Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linked Servers?

Do we know for sure if the servers between PC and PS2 will be linked?

We don't know for sure, the only thing we know is that Sonic Team said they had plans for both to be linked and were working on that.

I think that linked servers would be way better because then all the PSU players would be together instead of having the them be seperate (even though some are on PC and some are on PS2).

techn0rganic

If not, then the few ps2 psu owners are screwed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-07 17:43 ]</font>

Exactly, I was planning on getting PSU on PS2, but if the servers aren't going to be linked then I'm going the PC route.

techn0rganic

What about lag though. I know about the game being broadband only now, but what about people with bad pc's? If there's settings aren't set right, and the pc is slowing down, they will lag.

On 2005-09-08 13:21, _Tek_ wrote:
    What about lag though. I know about the game being broadband only now, but what about people with bad pc's? If there's settings aren't set right, and the pc is slowing down, they will lag.
    That's not lag, that's a bad framerate. Lag is caused by a bad internet connection, or network congestion, but is not determined by your framerate, and not affected by it in the least.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

techn0rganic

Yes that's what I should've said, but its still a problem. People with the bad framerate end up falling behind. They'd hold up the team! But this will probably be a rare occurance.

That's why people with worse PCs (actually everyone, but I won't go into a rant about this) should activate the "auto frameskip" option for PSOBB, to keep the speed constant even if your framerate drops, thus avoiding unsynching (it can still unsynch, it'll just be less unsynch prone).

or simply switch adv. effects off.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!