View Poll Results: Hello everyone. Just a little poll just to see, as HUnter characters, which weapon type do you prefe

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sword-series

23 65.71%
  • Partisan-series

12 34.29%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hello everyone. Just a little poll just to see, as HUnter characters, which weapon type do you prefer, and why?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: el33tmaikeru on 2005-04-17 20:59 ]</font>

well if im using a hunter then i would have to perfer swords. if you find a good one with high hit and have a god/battle equipped they can be really good weapons. partisans are great from normal to v.hard and maybe some of eps.1 ultimate but the low damage will hurt you in the long run. the soul eater gives a max atp boost of 370 and a max grind of 9. imperial pick atp boost is 300 and max grind 9 and so on with the other partisans. so if you have a character in the low hundreds in the caves and mines as well as eps.2 a good hit sword will work great. i think partisans are best fro characters 150+ cause the base atp makes up for low atp boost from partisans.

Partisans are generally more accurate, but Swords are stronger. I, personally, don't care. It really depends on the class. On my hunters, I use whatever I have, which happen to be more Swords than Partisans. However, with Rangers and Forces, I'll use Partisans because they're the only things available.

I'll do this, then:

~ Swords
    (Pros)
    - Stronger than Partisans
    - Tend to have decent specials on some of the strongest Swords (Sawd, Zanba, Flowen's)
    - I love Female Sword animations. <3
    (Cons)
    - EVP reduction on some Swords (minor issue)
    - Usually less accurate than Partisans (countered with hit percentages)
    - Dragon Slayers.

~ Partisans
    (Pros)
    - Accurate
    - Slightly quicker animation (not by much, though)
    - Nice running animation >>
    - Easy to find a good Partisan early (Madam's Umbrella, even Soul Eater)
    (Cons)
    - Weak
    - Fugly Female "walk to run" animation.
    - Scythes are the only "cool" looking Partisans. ;(
    - Not so usefull specials. Only Madam's(s) and Soul Eater have really great specials, but those aren't the strongest Partisans.

Currently, my FOmarl is using Plantain Huge Fan, my RAmarl is using Madam's Umbrella/Burning Gungnir with 45 hit, and my HUmar is using Red Sword. All my newer characters will get a Soul Eater until they can upgrade. For me, it comes down to who can use what, and how they look, because if my RAmarl/FOmarl could use Flowen's 3084, they would use it. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-17 22:48 ]</font>

personal preference:

normal gameplay, sword

cmode, partisan (or swords with high hit)

why? see post above
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Male Sword animation is just pwnage, but even if I totally dislike female sword animation, I still use swords on my females hunters, I just like ATP better, the ATA issue can always be resolved one way or another, the ATP issue (for Partisans) cannot.

Partisans don't push enemies back moreso than swords, it's just that with Partisans, you are more static.

Partisans also have more range than swords, but swords have a wider radius.

Of course, my RA/FO use S-Rank Scythe and Soul Banish, because they have no Sword available.

I really like Imperial Pick, Soul Banish and the 2 S-Rank Partisans, but I definitely like swords more overall.

I love Partisans. I Never leave Pioneer 2 without one. ( Meaning My Soul Banish ). In my mind, Partisans > Swords any day.
    You don't have to understand why; simply understand that's how I roll.

Wicked User/Axel Factor Cultist AxelgearVII's Avatar

Swords. Once again, for the same reason as Kefka. ATA problem is easily remedied. If you have skillz you don't neccesarily have to get hit after the 3rd strike in a male sword animation.
    Decade long veteran of PSO, PSO Ep1&2, PSOBB, and PSUJP. Axel or VII will do.

Swords, because the accuracy issue can be resolved.

Depends on the character. I have 2 hunters (a HUney, and a HUcaseal) For my HUney, I like swords. Greater damage, nice range, great when used with a God/Battle, generally good special attacks, some uber rare ones.
    However, using a sword can leave you wide open.

Partisan for my HUcaseal. It goes well with her, since she can avoid getting hit after a combo, faster attack speed. Only real disadvantage is the lack of power compared to swords, but this isn't really a problem on a 'caseal.

Overall, I guess I prefer swords, but the fact they leave you open can be a problem. And Skorp, nothing wrong with Dragon Slayer's are great early on.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

In normal play, I tend to use Swords over Partisans. However, I still use Partisans quite a bit.

For challenge mode, I like to use Partisans over swords. Combine a HUcast's dreadful ATA with a 0% Sword and you'll usually end up missing quite a bit.