't... Seganet is going to be multiplatform, probably PS2 and XBOX.

I agree with other points made about how to make the game better. We need to be more involved, like some sort of skill system. Mags need to have more options and need to do more for us. For me, my mag only cast things on me like heal, buffs, or invuln when:
    -I get a full photon bar
    -Encounter a boss
    -Almost at death, but still have to wait between 3-5 seconds at almost at death for it to cast anything on me... which most of the time I can't do that or I'll die, only time i can is when i just cleared out a spawn and I'm almost dead.

-Another key thing that needs to be implamented in PSO2. Is that all special items shouldn't be more powerful then all rare regular items. I will refer to diablo2 here but the names shouldn't be the same. Anyways in PSO2 there should be items like UNIQUES(Basically special items), and there should be RARES. Now there are rares in PSO but they are just slighty different versions of regular items in the game. There needs to be rares that can have special properties, maybe boosts stats more then a weapon of same type does. Cast stuff, perhaps cast stuff as it his instead of being a special attack...

-Would also like to see more hotkeyable things. 6 slots is not enough. And the photon blast needs to be on a different hotkey then Right button. I have countless number of times cast a photon blast bye mistake when i was tryign to access somethign like a heal on Right button.

-Anyways the list goes on and on....

One last thing, does anyone no if any of the makers of PSO visit these boards? Or do we know a way to get our ideas in there hands?

Server Side saving is definitely needed, of course. Saved Diablo II from becoming as lame as Diablo I was in the end. I swear, I quit playing Diablo I when I was town-killed for the first time.
    -I do believe there should be a real trade system in here. The lack of a trade system makes it more prolific for thieves to practice their shady selfish trade and infuriate decent honest players.
    -I think the guild card system should be fleshed out a bit more. Would be cool to have a real e-mail system on there instead of the simple mail but I don't know how feasible that would be. Also, I totally hated the sudden loss of all of my guild cards at random times. What could possibly cause this? It would be very frustrating trying to get in contact with these people the way the lobby system is set up without the guild card. if there was a way to do a search, or see a list of names of people who are on each server, that would be nice. Something must also be done about the Display of names in the chatroom. if people are close together in your line of site, the names overlap and are hard to distinguish. Of course these are absolutely trivial things, and there are more important issues to worry about, such as cheating and gameplay issues.
    -I tooootally agree to having more slots. I think that the left trigger being used as the "reset view" option is a total waste of a valuable button. I agree that the "hold both triggers to reset view" thing would be most appropriate. also, that could be a way to cast the photon blasts as well. Just press both of the triggers and then the appropriate button and there you go. Who cares if it resets your view. Are you really concerned on where the camera is pointed when you cast your photon blast?
    -I'm not totally sure if it's done in PSO, but I think ATA should affect how easily you lock onto things. It's a downright pain as it is right now, being aimed slightly askew from your target and a slight nudge may face you in the wrong way, and still not get a lock on. I also have problems locking on to mines when using the Diska type swords. It locks on, then when I attack, the lock disappears. and why can't we attack the mines with our other weapons besdies projectiles and spells? Ah well, minor quibble really.
    -I'll say it again (even though it's been beaten to death)...unique still systems for each individual class/race.
    -Touching on the camera thing again, why not give us the option of locking the camera directly behind us? Sure it would change up character movement a bit but some players might like it like this.
    -I pretty much figure that PSO2 will be of the "Diablo" grain of multiplayer RPG, but wouldn't it be nice for there to be a full fledged MMORPG based in the Phantasy Star world? There are so many ideas rushing into my head that I don't really have the room to put it in this thread.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Ok folks I have a question...We are all making comments on how PSO2 should be done...but is anyone submitting this info to Sonic Team? We should inform them if noone is. I am sure that some of the great ideas that I read would be added. If need be I will submit them myself if someone gets a list together..

Well a few things-

many of these are obvious points to anyone with EQ and Diablo2 experience.. it's a worthy submittal refined, but lets look what they did right and why some things might have been decided-

protection actually was pretty good. codes didn't get hacked till later, rares can't be hacked, and jumping to 100 characters really knocks out the fun of a cheat (50-60 I could see.. 100? most retire then lol).

duping didn't work at all, though unfortunately one workaround seems to have slipped but it's a bit roundabout (no I won't discuss it), non-trivial, and IMO inherently a bit risky.

server side saving, even at 30 seconds or 1 minute time still doesn't work.. no offline. Even if you wanted that, lets talk of lag addition.. any of you play realm servers with D2? And compare to open? D2 is a lag beast with a modem on a realm server.. period. If you do some mix of offline/server saving gameshark can still slip in. If you go all online and aren't regular enough what stops me from logging off right after I drop my rares (last save I had them - disconnect) meanwhile a buddy picks them up and saves normally? The easiest dupping you'll find.

It isn't trivial gang. You want offline and online in tandem. You want cheats stopped. You want lag free play on a modem. You want perfection in the first or second online console rpg to grace the market. Personally I'll buy PSO2 if saving is *exactly the same way*. PSO is an addictive game, and I'd rather see more class/races, levels, and custom slots then this whole ball of wax tweaked so now complaints will shift elsewher, with cries of 'too much lag', 'why can't I use my offline character' or 'could duping/cheating be any easier?'

In some ways I agree with the people who suggested they've done too much already. I've had to restart my character.. which crushes *my personal* enjoyment more.. losing a character I've lovingly grown up and customized, or the fact KewlD00d93285 can dupe is rare and trade it?

I'd like to see a real trading system (Diablo2 or EQ are fine examples) and added security, no question. But boy this has got game as is, and I'd rather have more game, then all the time for improvements focused on stopping trouble cheaters and thieves.. one can avoid a bit of the latter, but one is restrained to the classes/races/levels of the former.