PSO Assassin

let's say a monster dies, but it wasn't me that killed him... Does it still have a drop rate or does the drop rate only come into affect when I kill it. example: I lay a confuse trap, the monsters start a royal rumble, and Monster A kills Monster B. This has really been bugging me for a while now...

Human After All

As long as it dies it has a chance to drop its rare.

There is one exception I can think of. If you are piping slimes, and one of the simes dies, and you pipe back to town, the game reads the slime as being "dead." You can continue to pipe and you can still find a red slime, but since it is "dead," its drop anything rate will be 0%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-03-31 13:46 ]</font>

PSO Assassin

how about when a NPC kills it, i.e. Ash or Kireek?

It can still drop a rare.

If you are piping slimes, and one of the simes dies, and you pipe back to town, the game reads the slime as being "dead." You can continue to pipe and you can still find a red slime, but since it is "dead," its drop anything rate will be 0%.
    Incorrect, I've gotten drops off "dead" slimes before.

Human After All

On 2005-03-31 14:21, Fossil wrote:
    I've gotten drops off "dead" slimes before.
    Sure you did.

Of all the members of this board, you are the only person I can ever remember claiming this. And even though we have tried to persuade you otherwise, you continue to make this claim. So, I have an assignment for you. Pipe a slime. Kill one of its parts at the beginning. Do not pipe the 2 slime room so there can be no chance that one slime remains "alive." Keep track off all the red slimes drops. Post your findings once you get your chosen rare. I am afraid this is the only thing that will convince you. Until you verify your claim, please stop spreading lies. You're just confusing newbies.

For an enemy to have no chance to drop its rare, it must either not have a rare drop, or it must have a 0% drop rate like Falz, Olga, or "dead" slimes.

Best RAmar EVER..... Someday.

One more instance that you are forgetting. I'm not sure what it's "technically" called, but we call it lag drop. Sometimes when you kill something, if there is too much lag, then it will drop nothing. This seems to happen a lot to me in the 4 Slime TTF room.

what do you mean "continue" to make this claim? It's not my fault you can't accept the fact AN ITEM HAS DROPPED FROM A DEAD SLIME FOR ME BEFORE. End of discussion.

Keep track off all the red slimes drops.
    You didn't state red slime before. That is why. Confusion fixed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fossil on 2005-03-31 15:44 ]</font>

Fossil, just go and do what you are assigned to do to help you check again. Quo is correct.