Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is it just me or does the idea of releasing PSU on playstation 2 late this year seem like a bad idea? I mean the consoles almost at it's life end, the xbox 360 will be releasing soon after the game releases (which nobody is even sure of the games release) the PS3 may be soon after and it's worrying that the game won't be getting patches or updates via a hard drive.
    Hopefully Sonic team have learnt from the issues maintaining an online game beforehand with PSO and improve the maintenance on PSU so we get less duping and glitches. Especially since the game is also on PC where other games of the same genre such as WoW have benefited majorily from this. How will Sonic team team deal with maintaining the game online accross two platforms without patches or updates via a hard-drive? They can't seem to do it now properly, just have a look at the gamecube and xbox versions of PSO. PSOBB i'm not really sure of the hacking situtation.. Can anybody fill me in on that? I think the fee's to play this game may be more then we've had before if Sonic team really wants to take care of their players.. I'm not trying to bag out the company. I just want to see this game do well and Sonic team get the success it deserves for the franchise.. It wouldn't suprise me with all the vagueness surrounding the games release date that it gets pushed onto the PS3. It'd probably do alot better on it.. It's going to be interesting to see what happens and how this game does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarvis on 2005-09-13 00:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jarvis on 2005-09-13 00:24 ]</font>

techn0rganic

"Is it just me or does the idea of releasing PSU on playstation 2 late this year seem like a bad idea?"

I don't think its a bad idea.

Is it just me or does the idea of releasing PSU on playstation 2 late this year seem like a bad idea? I mean the consoles almost at it's life end, the xbox 360 will be releasing soon after the game releases (which nobody is even sure of the games release) the PS3 may be soon after and it's worrying that the game won't be getting patches or updates via a hard drive.
    Everybody isn't going to own a PS3/360 when they're out. People forget this. The 360 is going to sell 700,000-1,000,000 on the day of release anyways. Would you prefer such a small amount for that or the millions already on PS2? They're considering next-gen anyways, but that may not be until a price drop for PS3/360.

On 2005-09-13 00:19, Jarvis wrote:
    Is it just me or does the idea of releasing PSU on playstation 2 late this year seem like a bad idea? I mean the consoles almost at it's life end
    Who says? Just because new consoles come out doesn't immediately kill the life of other ones, especially the PS2.

I'm sure it's got a fair amount of life left in it, thanks to both the people who own one and the companies who make games for it.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

On 2005-09-13 07:01, Reenee wrote:
    Everybody isn't going to own a PS3/360 when they're out. People forget this. The 360 is going to sell 700,000-1,000,000 on the day of release anyways. Would you prefer such a small amount for that or the millions already on PS2? They're considering next-gen anyways, but that may not be until a price drop for PS3/360.
    Excatly.

It seems that alot of people still aren't aware of the fact that Sonic Team are speciffically releasing this game for the PS2 because it has the largest userbase ( by there logic, they are hoping to sell more games then they did with the other PSO games on the other consoles ). It's going to be awhile before any of the next gen consoles sell as much units as the PS2. Besides, the PS3 is going to be backwards compatible with PS2 games. If you're interested in PSU and you don't own a PS2 ( and you don't want to buy one since teh system is about to die ) you can always wait untill the PS3 comes out and buy PSU then. And if you're not interested in the PS3 there is always the PC version so why should you be concerened.

i could be wrong but i believe pso ver2-pso ep3 had patching you just didnt see it occuring i seem to remember pso ver2 having a really long log in period

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I just hope the game is dupe and hacking free.. Cause it's possible to do, It's been done with WoW.. but i dont think Sonic team has as much money as blizzard.

On 2005-09-13 18:46, Jarvis wrote:
    I just hope the game is dupe and hacking free.. Cause it's possible to do, It's been done with WoW.. but i dont think Sonic team has as much money as blizzard.
    As much money as they charged for their mediocre service on every version of Phantasy Star Online, they should have a pile of money stored up somewhere.
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

As much money as they charged for their mediocre service on every version of Phantasy Star Online, they should have a pile of money stored up somewhere.
    Damn it's about time someone said that. But yes I agree.

________
    trichomes
    Last edited by Dre_o; Jan 22, 2011 at 07:02 AM.

On 2005-09-13 18:48, Uncle_bob wrote:
    On 2005-09-13 18:46, Jarvis wrote:
    I highly doubt ST is that wealthy >_> besides it's not like they charge the usual money for PSO when compared to other games which are like 15$ a month. PSO on XB didn't go well at all and it went OK on GC. PSO BB they just win money from monthly services... And there's barely a high amount of people. Anyways I don't think they've ever overcharged for the modest company they are, it's always been lower than 14.95 a month >_>;; Plus whith so many hours of fun it provides, full of updates at least in it's first year of each version, I think they charge vs the service is just fine. If PSO were in the same scale as a game as WoW or FFXI then I'd be complaining...
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.