Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has anyone seen this anime? Isn't it familar to other anime you've probably seen before?

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/samuraichamploo/

I think the people responsible for the famous anime, Cowboy Bebop, are responsible for Smurai Champloo.

This is the only anime on TV at this moment that I actually watch. The opening theme is awesome(some die in the name of the samurai....) and the fighting is good. I also like the characters.

But the main thing i like about the anime is the music and sound effects. Its in Feudal Japan but you have hip hop beats going on in the background and sound effects. (They sometimes do disc scratches for the sound effect of a swords clashin)

I would like to see it unedited because i think Adult Swim cut out certain fight scenes and I would like to see if there are any se......Umm the anime is great

Honestly... I believe that I want to like this show more than I actually do... It seems like a show that I would really get a kick out of and appreciate every aspect of... But something about it... I don't know... Maybe I just need to give it time... I find myself much more enthrawled by Paranoia Agent. That show is my crack (next to hyping up for PSU/DDREX2)

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

I was checking out IGN's pricegrabber/Amazon.com last night for prices on the DVD's and found out that they even have it on PSP UMD format.

2 episodes a piece on the UMD for $10-15 which is very pricey.

The DVD's of 4 episodes or so each are $20-25 and I have one at the moment, and want to track down more of them/the whole set eventually/and some soundtracks.

The insert with the DVD's are nice. There are interviews with the artists who created the music for the series. How some artists got "The dirty work" by having to do only the fight scene music, but they agreed easily to do them since everyone else involved is very respected/renown compared to them being new to the industry.

I like the way the series flows for the most part and how the themes/messages/morals stay consistent throughout. Err, I guess you can say I find the topics they discuss interesting?

My only gripe is the obligatory first few minutes of walking around lifeless/hungry and scraping up for food, in most of the episodes.

The series is said(within those DVD previews I read when looking for prices) to pick up steam sooner or later when Adult Swim gets around to showing new episodes past #13 and/or the DVD's are released(every 2 months! damn).

Samurai Champloo is pretty awesome. It's just so frickn' stylish!

That show is awesome. ^_^ I say this having only seen maybe three episodes ever. I hate not having cable. I really do.

I've seen fansubs of a couple of epsidoes, and parts of the dub. It's really quite interesting, and it's one of the anime I want to watch and enjoy next.

just wait till the last part of the series, if you're not sure if you like it, those are the best.

I just saw it last night on Adult Swim.
    Very interesting show even though I caught the last ten minutes of it, but I watched it the way through.

Nice.
    Don't watch TV... and the only reason why I'm watching it now is because I can't even walk normal.

What do you mean you can't walk normal?