Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSU tech types

wow. looks like a better range of elemental types for PSU's techs.

so far, according to the screens at the PSUwebsite, it looks like we've got Lightning, Water, Ice, Fire, Earth, Light and Dark.

let's hope we'll get light, medium and heavy versions of them too.

I am also curious to see how they do resta, and other techs. hopefully there will be alot more support techs for PSU. I would enjoy that, and it would give an even more important role for support foces in the heat of battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2005-08-07 04:22 ]</font>

I think it would be nice to have a tech that speeds your teammates up. And another that slows the enemies down. The possibilities are not quite endless, but it is a new Phantasy Star, so Sonic Team can use some more techs anyway.

I think I saw Gibarta in one of those pics.

In eithe case, those pics are cool looking. Looks like there will be more than just the same old techs from PSO... from my obvservations that is.

Off topic: Droids are looking so bad ass, I know who I'm picking at this rate.

On 2005-08-07 05:39, Fossil wrote:
    Off topic: Droids are looking so bad ass, I know who I'm picking at this rate.
    Well, it's somewhat on topic, because Androids/Humanoids will have MST (very low MST, but they will have MST) in PSU.

it seems that the old PS techs are making a return, although I cannot remeber if there was ever a lighting tech, I do remeber Gra, which looks like it in one of the pics.

On 2005-08-07 06:02, Tact wrote:
    Well, it's somewhat on topic, because Androids/Humanoids will have MST (very low MST, but they will have MST) in PSU.
    Thats one of the things Im looking forward too. Finally, Androids can use other means of healing instead fo just item (mono/di/tri mates)

Its interesting to learn that there are new elements involved in PSU, will they have the same names for the exsisting one, such as (Gi/Ra) Zonde, Barta and Foie?

Hopefully Techs. will do more damage online this time. That was very disapointing for me when i used my force for the first time online. But the new elements are looking great though; should add some new excitment too.

I'm still a little concerned about how using techniques will be done... From what I've read, it's based on your weapon type. Guns and sabers just attack when you press the button for them, but apparently, force-style weapons (rods, canes, etc.) use a technique when you attack with the weapon, and can only be equipped in the right hand (along with one-handed melee weapons, I read that the left hand is only for ranged weapons).

That's what I read, anyway... It's going to be... Interesting, maybe awkward, if they do that, though...

At least you can quick-swap weapon configurations.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The True, Loyal Gamer

it would be kool if u could combine techs together for a massive attack.. but thats just an imagination (s.p.)

techn0rganic

Or rather if you could combine your foie with another person's foie. I suppose, since it wouldn't make much sense to combine 2 different techs.