Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sworn enemy of Garanzes everywhere

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phan...riv/media.html

The video has some interesting details on how the replacement for mags as well as randomised dungeons (randomised layouts as well as randomised monster spawns) will work.

Awesome. So I guess we're looking at an early '06 release here in America?
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

techn0rganic

It talks about how you can add elemental techniques to any weapons. So perhaps its not just for canes and wands.

And the "mags" of psu are now partner machines. In pso mags raised your stats as you fed them items. In psu you give items to your machine and it will create other new items. Perhaps it combines items to make better ones.

They are now in the process of finishing the game, testing stage, etc. HURAH! But its still not out until 2006. I suppose because there is still the online network setup, advertising, and producing game copies to do for the next few months for 2006.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-13 18:47 ]</font>

hmm... Partner machinery eh? Couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? I'm not sure I like the sounds of the idea as much as a mag... But we will just have to see...

Looking forward to TGS more than ever now! As they said they will showcase online mode !!!

techn0rganic

I'm betting it was partly mistranslation.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

You mean a literal translation. The guy translating Takao Miyoshi's words perhaps doesn't even play video games for all we know, or even Phantasy Star games at that. EGM called them "robot partners" instead, but it's pretty obvious that either way, they're definitely not organic and they're supposed to help you. Heh...

Yeah.. I'm guessing they'll have a different name for it in the US release. The interview was originally in Japanese, so that's probably just it's literal translation.

Edit: lol Parn, just beat me to it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tomeeboy on 2005-09-13 22:10 ]</font>

Svm Inimicus Mali

The partner machines or whatever almost sound like a crafting system. You feed them certain items, and they spit out equipment (inexact wording). Interesting.

Perhaps they'll still have rare weapon parts, ala "Booma's Arm" and so forth, which you can feed to your machine to create the rare weapon.

Feed it items, and it spits out items... hmm, why do I feel like this is from another video game. Just have to remember which one now.