Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Old Man

The other day I'm playing my Fonewearl (144) and I'm using a safety heart that a friend gave me a long time ago. As I'm playing, one of the other guys questions where I got the Invisible Guard to make the safety heart.

"I didn't," I told him. "A friend gave this to me a long time ago and I've held it in storage until I could use it on my Fonewearl."

"Then it's not legit," he said. "Hell, I don't know," I said. "It's awesome, I know that."

So, I started looking into creating a "legit" version of the unit and I can't find a drop rate for the invisible guard.

Invisible Guard, according to the guides, drops in normal mode on Purplenum, Redria, Skyly, Viridia and Yellowboze off of Dark Gunners and in Redria off of Chaos Bringers.

Does anyone know the drop rates and where one would best spend their time to actually hunt one down?

Thanks.

PSOW's Item Database entry for this item states the drop rate:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...ticle&artid=63

Viridia, Skyly, Purplenum, Pinkal, Redria, Yellowboze: Normal Ruins: Dark Gunner 1/7448

Although heyf00L's guide says 1/7447.

I personally dont think it's worth hunting...

Fashion item, it's worth it and it's not bad either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cryo_ on 2005-03-01 13:07 ]</font>

Old Man

The invisible guard may not be worth it, but that safety heart sure is - with it on, my Fonewearl can stand in many areas with minimal, if any, damage. And a Fonewearl with a Safety Heart, Love Heart and pink/red Sato with a little red outfit and red hair looks very cute. Throw in the Scorceror's Cane or Demonic Fork for good measure and she's right on.

Thanks for the update on the drop rate. Now, I went back and checked and the normal Chaos Bringer on normal Redria supposedly drops the invisible guard as well - is that incorrect? It doesn't show up on the item database drop rate and according to HeyFool's chart, the bringer only drops a trimate.

That might make Redria the best id to hunt it on with two enemies that drop it. There would also be a chance on getting a Sacred Guard (Bulclaw), a Delsaber' right arm and the red barrier/red amplifier combination.

Now there are 18 Dark Gunners and 12 Chaos Bringer in online Endless Nightmare 4 and there are 20 Dark Gunners and 2 Chaos Bringers on Seek my Master offline. So, if Chaos Bringer drops Invisible Guard, I should hunt it online. But, if Chaos Bringers does not drop it, I should hunt the gunner in offline.

I'm going with HeyFool's chart and figuring the Bringer only drops lousy trimates. Now, timewise, are the 18 gunners in EN4 more economical than the scattered 20 in SmM?

Either way you look at it, we're talking about 372+ runs on normal ruins for an average drop rate - wow - anyone got a j-sword they need unsealed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-01 13:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-01 14:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-01 14:46 ]</font>

On 2005-03-01 12:54, SJ wrote:
    I personally dont think it's worth hunting...

I'm also currently hunting an Invisible Guard to make Safety Heart for my FOnewearl. However, I'm using the quest From the Depths to do my hunts (Ruins 2 only, since Ruins 3 only has 4 additional Gunners). It only has 13 Dark Gunners in Ruins 2 (9 if you exclude the Death Gunners), but you can get to them relatively quickly, where in EN4 and SmM you have to go through quite a bit of the quest to get to all the Gunners (EN4 can't even be soloed unless you use the pipe through doors trick, which makes it even more unpractical). I can usually do a complete run in about 5-7 minutes (depending on how distracted I get while playing the quest ).

Old Man

I'm beginning to get the idea that this will be damn hard.

Thanks for the tip and happy hunting yourself.

On 2005-03-01 17:05, Ayala wrote:
    (EN4 can't even be soloed unless you use the pipe through doors trick, which makes it even more unpractical).
    pipe through doors trick?

please enlighten me!