Just been glancing through drop charts again, and I noticed this. Why are some drops for the same item much better or worse than others? For example:

Psycho Wand. For Bluefull, this is a 1/12,604 drop from a Delbiter. Viridia also gets the P-Wand from the same enemy, but at a much worse drop rate of 1/131,073.

Asuka. Drops for a couple of ID's for 1/394 from Mericarol. Whitill gets it at 1/80?

Justy-23ST. This drops at 1/1261 from a Cave Ob Lily for Greenill, when it's only 9*?

Is there any particular known reason for this? Thanks.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I don't think ST cares, some guns that suck(LK Combat, HS Justice) have drop rates that are 1/400 something. Yet an even better gun(Wals MK2) which can easily smoke both in specials and power is like 1/46.

Yet I have 1 rifle, and like 20 of the mech guns...

Parts of Egg Blaster from Baranz is similar as well, if I recall correctly.
    Remembered asking about whether it was listed correctly or not, and it seems like it is indeed correct. As for the reasoning behind it... well, I'd imagine only ST itself would know.

I believe it is just a way of "balancing" the section IDs. But it is also due to the speciality of the said IDs. For instance, Redria finds Secret Gear at about half the rate of other IDs from the same enemy. Redria specializes in barriers and armors, so it makes logical sense that it should be able to find them easier to compensate with its lack of drops in other areas, such as, say, Rifles or Shots.

Blitz got it, it's done on purpose to advantage/disadvantage IDs.

Whitill has an easier Red Ring, too, but a harder Flight Cutter than Yellowboze.

Redria has finds all guards more easily:
    compare Sinow Blue Kasami Bracer, Ill Gill Tripolic Shield, Zol Gibbon Brightness Circle, Deldepth Aura Field, etc.

Purplenum's Agito 1975 drops at the rarity of an 11-star armour, 1/1280, while a 11-star from Mericus should be 1/12604.

Also, any rare that comes from a box (9-star rare, AddSlot, amplifier, barrier) is a lot rarer in Yellowboze, probably to compensate for the 3% hit in Ep2 or something.

And the list goes on.

Funny anecdote, none of the 10-star Flowen's Swords drop at 10 stars

Ah right, fair enough- I noticed the 1/3 Flight Cutter drop and assumed it was a typo >_<

Even with this 'balancing' though, Greenill still seems worse off...

Release Shouren as a Greenill exclusive, and I'll be happier

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Nice topic one thing which i could never understand is why most section ids can find a god/arm with a drop rate of 1/213 from very hard yet something like 1/1050 from ultimate??

Human After All

On 2005-09-02 09:54, Delfi wrote:
    Nice topic one thing which i could never understand is why most section ids can find a god/arm with a drop rate of 1/213 from very hard yet something like 1/1050 from ultimate??
    That's just the way it goes when it comes to units. VHard has excellent unit drops, while ULT has the weapons and guards that you'll need.

Actually, anything that drops in both Ultimate and Very Hard or Ultimate and Hard, is easier in the lowest difficulty, a lot easier, with Sense Plate as the only exception.

Even though it's been answered already, I'll attempt to add something anyway.
    I think the mini-bosses + Delbiter are considered stronger and more rare (well, they are) than regular enemies, so that might explain why they drop 12-star weapons at 11-star rates. Even more so for Mericus and Merikle, since they're even harder to find than Mericarol.