The new EGM is out to subscribers today -- a friend of mine got an early copy (I guess they're showing up in mailboxes as of today), and offered up a couple of tidbits from the PSU feature. I haven't seen the issue yet myself, so please don't press me for details. Here's what he said:

- Independent Offline and Online modes confirmed

- Offline is a full-on 40-hour single-player RPG -- I guess this is where the "Is it Phantasy Star V?" bit came from in the E3 trailer last year

- Online is basically a true sequel to PSO, but apparently it's NOT an MMORPG. EGM says there'll be more party members than PSO, but they don't clarify how many

- Character creation system is apparently very nice (that's where the "breasts" comment came from, I guess)

- Class system is very different from PSO's, more open-ended

- They feature two pages on offline, two pages on online, and an interview with Yuji Naka. Lots of new screens, too

Subscribers are getting their issues now (he got his today), so I suppose more info will be popping up soon.

The stage is the Graal Star System, consisting of three planets. Each planet has it's own culture, formed by it's different race.

The history of Graal Star System is filled with conflicts amongst the different races. However, after the Final Conflict 100 years ago, the union was formed amongst the three planets, which gave birth to the Allied Army and ultimately peace to the Graal Star System.

At this time, the 100 year anniversary of the Graal Star System Alliance is being celebrated. The main character Ethan, and his sister Rumia were both enjoying the ceremony, which showed off their space fleet - the pride of the Allied Army. However, one by one the fleet was destroyed by an incoming meteor shower, and even the lands were envelped in flames. It actually wasn't a meteor shower, but was a space lifeform that would later be called SEED, which tried to lead Graal to its destruction. From SEED which landed, invasions occured, and soon the lands were covered in darkness.

Even the Guardians Colony was suddenly attacked by the mysterious lifeform, and fell into a panic. In the midst of the confusion brought on by Gaurdians falling one by one, only Rumia remained in the rubble. To save his sister, Ethan would borrow the strength of the Guardians, and start his first which could mean life or death.

Characters:
    Ethan Webber

Sex: Male
    Race: Human

17 years old, living on the Guardians Colony. Came to watch the 100 year anniversary of the Planetary Alliance. Got caught up in the invasion of the SEED. Takes assignment after the initial SEED invasion, becoming a trainee of the Planetary Defense Organization [called] "Guardians". Began to train vigorously under Karen.

Karen Era
    Sex: Female
    Race: Newman

17 years old. Has 3 years of battle experience, and becomes Ethan's instructor. Experienced her mother being killed by a primeval (protozoan) lifeform, and even though is a Newman, has to live with the handicap of being unable to use techniques. Is a bit harder on herself than she needs to be, and stubbornly acts tough.

EDIT: EGM also writes and saying its coming to PC and PS2 !!!!

Yes both and of !!! SWEET !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balbarei on 2005-03-26 10:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balbarei on 2005-03-26 10:54 ]</font>

ZING!

Yay for Gamespy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meaky on 2005-03-26 10:50 ]</font>

Thanks for posting i picture, ill add it to the topic!

Please, please, people, READ things... There's a huge PSU sticky in Off-topic, where it belongs, and this has already been posted there. -_-

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

sorry, i never check off-topic, just trash there

I am so buying this, if I know that people are actually buying the PC version first. >_> I don't have a playstation2.

[Reborn Hero]

I AM A GAWD!!!

Well, from what Balbarei posted all of the things I thought about PSU are gonna come true!

New Classes!!
    More Party Members!!
    Better Offline!!

NEW PS BIOTCHES!!!

Now, i get the impression that in offline mode, you have to be the main characters. Now, this tells us that your online character will be 100% your creation, right? I hope the battle system will be like PSO Ep1&2 and not a turn based system -- that would just take away from the game. I sure hope they bring it to the Gamecube...but either way, i'll buy it because Kuda and myself are pooling our money together to buy a PS2, so if not for the cube, then we'll have a PS2 and a capable computer (i'm getting a laptop) to play. I hope they reveal more info on PSU soon!