Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Notes: A few things you should know beforehand. Season One is located here. It is not a necessary read to understand this season, though it will help. My chapters are often short. Deal with it. Enjoy

A length of beautiful pink photon slithered through the air like a dazzling snake, waving about and humming merrily. The majestic strand of energy swished here and there, creating a dazzling array of light patterns in mid-air.

The beam came crashing down upon the shoulder of a booma. The wound opened and shed red petals of blood slowly, as the photon entered the flesh of the great beast. Then, suddenly, withdrawing itself from the creature, it recoiled back to a metallic hilt of magnificent design.

An android stood in front of the menacing creature, waving a tentacle of photon energy about her. The great dumb beast lurched forward to strike its opponent, raising its arm angrily. Suddenly, the arm began sliding off of the flesh, and opened to reveal a great severing of tendon and bone. The arm fell to the side, lifeless.

The pink shimmering tendril of energy wrapped itself around the neck of the creature, then secured itself tightly. The android grabbed the line of photon with a gauntlet-equipped hand and tugged firmly, slicing into the neck of the creature; then, with a sudden twist and pull of the photon whip, the booma found itself staring at its own body - minus one head. Scarlet liquid poured out of the neck, and the lifeless corpse fell to the ground, claws twitching.

"Trial complete for hunter license number three-three-eight-two-four." The voice echoed from the very room itself. "Please proceed to the exit to collect your section identification badge." The android nodded and stepped through the gateway that had just grown out of the flowering earth before her.

The clerk at the desk of the hunters' guild looked over her carefully. "You know, you've got some talent with that whip, lady." The man winked. The android did not respond. "Ah, well, miss Alexi, your section ID is whitill." The machine next to the desk spit out a round badge bearing an icon that looked like a mixture of a gear and a power button. "You are to wear this badge at all times on the planet Ragol. Good day." Alexi nodded.

"Now uh... how about you and me... we find us somewhere and have some lunch?" The man sheepishly turned and asked. Hearing no response, he turned his head to see the black and red android walking out of the hunters' guild. The man sighed loudly and went back to his paperwork.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elvendar on 2005-09-26 15:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elvendar on 2006-08-23 14:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elvendar on 2006-08-23 14:34 ]</font>

haha I loved teh detail of the boomas being slaughtered

one question....

is that HUman? trying to go on a date with the android?
    Call me a safe bet. I'm betting I'm not.
    I'm glad that you can forgive.
    Only hoping as time goes, you can forget.

Yep.

Haha, nice. I enjoyed the original Elvendar story, although I don't think I ever posted in the thread for it. Well, I'm posting now! Keep up the carnage!

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

Ack! Details! *recoils in horror*

Usually a hate long chapters filled to the brim with analyzed booma destruction, but this small chapter leaves an impact without losing me.

Also, I'd like to point out that this may be the first fiction that I have ever read with... *gasps* a male Hunter's Guild desk clerk.

I enjoyed reading this chapter, and plan on reading your last season once I stop procrastinating.

Chapter II

The dim moonlight of Ragol was obscured by the clouds this night, forcing everything into an impenetrable darkness. Out in the distance, the mournful cries of the Savage Wolves echoed in all directions. Transporters to Pioneer II had been shut off some time ago, and any hunters left behind were to seek shelter and camp until dawn, when they could return.

Something shifted stealthily through the hallways of the central dome. No doubt there were native creatures inhabiting these long-abandoned buildings, but most were bound to be soundly asleep by this time. The figure moved up to a closed door and quietly tried to open it. With a creak the door slid forward a few inches to knock loudly on a toppled bookcase. The sound echoed through the hallways.

Alexi became perfectly still for a moment, listening to her surroundings cautiously. A few moments later, she slipped inside the room and closed the door once more, careful this time not to make any sudden noises. She carefully stepped over piles of stones from the cieling and made her way to the far wall - a section labeled "Ongoing Research."

She began to scan her eyes over hundreds upon hundreds of labels, none of which seemed to stick out to her. As she moved along the shelves, she stumbled upon a pile of books and debris, and immediately noticed something.

Red Tome #4. The tomes were written by the newmans upon initial exploration here eons ago. They described everything and anything that occurred to them in their travels. Alexi bent over and lifted the tome up, gently opening the dusty peice of history and skimming through the pages. After a few short minutes she came upon the page she needed. It was worn and torn, and only a few of the words were comprehensible.

