Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linked, or not?

While I hope it will be cross platform (everything seems to indicate it will), I'm more worried about the region seperation like someone pointed out.

In FFXI, while it was cross platform, it had a region seperation: a US region and a EU+JP region (or so a group of friends told me who played FFXI, so please correct me if I'm wrong).

Hopefully they'll keep the regions joined, unlike PSOX (we can only blame Microsoft for that) and PSOBB (God knows, but I'd say we can blame certain parties who were hacking the Japanese PSOBB to the ground in the first few months of its release).

Your friends must be racist or something because they are terribly, terribly wrong.

Oh, and they're not Square-Enix either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2005-07-27 23:36 ]</font>

When I played FFXI, there were tons of Japanese players! Not to mention quite a fair share of people from assorted places I would have never guessed would have access to video games, let alone an online one...

the only thing separated on ff11 that i can think of is servers which u could buy a world pass to get to other servers

techn0rganic

except in ffxi a world pass to another server meant you had to make a new character. It was strange how the restricted players that way, but I suppose with such a large community you'd have an equivlant to vega in pso, 10 times bigger though.

Uh, no.

World Passes move your character to that server. It doesn't require a new one, which would CHARGE YOU to do so.

On the topic of linking them:

Why not link them? I'm having my doubts with all the cheating devices for the PS2. I don't know if you can do the type of things you could do on GC, or even Xbox, but I just think the time frame tells me its a matter of when PS2 PSU gets hacked.

Now, PC has nProtect, or at least, hopefully. PC will also have Patching. I don't know what ST will do if they need to patch the PS2 version, but how in the world will they do it with a small memory card?

They can hopefully do most of the updates server side.

Server-side anything = YES.