Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cannot find DHCP... (It haunts me!)

As we all know, PSOBB will feature server side saving to prevent people from messing with their character and item data. Does this mean that we will be able to play PSOBB completely legit, without having to worry if an item is hacked or duped ever again? Probably not, but you never know. Is PSOBB cheat proof? Or will cheaters, like always, find a way to get through?

It's not cheatproof, there's evidence of that. But it's MUCH harder to do now, and there are only three people in the entire community who know how to. Two have left, and the other doesn't use his skills to harm others, only to have fun in solo mode.

Well, according to the front page of the site, ST is taking action against people like that. Report him.

It looks like they're going to look at people's accounts and go after the ACTUAL person for legal infractions.

So yeah, if you think you're going to cheat up BB, I would stop. I think ST is getting tired of losing money on your asses.

All of the computer knowledge in the world doesn't put you above the law. They still have your credit card number and your real name, and they will come after you.

I'm sure glad that everyone in the world doesn't use their talents to harm others. It's funny how the only people that do such things are the ones who don't have to look you in the face. They're seperated by thousands of miles.

Well, you're gonna get yours now. Leave our games alone. Go use your talents with computers and hacking to do something constructive.

On 2005-03-10 01:53, RedSchwar wrote:

So yeah, if you think you're going to cheat up BB, I would stop. I think ST is getting tired of losing money on your asses.
    you address all cheaters, but yet you seem to think that all cheaters cause PSO to lose members
    All of the computer knowledge in the world doesn't put you above the law. They still have your credit card number and your real name, and they will come after you.
    well, i think that everyone already knows that, and i dont really see them taking legal action against cheaters.... what are they gonna say in court ST:"They were cheating on our game!" chorus of jury: *gasp* "No not CHEATING!" defendant: "GUILTY! oh no, you caught me! what now jail? pah! technically, i'd think it would be funny to be taken to court for cheating, ST would say that and i would burst out laughing.
    I'm sure glad that everyone in the world doesn't use their talents to harm others. It's funny how the only people that do such things are the ones who don't have to look you in the face. They're seperated by thousands of miles.
    but yet most players are in japan and the U.S. ... so now you say that the cheaters are either japanese or english?
    Well, you're gonna get yours now. Leave our games alone. Go use your talents with computers and hacking to do something constructive.
    and what do you mean by constructive? like creating computer viruses that cause real harm like causing a harddrive to wreck and not something small like cheating? wouldn't you rather them to cheat than to be making computer viruses that are currently undetectable?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jess16241 on 2005-03-10 14:53 ]</font>

GO TO HELL C:

If they did take it to court it would be for violating the Terms of Service, not "cheating", you fail

Batteries Not Included

On 2005-03-10 16:19, Saiffwin wrote:
    If they did take it to court it would be for violating the Terms of Service, not "cheating", you fail
    Indeed. It's not a matter of you cheating, it's a matter of you agreeing and obeying the terms of service. If you break the ToS, you should and hopefully now will get punished for not following the rules.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucasts_rock on 2005-03-10 16:58 ]</font>

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2005-03-10 16:55, hucasts_rock wrote:
    On 2005-03-10 16:19, Saiffwin wrote:
    Indeed. It's not a matter of you cheating, it's a matter of you agreeing and obeying the terms of service. If you break the ToS, you should and hopefully now will get punished for not following the rules.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucasts_rock on 2005-03-10 16:58 ]</font>
    Word up.

The creators set up rules, and if you willfully break said rules, you should expect some sort of punishment.

Jess, it may not seem that big of a deal to you, but many can make the claim that they stopped playing due to the influx of duped weapons and cheating in general.

The casual gamer has been wiped out by the petty fights between strict, legitimate players and the hackers/dupers. Why bother when you'll get shunned by zealots or booted by FSODers?

Of course, not any one duper/hacking/AR user is at fault, but the blame does fall on the cheaters. Blame Sonic Team all you want, but you/they made the decision.

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

And yet another topic goes to Hell. I sense a flame war a comin'.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2005-03-10 19:11, Shadowpawn wrote:
    And yet another topic goes to Hell. I sense a flame war a comin'.
    The Word of Solstis is uncounterable. There shall be no flame war. This topic is pretty much over.

Solstis has spoken.

you address all cheaters, but yet you seem to think that all cheaters cause PSO to lose members
    I disagree. Most players would prefer a pure game, where every accomplishment was worth exactly what it was. Nothing more, nothing less. How could any other way possibly be better?

If that is the ideal we strive for, then it means all forms of cheating harm it in a way.

If you're a religious person, then you would agree that all sin keeps us from the good. It doesn't matter how big or small the sin is, it still moves us away from the "good."

We shouldn't be concerned with the variance of severity of the actions of cheaters. All cheating is in violation of ST's ToS, which you agreed to. I don't understand how arguments can continue after this is stated. It's like the refusal to accept reality.

When you break a contract (especially a contract in which money is exchanged, as in ST's ToS), you are lying. Lying for gain is never right in any circumstance.

You could argue and say "Well it's right for me." But that would require a relativist point of view. A relativist is someone who doesn't believe there is right or wrong, good or bad. Yet the relativist states that it's good to accept others how they are, and it's bad to judge. But they also say there is no good and no bad. Thus their entire view on the world collapses in a puff of logic.

Conclusion? It's never right to lie. Cheating is lying. If you're a cheater, do your best to be a better person. Please, for the good of all. Getting angry at facts doesn't change facts. I could be infuriated that 2+2=4, but that doesn't change the truth.