Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Take this with a grain of salt, Gamestop is now listing two separate dates for PSU. The PC version is set for release in November 2005 while the PS2 version is set for release in February 2006. Most other sites only have the PS2 version listed so it is hard to confirm or deny this.

Could this mean that the PC version will be ready before the PS2 version?

I wouldn't trust game stores for anything about release dates. Extra stuffs like bundles and stuff, okay, but never release dates.

Trust Sega/Sonic Team. Keep that in mind.

Every site seems to say something different. So i really have no idea when it will be released XD

Didn't one of the official site have that listed as the release dates before? And then they changed the PC version to also be feb 06... =?

I won't hold my breath for it, but since I'm getting the PC version that would be very cool if it was indeed released that soon

**offtopic** I know its been discussed in other threads but I really, really hope the PS2 and PC servers are linked. It would suck not to be able to adventure with other members simply because they chose one version over the other. So if the PC version does happen to come out sooner and the two servers are linked, I guess we'll get a nice little headstart and can post screenies to tease the rest of the members

BTW in response to RurouniJoku, I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere also that the pc version was pushed back to coincide with the PS2 release.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-08-26 20:13 ]</font>

techn0rganic

Since all games are made on computers, it seems obvious why it would be easier to release it for PC first. I think they need to do more coding and such to put it on a console.

I think they're telling us the release date of the PC version in Japan; either they did that by mistake or they're thinking of selling the Japanese PC version in case it is multi-language (since PCs don't have region locks like consoles).

I wouldn't trust retail stores for any sort of information, and I doubt anything being released before 2006.

On 2005-08-26 20:12, VioletSkye wrote:
    I really, really hope the PS2 and PC servers are linked.
    Quite off-topic, but a PS2-PC link would mean no patches for the PC version (since the PS2 isn't capable of handling a patch). So when the duping goes nuts, you will have to bear with it when otherwise any loophole could be just patched.

Another thing being the PS2 version will have a poorer community because of all the little kiddies playing on the console their daddy bought them.

I pray that they are not linked...and the seperate release dates lean towards that, if anything

Well I hope PS2/PC are linked. The bigger the community the better, and the stronger it makes PSU in the long-run. Which gives Sonic Team more incentive to keep it updated.

You'll aways get idiots on any online game, but I hardly think the majority of PS2 players are going to be 'kiddies' especially when you have to pay to play online. The majority of Japanese players will be on PS2 as well. It would be a shame to not have it all linked.

Regarding patches for the online game, these can be implemented server-side. They did that frequently with the DC and GC versions (detecting Action Replays, disabling rares, implementing the double-save etc.), so they can do the same for PS2. They only had to reissue the Gamecube one because of a bug in the offline game which could be used to exploit the online game. With offline and online being totally separate in PSU there won't be that risk.

As for the release-date, well the official Japanese site still doesn't even mention the PC version. So I don't expect it to come out before. We will hopefully get a release-date for both versions, as well as a lot more information, at the Tokyo Game Show which starts in a few weeks. They always use TGS to showcase a new PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-08-27 06:29 ]</font>

True, but this game is certain to get at least an M rating due to what's on that beastman's evolved form in the video. (you know what i'm talkin about)