Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am a level 45 force(FOnewearl) who is having trouble with the thrid form of dark falz on hard. I have 1000tp but only 240hp and his grants attack keeps killing me out right. I can't figure out if my magic attacks are having any effect as no damage total appears.Even with 12 scape dolls i don't stand a chance!! Do I have to wait till I'm Level 60? Can any one help me???

Get light-resisting units and put them in your frame (hopefully, you've found something with a few slots) and you probably should gain a few more levels, too.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Aussie RAcast Battler

Yep. And simply find the armour and sheild.. er.. frame and.. barrier I mean, with the most ELT. IGNORE DFP, it doesn't apply to Falz, or Vol Opt.. barely De Rol either.

Yep, go in with 0 DFP and you're fine, but boost that ELT. I dunno if you can take the slash or not at that level, there's no way to prepare for that anyway.. its pure HP.

Um fire in his final form.. like gifoie before he comes down, foie when he's down, that's about all you can do without weaps.

Don't bother. You won't be able to survive the swipe, which knocks off 310HP. Since you're lv45, my advice is to go into V hard mode and do Forest. That's if you're able to play online, if not, then just get some more levels.

I would suggest not using magic (except for shifta/ jellen or zailure - the dfp down one). Then just bust out a gun and shoot him. Magic really doesn't hurt him at all.

My suggestion to you is to take a strong handgun with a good dark % with you, and put Foie on one of your buttons. Either find frames/barriers with high ELT, or buy 4 Resist/Saints and equip them in any 4-slot frame. Pipe up and down and check the item shop each time; they will randomly appear in the shop. You should be able to survive Grants this way.

While fighting the final form, cast Shifta and shoot away (I assume you know that it only takes physical damage when it isn't flashing). While it's flashing, use Foie. Foie can hit Falz even when it's flashing (but not when it's up in the air), so use it liberally. Just be careful; its swipe attack is deadly. Move around a lot so you won't be directly in front of it.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

Magic does damage it, but as the others have said, I wouldn't recommend attack him with magic. I'd say go with a mechgun type weapon for close attacks and magic (grants/zonde) when it's out of range.

Even if you don't have the necessary hp, a dozen scape dolls should be enough as long as you do enough damage with physical attacks.

Actually, forget you even have magic. (Other than Shifta and Deband, which you should be affected by AT ALL TIMES)

Take a good gun (handgun, preferrably. mechguns are inaccurate) with a HP or MP draining special attack. You can hit Falz from almost anywhere in the ring and damage him even when he's flashing and immune to all other attacks.
    (oh, and watch out for his soul-stealing attack. if you hear a heartbeat, hold your fire until it stops)

you need to be able to survive the swipe, it's a pain to carry that many dolls so early. I thnk foie is most reliable. You can also gibarta form 2 unless you have a quick enough rabarta to use. Just resta...... a lot, and never be low on health for form 3, you lose life....heal

Svm Inimicus Mali

Right. As an example for the Grants attack, remember how spells are computed. If I'm not mistaken (and it's likely that I am, because I always manage to blow some important piece of info somewhere), spells go like this: there's a base damage of the spell's level, plus some damage from the MST of the user, cut by a percentage which is the victim's resistence to that element. In short, the Grants will always do the same amount of damage, based on your resistence. Since DFP is a nonissue (except maybe for Darvants?), I recommend the Dragon Frame. It's got an ELT of 20 at level 43, which is the best you're going to get as a Force. (Hunters, as always, have better options.) So, if you got a four-slot Dragon Frame (yes, that's hoping for a lot) and filled it with Resist/Saint units (which you can buy at a certain level), you'd get your ELT up to 48. Since the Grants attack does something like 350-400 damage, you could cut that damage to 175! What's the point? Uh... increased ELT's very good for you. ^_^()