Alexi tore the page out of the book and set it on the shelf gently, turning around to leave. Behind her, with a long groan and a sudden snap, the bookshelf upon which she had placed the tome collapsed. She stiffened up and remained completely silent for a few moments again. To her relief, she heard nothing, and began to exit the way she came in, only to hear the sound of a photon blade igniting ahead of her...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elvendar on 2005-09-26 15:53 ]</font>

I heart the PSO font hyroglyphics! That's so much cooler than just describing them.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Notes: Finally, another battle! With this, I was hoping to illustrate the classic samurai/ninja battles of old in a new way. Also, i'm still looking for anyone who'd be interested in doing artwork! Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

Chapter III

Bookshelves toppled over as a lean android with oversized shoulder-guards smashed his way forward. "Terminate!" it growled, holding no emotion in its voice. Alexi quickly looked for a way to slip past him, but found none. Black fog began to exit porous holes in the android's body, slowly encompassing the area. The foe's photon scythe let out a dull hum.

Alexi slowly backed away from her adversary and freed her photon whip from its holster. With a flick of her wrist, a silvery thread slithered from the metal handle and began to fill with photon energy. She slapped the whip around herself in a defensive arc. "Be gone, Ill Gill scum," she muttered.

The Ill Gill showed no signs of paying the slightest bit of attention to the female hunter. Alexi found it becoming harder and harder to move as the mysterious black fog made her feet stick to the floor. The robotic assailant lifted his scythe for a fatal blow, but not before getting it trapped by Alexi's photon whip; she had flung the photon tendril around the glowing blade and held it firmly in place. The robot looked at his weapon, and tugged it backwards. The photon whip was flung from Alexi's hand and tossed to the floor. Alexi looked at her advancing foe with terror.

The soft glow of the android's eyes flickered from orange to red for a split second. The Ill Gill let out a high pitched screech and white steam billowed from the back of its neck. Alexi crouched and reached to her leg, tugging at her boot just a bit and fixing her eyes on the robot.

A blinding arc of neon-black light rushed forward, scythe in hand, to finish the job. It passed Alexi and stood a few moments behind her before its head toppled off the body. Alexi stood up holding a small photon dagger in her right hand, and revealing a clean slice in the plating of her abdomen. Her innards could clearly be seen, but they still functioned properly, and held in place. She freed her boots and retrieved her photon whip, dashing out into the main hall just in time to hear the resulting explosion from the Ill Gill behind her.

"Since when do Ill Gills inhabit Central Dome?" Alexi barked at the clerk. His namecard revealed he was from the Hunters' Guild.
    "I don't know, and frankly, nobody else does either. Are you going to continue blaming the Hunters' Guild for these migrations or will you just accept the fact that it happens? You are a hunter, and no matter what is out there, you are paid to slay the creatures. If you can't do it, plenty of hunters are willing to take your place."
    Alexi stared into his human eyes and turned her head. "I don't know what's going on down there, but I know it's your fault." She replied angrily.
    "Thank you for your concern, but it's really none of your business what the Hunters' Guild does behind closed doors. In any case, how did you fare?"
    Alexi showed him the page. The man sighed. "Continue then. We will keep you updated." The man walked away hastily.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elvendar on 2005-09-26 15:58 ]</font>

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

nice! i like the PSO hyroglyphs, nice affect. Do i have to read before this far to understand "Eleven Newman Lords Traveled Here that Night
    And So They Lost The Artefact"?

Notes: Still looking for an artist, if anyone is interested! Enjoy this chapter-- I know it's long overdue

Chapter IV

The light of an artificial morning sun slowly crept through the blinds as it rose. It reflected off of the shimmering dust gently floating through the room, making the light appear in diagonal sheets filtering through the window and onto the floor. The air was still and silent, with the exception of a few vehicles passing through this corridor of the city, yet a body lay under these bed covers, failing to move.

A loud buzzing sound broke the silence of the apartment -- repeating over and over again. The doorbell rang, again and again, as if someone was purposely trying to annoy whoever was inside. The form under the sheets suddenly started to move, propped itself up, and revealed itself; An elegant android, adorned with hues of red, black and grey lit her eyes angrily in a violet glow. She pushed a button on the wall, opening the door.

"What the hell do you want?" The android grumbled, almost sleepily. A newman with a gaunt face strode through her doorway, dressed in clothes similar to what a court jester would wear. The androids eyes immediately lit up entirely at the sight of him, and opened her mouth in horror. "Canin?" She gasped, gripping her sheets firmly.

"I feel terrible," the man said, walking with a limp. "You wouldn't happen to have any peanut butter, would you?"

If androids could cry, this was certainly one of the moments that would provoke her to. She sat on her bed, mouth still wide open. "How did you- you were-- I can't believe it!" She exclaimed, suddenly jumping up and hugging her long lost friend.

"Elvendar?" He said, surprised by her sudden emotion. "The rumors were true... you are in there." He gave a big toothy smile, and then broke off the hug to rummage through her cabinets.