Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was looking at the new screenshots from PSU today at work and it suddenly dawned on me: The outfits look like a really awesome mix of PSO-style fashion mixed with that of Jet Set Radio Future's style.

Not all of the outfits, but a few have this really cool hybrid look to them.

Anyone else seeing this other than me?

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

I liken it more to inspiration from The Gap, Old Navy, and other modern teenage-oriented clothing outlets.

On 2005-07-25 16:34, Parn wrote:
    I liken it more to inspiration from The Gap, Old Navy, and other modern teenage-oriented clothing outlets.
    Which makes me wonder: are people gonna look back on PSU in ten years and laugh at how outdated the fashion looks? Not that I think it looks that great to begin with.

The costume designs remind me of some of the early concept art for PSO. ...Also, it seems like an unwritten rule that females are required to show at least 25% of their thighs. xD

Not necessarily 25% of their thighs, if you notice in some trailers where we can see the online lobby (like in the E3 2005 trailer) you'll see females with pants, not showing their legs at all (and even ingame fighting if you look carefully, one shows up for a split moment in a trailer fighting).

I too noticed the somewhat...ordinary look of the fashions of PSU.
    Yes, the clothes are somewhat futuristic (they glow in places) but...they're kind of like what you'd see people wearing to the mall who were trying to look 'hip'. The Ethan guy has a belly-shirt on......

It is a big point to wonder if psu will 'go out of style' in the future of Earth. That's why it's such a danger to have your media mimic current fashions, because nothing stays in style forever, but chances are, your game will be around long after the style fades.

Personally, I like to find exotic, futuristic, (currently)-impossible clothes in games.
    -It's not something you're used to already and bored by
    -It gives cosplayers something to do
    -It can't go out of style or become hilarious because it was never IN style
    -It's more difficult to mess it up or have it look 'wrong' if there was no original to 'mess up'

I mean, at least you didn't see HUmars running around the mall before they came to PSO in those clothes. But really, what is Ethan wearing other than a souped-up hoodie and semi-jeans?

I am ULTRA curious as to what the other types of people are able to wear. I mean we have seen such a tiny sample of the fashions here (according to the char-create thing) If you can mix-n-match for real this time, who knows what we can think up?

Don't worry, character creation should have some majorly whacked out stuff. @_@

Not to mention, there are ROOOOOBOOOOOOOTS! >_> ITS NOT LIKE A ROBOT WITH FREAKING ROBOT ETC ETC.

Well they're robots. <_> At least they're futuristic too. The main girl character's little sister has RETRO POKEDOTS too! XD I can't wait to make some badass little kid characters and such.

Heheh... PSO fashion... We could have PSO fashion shows if they allow us to customize enough!

I really hope that there are some more bizaare PSO-ish outfits that you can use... Or, they could always throw in the direct old outfits! That would be neat and greatly appreciated! It would be nice for the old school PSO fans... Hmm... The outfits so far also seem a tad bit closer to Phantasy Star of old though...

techn0rganic

Atleast its an improvement over the stuff we had before, in the sense that there is more variation for designs. In PSO you had one style of clothing amd you chose the colors. In PSU you get various styles, and you can color them.

Hopefully PSU will have the classic costume styles as a choice!

Personally, I'm excited by the new costumes and increased customization options. As Tek said, it's great to see that we'll have more freedom stylewise. I mean, there are classes in PSO I would never create if only because their costumes are that eye-bleedingly offensive to me. Ehem, RAmar and HUmar... No, seriously.

Just so long as some of the choices are knee boots, berets, and cavalry pants for the human females, I will be happy.