View Poll Results: Okay, so it's been confirmed that PS2, PC and X-Box are all receiving PSU. Well, what about the game

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 29.69%
  • No

45 70.31%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Okay, so it's been confirmed that PS2, PC and X-Box are all receiving PSU. Well, what about the gamecube? The gamecube was probably their main source income, and most likely always will be. Now, do you think Sonic Team wants to loose a main source of income?

Anyways, here's the question:

Do you think that ST should bring PSU to the Gamecube?

After voting, state why or why not it should be brought to the Gamecube.

I chose yes because since everyone plays PSO 1,2 & 3 on gamecube, The nintendo fans would be happy if it appears on gamecube. It won't make since to buy another console and waste more money.

One thing they would loose profit on would be if they moved it to the gamecube, and said if you have a PSO Ep 1 & 2 HL, your PSU HL would be free. Oh, and if they made it so people could pay by Debit, then they would have alot more people who arn't quite old enough to have a credit card, but have a debit card with a reliable source of money being put into it. The 8.95 per month is a good price though, not too much so that no one can afford it, and not enough so that ST isn't making a profit.

No.

Online gaming via a slowly deteriorating gaming system that takes pride in being different (see ditches any thoughts of online gaming in order to make one throw money out the window for GBA connectivity) is not a good investment. Would the PSU have a fanbase waiting for it? You bet. Hundreds of thousands of oily-faced 12 year olds who can't wait to destroy PSU from the inside-out like they did with PSO.

To make things clear, I wish PSU would be PC-exclusive. No XB, no PS2 and no GC.

I read it on PSOW, so it must be true

Wait, it was confirmed for XBox too?

Now, I would be much more willing to get that system, but still...

DAMMIT! <_< (Not being fanboyish, but I own neither PS2, XBox, or a good computer >_>)

teh ninja'd

No, it has been de-firmed for Xbox.
    I think it's confusion of some sort.

GO TO HELL C:

On 2005-03-27 01:54, RicoRoyal wrote:
    No.

Online gaming via a slowly deteriorating gaming system that takes pride in being different (see ditches any thoughts of online gaming in order to make one throw money out the window for GBA connectivity) is not a good investment. Would the PSU have a fanbase waiting for it? You bet. Hundreds of thousands of oily-faced 12 year olds who can't wait to destroy PSU from the inside-out like they did with PSO.

To make things clear, I wish PSU would be PC-exclusive. No XB, no PS2 and no GC.
    Quoted for truth, emphasis and downright ownage

Besides, ST also has to get approval from Nintendo, so far only 3 games have been approved(Homeland being the third )

No, because not enough user base and the broadband modem is rare enough. and 65 player teams doesn't help

It's a shame for them to abandon the GC, but we all had to do this with the DC before so it's nothing new.

Sadly I think Nintendo's complete lack of support for online games make this inevitable. And PSU being broadband only would mean a lot of existing PSO players on GC wouldn't automatically be able to play it anyway. As for Xbox, well the tiny Japanese userbase ruled that out, and it would have been a gamble for SonicTeam to put it on Xbox2 - that might struggle in Japan like the first.

PS2 and PC was the right choice, especially with the slim PS2's having the network adaptor built in and PSU not needing the HDD like FFXI. With server-side saving a lot of the hacking/cheating should be removed. Also the fact they moved to PS2 meant they had to start again from scratch, meaning we're getting a new engine and a completely new experience. If they hadn't gone to PS2 we might have just got yet another re-use of the old PSO engine, so the move to PS2 could be a blessing in disguise.

PSU should mean a return to the 'golden-age' of PSO, in it's early days on DC, when so much was unknown about the game and cheating didn't exist. I can't wait for that!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-03-27 10:32 ]</font>

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2005-03-27 10:27, Nash wrote:
    It's a shame for them to abandon the GC, but we all had to do this with the DC before so it's nothing new.

Sadly I think Nintendo's complete lack of support for online games make this inevitable. And PSU being broadband only would mean a lot of existing PSO players on GC wouldn't automatically be able to play it anyway. As for Xbox, well the tiny Japanese userbase ruled that out, and it would have been a gamble for SonicTeam to put it on Xbox2 - that might struggle in Japan like the first.

PS2 and PC was the right choice, especially with the slim PS2's having the network adaptor built in and PSU not needing the HDD like FFXI. With server-side saving a lot of the hacking/cheating should be removed. Also the fact they moved to PS2 meant they had to start again from scratch, meaning we're getting a new engine and a completely new experience. If they hadn't gone to PS2 we might have just got yet another re-use of the old PSO engine, so the move to PS2 could be a blessing in disguise.

PSU should mean a return to the 'golden-age' of PSO, in it's early days on DC, when so much was unknown about the game and cheating didn't exist. I can't wait for that!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-03-27 10:32 ]</font>
    It'll all start again when someone figures out another door trick.