Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm having flashbacks of the Dreamcast. Someone with a cheat system had made their character look like sonic in the Altair 07-01 lobby. Literally, the Sonic model that's sitting there in PSO. It works, too. Runs/walks normally. Thats cool. And harmless.

What was not cool and did harm was the lobby reset thing they decided to do. Basically it reloads the lobby for everyone. But has a lot of detrimental effects such as erasing all your non-equipped items, the same as an FSOD would, and breaking the lobby. You can't use the counter, and you can't use the lobby teleporter. And it seems the only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect. : I had several p-drops that little brat blasted.

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

*sigh* I know, sad part is they think they're cool because they do this..."1337" indeed...also (and I am probably gonna get hunted down for this) you can "fix" the lobby without disconnecting by searching someone's guild card then using meet user, this can be used in two ways
    1: if the person is in a different lobby you have successfully left the lobby that had the resetting freaking asshole ahem...person in it
    2: if the person you searched is in the same lobby, clicking meet user will cause you to reenter the lobby at which point the teleporters and clerks will work again

this is proven and are the methods I use to get past resets, but it is much easier to just try to stay away from lobbies 1 and 10 because they are usually FSOD and reset ground zero...on a personal note, I am tired of these immature little boys and girls (yes there are females who do this too) thinking they can just go and mess with people who never did a damn thing to them and be cool because of it, its not cool, its just stupid, however those out there who use codes purely for fun i.e. being sonic tails knuckles rico "ninja" and flowen, I have no problem at all with, infact I know quite a few people who use npcs, and some who use bosses in episode 3 I hang out with them because they aren't injuring my or anyone elses gameplay by doing this, (guys I know who use bosses only use them on coms) but still get flak from the super legits out there (Thor this means you) who feel that anyone using codes is bad and a "noob" if you guys want my opinion on the whole thing, all these harmful codes are the stupidest thing I have ever seen on PSO, and I have seen a level 70 go down from a rag rappy on normal.

so there's my thesis opinion on all harmful codes, and I am willing to bet that someones gonna flame me for this, or, heaven forbid[/sarcasm] track me down on PSO and yell at me or try to FSOD corrupt, or whatever these guys like to do to people like me...I don't really care, I'm not gonna be intimidated by thier stupid games, and no matter what anyone says or does, I'm going to be on PSO GC untill it's servers close or PSU comes out, like me or not...

and with that thought in everyones mind...*yoink*
    Episode III for Life.

teh ninja'd

Why does everyone call it Lobby Reset? It's lobby reload. Technically it's repeated forced bursting of a/multiple players.

You want out of the glitch? DC yourself, or X+B+Start. Or meet user.

Lobby reload doesn't take away items. Doing it Very Rapidly just opens up the chance of FSOD. The FSOD that actually Looks kinda like you're reloading is a trick thats...like a "fake" NOL, but it only makes
    you into EP3 NOL (temp) or EP2 where NPC follows you.
    Doing this NOL rapidly can BSOD you...

*Squash where the feck you been >_>*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2005-07-01 00:37 ]</font>

Sounds like it's a good thing I quit GC. The paranoia of this crap would probably too much. I had the idea to celebrate Superguppie at 200 with friend, once I would finally get there. Think I'll let it slide and just have me a bear when it happens....ALONE
    Once more my sarcastic congratulations for ruining one of the greatest games ever with your 1337 idiocy.

Yeah, I'm starting to lose hope of making 200 myself. Its taking too long to make a level even just at 128... I don't think I'm gonna make it past 150 or so. Especially if little hack-kiddies start crashing crap to the point that Sega gives up and cans EpII.

They better be making an effort to stop cheating in BlueBurst. It isn't that hard to patch a game on a PC platform. Nor is it that hard to track down the code snippets that people are exploiting. Heck, I could direct Sega's maintenance people here if they want advice from people that know what they're doing.: http://www.jossh.com/terminal_civilian.html

This game's been out for three years, about, with 1-2 years of beta testing before that, and I expect it will last out another year or two still. Why? Its developers have worked hard to block out cheating and consider it a serious matter to address and act upon /promptly/. This game is /maintained/. Not just with occasional bones tossed out content-wise, but supported, and its user CoC, TOS, etc. enforced. Simply put, if you cheat in Jumpgate you get one warning, accompanied by a temp ban if you are caught red handed and try to persist. If you still don't get the hint and persist in cheating, thats it. Adios, muchachos! Ban of account and IP.

As compared to PSO, where it has always been "What? You cheat? You wicked nasty person! You shouldn't do that! ... What am I gonna do to stop you? Oh, uh... I'm gonna... um ... You really shouldn't be doing that!"

PSO requires people to enter a keycode to get online. I would think they could make better use of this feature... Ah well. I suppose this thread is getting to the point that it belongs in Dead Horse Society.

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

Kamatz- Probably, but I'll let you know playing BB since the beta opened, I haven't run into any cheaters or anyone whos claimed to have cheat in BB. That and its server side saving making hacking a bitch. Not undoable, just lots of time for little reward kinda thing. Your safe in BB for the forseeable future...this is of course from an offline GC cheater who regulalrly visits a board deteicated to making codes for all versions of PSO. Take the info as you will.

Well, that's good at least. I saw another topic where it looked like people were already abusing BB pretty badly. Unfortunately I don't have a machine that meets the minimum requirements for it, or else I'd be looking at moving over there. New storyline <3

Saw something weird today on GC. JP servers had 1000+ users. A number I haven't seen since back on the DC, when PSO was free. I looked at one block and somehow 140 people had been crammed in there. o.O; Yike.

Got another lobby FSOD today, picked the wrong moment to log in. Froze faster than I could scamper back into the teleport. >_>; Ah well.

Senior Arks Member..? SquashDemon's Avatar
    I came from Ragol, and all the not-sense that makes with it.

*unyoink* Corey, I've been on PSO every day since you met me there, you're just not logging on at the right time *reyoink*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SquashDemon on 2005-07-05 23:58 ]</font>
    Episode III for Life.

On 2005-07-01 00:33, Corey wrote:
    Lobby reload doesn't take away items. Doing it Very Rapidly just opens up the chance of FSOD.
    That's incorrect. Lobby reload takes away all unequipped items.

Anyway, my program I release yesterday blocks this type of stuff, should download it and use it!

Linked removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2005-07-08 12:57 ]</font>
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

teh ninja'd

Strange how I've managed to reload myself about 15 times in one lobby and not lose my items. But when someone/me did it rapidly, it would FSOD me. Which then, it did.