Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Now the Shiavo case is practically resolved. No one will take the case, so it looks like she'll starve to death, the one option that makes no one happy. (the other two being a quick euthanization or reinsert the tubes.)

Now, there aren't many big new news stories, so we'll go to an old, but still hot one. This is atually related, because the spouse has a say in a situation like Shiavo's

First- Gay marriage. So far there are three prominent option, allowing them to marry (and the least popular by the polls I've seen), a union of the two that is recognized by law, which includes the basic rights of marriage (it's technically not marriage), and that there should be neither.

Second- Gays in the culture. At the high school, the word "gay" has taken on the meaning of about every word with a negative connotation. You can call someone a motherfucker, and they'll laugh it off. Call them gay, and you'll often hear "I'm not gay." I know (and am certainly not friends with) guys who think it's cool to beat on them and such.

What's your reaction to these issues?

I'll express my opinion later, and feel free to state your opinion in it's entirety, for I'll try my best to make sure you're respected for it.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

Homosexual people are still human and deserve the right to be married. I think everyone should just get over the fact that some people are different and that they deserve equal rights to everyone else! I sure hope the Gay Marriage laws pass here in Canada.

Regarding the second issue, i've seen those jerks who pick on those people because they are, well, the way they are. And i stand up for them. One day at work, i heard a commotion near the back of my department, and low and behold, there were a few kids picking on a 14 year old who was gay. Of course, i kicked the bullies out and the kid hung around for awhile. He was a really nice guy and since then, him and i have become friends. So yeah, people who pick on people because they are different should die. Well..not die, just get a life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2005-03-27 23:26 ]</font>

Gays should be able to marry, just like any other person. Sadly, a lot of people in this country don't agree with that. For instance, a lot of people from the deep South say "We want to protect the sanctity of marriage!" Heh, guess where the divorce rate is highest in the country?

Partly becuase of the fact that a lot of people don't liek gays, a lot of teenagers are homophobic, so in their mind they equate "gay" to have a secondary meaning of "bad, stupid", etc. Using gay as an insult, or in any context like "Dude! That's gay!" is really stupid and close-minded.

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Pssh... gay people certainly deserve no rights.

(and the bait is set)

Lock the topic if you want to. There'll be another one in a month or so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-03-28 10:28 ]</font>

What's more harmful to marriage? Widening the spectrum or breaking it in half?

Regarding Solstis
    A. the bait is only set if you don't write "the bait is set"

B. If you felt that way, and someone flamed you for it, then I might just get a mod to lock the topic. I'm not kidding, don't flame or flamebait. State your opinion, whatever it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViewtifulJoe on 2005-03-27 23:30 ]</font>
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

On 2005-03-27 23:26, Solstis wrote:

(and the bait is set)
    This is a serious topic. Why must some people come around and do something like this. Please edit or delete your post.

On 2005-03-27 23:28, Zelutos wrote:
    On 2005-03-27 23:26, Solstis wrote:

(and the bait is set)
    This is a serious topic. Why must some people come around and do something like this. Please edit or delete your post.
    Zing! Someone took the bait.

Forum Search. Rants. Author: Solstis.

I could have been entirely serious. I've heard this arguement uttered a multitude of times. Technically, it's a pretty good one, seing as NO ONE deserves any rights.

They have to claim them and fight.

Minorities rarely get any rights. And the homosexual culture is technically a minority. So, how are they supposed to get these rights, and fight to keep them? Hrmm?

On 2005-03-27 23:33, Zelutos wrote:
    Minorities rarely get any rights. And the homosexual culture is technically a minority. So, how are they supposed to get these rights, and fight to keep them? Hrmm?
    I don't know.

That's the problem.

It would take a shift in society's current consciousness (thoughts, somesuch... work with me here people, I'm tired). Unfortunately, that only tends to happen after some terrible event, or series of. At least Canada, New Zealand, and a good number of European nations are on the ball.

I hope the whole allowing gays to marry passes in Canada. Good ol' constitution...hey..if it doesn't pass, i could start a rally for people who believe the law should pass and appeal to the judicial system who would review the constitution and determine that it is in the constitution to allow the law to be passed.

Stupid government. Defy the people and you shall pay! *laughs evily*