Threaded View

Hey, if you got a poem and want to share it to the world, then post it here. It doesn't even have to be your work, just a poem you like.(make sure you give the original author his/her recognition though) It can even be a rap.

Poetry to me, is like a persons inner secret thoughts expressed in words and thats why i love it.

Well, I guess I'll start it off with a poem done by me. Here it goes.....

The Sky
    by

-The sun is felled and the moon its slayer have come to sulk in its glory and the shallow winds start to whisper as it glides past me. Staring into the sky now that has been turned into a dark abyss, I find that there are no stars. Ever since I've entered into the chambers of adolescense I have not seen the stars. I remember nights in my youth where I'll run and play and laugh with my partners in my childhood schemes and when we're exhausted we'll collapse into the soft grass.

With my left ear I'll hear the crickets play their song of sorrow and happiness and with my right ear I'll hear the earthworms snoring, dreaming. A lightning bug would flash on my nose and with my eyes I'll look in the sky and gaze at its eyes, the stars. Sparkling, Shining, and peering at me that comforted my very soul. I could feel the skies laughter and happiness and me and my friends would lay and stare for hours laughing as our parents chatted and watched over us, knowing it was past our bed time and on my babyish face there would lie a smile.

Now as I look at the sky, my face is content. Mixed. The sky, so empty it looks as if its sorrow itself. There are no stars, no laughter, no happiness, no sparkling,no shining, just me,aged,............and the bold empty sky.
    Last edited by InfinityXXX; Jun 22, 2011 at 01:34 PM.