Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new IGN article

IGN has posted some new info and screens... Included are a few villian bios...

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/644/644429p1.html

And an edit for the screenies!!! And boy! There are quite a few of them! I must say, that beast dude is rockin' cool! Also there's a screenie of those other 3 characters seen in a few other shots... they are quite hideous...

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/683/683215/imgs_1.html

Squeee! New info!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-08-23 22:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-08-23 22:13 ]</font>

What have they done....
    A puppy man. Exqueezeme? Did anyone else go "Space Balls" when they saw that guy? He's like the dog man in there...is he supposed to be a beast? With a cleft lip and puppy ears? Where are his eyebrows? Why won't he zip up his pants?

Ok the fo. So bad it's SCARY. Love the pink cowboy boots. Snappy strappy pink leather pants with studs and a...stripy SKIRT. His pink heart shape hair isn't doing him any good either. If his boots are high-heel with a little star on it......Does this guy offend gay people? Is he supposed to? Even disregarding pink being associated with 'girl color' as an EARTH based notion that they don't have, carving your fro into a heart and running around in a stripy skirt and heels is still a bit much.

Um styleisticly somewhat hispanic looking guy. NoVol
    Gets credit for attempting to be 'normal', loses it all with the fabulous shiny pointy white shoes and fur lined 'festive vest'. (raise the point of his hair from the back to the top and he'd have Vegita goin' on)

Sonic Team is now my hero for creating the most tacky-est villains EVAR. They are frightening due to sheer style black-hole-level mishap. Renvolt overpowers people with his fighting skills...these guys overpower with insane design.

Pirate dude Tylor
    Is doing somewhat better. Still has hippie pants. NICE skull arm decoration though. I wonder if that's a shield you can get? Also brings up the possibility of place-able scarring with that "X" on his head.

So far, I havn't seen any real 'killer cool' design that makes me want to make a similar/style-like character like it when PSU comes out. These new guys are not helping the cause.

HOWEVER
    They all have an interesting backstory. The prospect that they've banded together as artificial brothers is a decent team mechanic. Personalities are as expected, but do contain depth and a nice history. I can definatly see lots of interesting ways to use these guys in a plot. Tylor is quite interesting as well, will he join the 'good guys' and use his pirate ship to help fight SEED?

This is an unexpected and slightly wacky update, but still decent with the info. (Thank you Rurouni Joku, I dont know how you do it first, but I'm glad it's here!) Super curious what everyone else thinks of the new tacky-trio.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

haha that puppy guy's design makes me cry. His friends arent much better. Other than that everything looks ok.

Indeed the trio (the one with the puppy face, the pink afro thing and the other) look very strange, but everything else is looking pretty good.

I like Tylor's design, fitting in my opinion, and his "honour code" is definately interesting; seems to me that he'll join or help the good guys at some point, although that might be obvious.

Story wise, I like how they seem to give them all a plausiable background.

techn0rganic

Looks good enough to me:

Atleast they gave the beast race normal human noses, not dog noses. That would be too far. Too late...

They've showed those characters in actual gameplay in older screenshots, dam they are ugly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-08-24 01:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-08-24 02:03 ]</font>

In the old shots I'd assumed they were really bad user-created characters!

::looks at above picture of PSU trio::

They kinda look like a rejected concept for a street gang pitched for "The Warriors"

After the trio picture, there's is one thing for sure...people that makes silly characters are going to have a blast.

Those three characters look to me like they will be similar Biggs and Wedge, and not be taken seriously as villians.

ST, please, sweeties, just make a real PS game already. *falls over laughing* You so obviously want to. XD Set it after PSII or PSIV or before PSI or something. *snickers*

Landeel, indeed.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.