Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aussie RAcast Battler

As we all know you need any GC memory card, that's been formatted for JP saves only.

My question is, how exactly does one format this card for JP saves?

I ask this since I realised all you Trial players have either a JP cube, or a modded US one.

People with PAL cubes, or perhaps even US unmodded cubes, (mainly people with PAL cubes) using Freeloader.. how do they make a memory card format to JP??

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Good question.

If you have a modded cube, when in "JP mode", you simply go to memory card options... it'll prompt you that the card needs to be formatted. You select yes and that's about it.

The problem with Freeloader is that we don't know if it actually switches the BIOS to JP mode or if it's just overriding the lockout and just booting up the game. If it doesn't switch the BIOS, you might not be able to format the card at all.

Careless, ignorant, and insensitive

The problem with Freeloader is that we don't know if it actually switches the BIOS to JP mode or if it's just overriding the lockout and just booting up the game. If it doesn't switch the BIOS, you might not be able to format the card at all.
    Oooh...crap :

I e-mailed NCSX and asked them this question.
    They said there is no special way to format a memory card and the standard way will work
    with both USA and JAPAN data saves.
    You just can't mix USA and JAPAN data saves on the same memory card.

If you want to e-mail them and ask them yourself, this is they're e-mail address:
    [email protected]

Hmmm so you can't have JP saves and US saves in the same Memory Card? Which means I need to buy another memory card to play PSO. That sucks, oh well another 15 bucks.

Aussie RAcast Battler

While Parn sounds like he knows what he's talking about, that NCSX bit doesn't.

If you can't "mix" saves, the filespace must be viewed by the software as one format or another.. imo.

You actually tested that Parn? ie, can you put a JP save on a card that you've formatted only in 'JP mode'?

On 2002-08-06 21:17, Defend wrote:
    You actually tested that Parn? ie, can you put a JP save on a card that you've formatted only in 'JP mode'?
    I'm not quite sure if this answers your question or not, but I had a US mem card, had a US game save on it, booted it up in JP mode, went to the file management system, it told me I needed to format, I did, and the memory card was cleaned off. But I can now put jp saves on it.

Does that answer your question?

I suspected that Formatting would erase data files. I had asked this question before but some morons foudn it more important to complain about repitive topics than to actually answer my question. Good thing we found now, or come Sept 14 we'd all be erasing our US files.

I was suspecting it would erase data, since with you "Reformat" your PC you Erase everything in it.

On 2002-08-06 21:17, Defend wrote:
    While Parn sounds like he knows what he's talking about, that NCSX bit doesn't.

If you can't "mix" saves, the filespace must be viewed by the software as one format or another.. imo.

Yeah you can put a jp save on a card you formatted in jp mode, if you try booting in US mode and goto the memory card manager it asks to format the card, doesn't even matter if it has saves on just that it's japanese formatted.

Another problem that could come up with freeloader is if it can format the card to the correct mode is if they don't include a memory card manager then you won't be able to access that card using the built in memory card manager on the GC on an unmodded cube.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

To answer your question Defend, yep, I've tested it with Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO that I imported. Works just fine.