Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An interesting reading comes from these Children's drawings.

If you want the background information:
    Wiki info
    If you don't want to read it all, basically South Korea and Japan are fighting over territory. They each claim this place is theirs. Now. What I am going to rant about is not either of them being right or wrong, the Liancourt Rocks should belong to either of them, that kinda thing. WHat I want to rant about is, well, look at the pictures that are drawn. A lot of these look like they are drawn by kindergarten to elementry kids.

WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR KIDS?
    Hatred? SInce when does hatred solve anything? You may say, oh, they are just kids, they are probably just having fun drawing. .. It is exactly because it is little kids that are doing these drawings that is making me so angry. This is propaganda. HATE propaganda. Now. I am not being ignorant of what they might be feeling. China and Japan (and Taiwan, according to Wiki) has the exact same kinda issues over Senkaku Island/Diaoyutai. I understand that it is frustrating that someone is claiming whatever is yours theirs. (not that I have an opinion of whether or not it should belong the either country. I understand the frustration. But honestly what does this do? Is this going to solve problems? Whatever happened to formal political protests, buy up their front page newspaper .. or all those diplomatic stuff rather than have your school kids make up a mural of hateful drawings?

Drilling hatred into kids mind, teach them how to hate whatever that is not "approved" by their government? Honestly, how is that differ from communist propaganda? There is no sense of right/wrong, all there is a list of things that are "okay" and everything else is horrandous? Whatever happened to trying to be rid of hatred and let everyone form their own conclusion?

Politics is adult's games. Leave the kids out of it.

Politics being adult games? Wow, they have the same problem we have here in America. Too many 12 year olds here think they are Political and Philisophical gods.

Anyway..yea, parents teaching their kids that kind of stuff isn't good. That will just lead to another generation of hate if they all don't nuke themselves before their kids grow up. It doesn't look good.
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Yeah... that Korea/Japan rivalry isn't going to go away anytime soon.

There's a good thing about telling your kids the brutality of the past, but the prejudices of the second World War should be put aside.

Well, parents will always do this, and I imagine that if Canada had gone through the United States about 60 years ago, trying to stomp out American "culture," parents would be doing the same thing.

*sigh*

On 2005-06-26 20:57, Solstis wrote:
    Yeah... that Korea/Japan rivalry isn't going to go away anytime soon.

There's a good thing about telling your kids the brutality of the past, but the prejudices of the second World War should be put aside.
    I was brought up to think this way. I hated it.
    Understanding history is one thing. Start to hate just about anyone because they are from a certain country is another.

Reminded me of this experience when I was a teen.
    We were in Japan, and mom was saying that female with loose sexual morals, their thighs all jiggle. I pointed to a young girl, prepubescent, who has jiggling thighs. I said, but she is just a kid! Mom replied oh you never know, Japanese girls are all so loose (in the way saying they are sluts). Not satified with the answer and thinking that she is just saying it because it is a prejudice; I said. My thigh jiggles too. And she replied, "Oh that's different."

wtf.

off-topic: you sounded so innocent back then, Navi

on-topic: oh the joys of the genocidal future generations, when will you cease?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Nader '08 anyone?

Hate is as natural as any other human emotion. Perhaps rather than being taught, some kids just pick up the frustration from angry adults around them. Being ones to make assumptions kids begin to believe the hate their parents or other adults believe whether they are taught this or not.

You think parents always taught their kids racism? Kids pick things up by watching how adults act. As for Hatred, humans will never be rid of it.

On 2005-06-26 21:58, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
    Hate is as natural as any other human emotion. Perhaps rather than being taught, some kids just pick up the frustration from angry adults around them. Being ones to make assumptions kids begin to believe the hate their parents or other adults believe whether they are taught this or not.

You think parents always taught their kids racism? Kids pick things up by watching how adults act. As for Hatred, humans will never be rid of it.
    Of course. Kids learn from their parents.
    But what about reinforcing that hatred? I am not saying it would be eliminated. It isn't possible. But we already hate enough as is, don't need to escalate that by making it "officially something that you are supposed to do".

Ninja Master

Its Heritage Navi. And heritage is something you cant destroy either unless you destroy it at the roots. About...fifty years from now, even if Korea and Japan settle their dispute, there will still be people hating the other side, because the family will always hold the grudge. Kind of like, how most southeners in the united states that are still apart of some Klu Klux Klan still hate blacks to the bone.And itll be like that until people learn to just let it go. Which...will never happen. T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jett_Kakashi on 2005-06-26 22:31 ]</font>

I understand the heritage thing.
    Brought up to hate foreigners! Especially Japanese.

Ya. I know all about it's human nature, people will never let go. I am really ranting about people instead of trying to work on letting it go, they hold onto it tighter and tighter. Putting more and more focus on it.

Keep saying it will never be stopped, then of course it will never be stopped.