Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    techn0rganic

Its not even the 16th where I live, not for about 1:30 hours.
    This time its a "real" update(my last topic wasn't really), some extra characters, info on lobbies (looks like text chat!), and info on "your room":

http://phantasystaruniverse.com/

There is also the trailer from from psu jp site now at IGN.com, for those of you who haven't seen it yet:
    http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/683/683215/vids_1.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-15 22:09 ]</font>

Heh, the video is actually the same video as the Translated and untranslated versions mentioned on the PSOW Homepage. I posted a thread about it also earlier, than realized after watching it that it was exactly the same lol. The other updates are great though. TEXT CHAT!!!! I'd say thats our first look at the online portion of the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-09-15 22:07 ]</font>

techn0rganic

Yeah I just learned that now, its the same movie that was added to the psu jp site last week.

And Sega of America's site for PSU still shows no signs of brain activity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-15 22:13 ]</font>

In the topics section, it shows some wrist bands which I'm assuming will be SWAG at TGS considering it also mentions them in the TGS section. Anyway its great to finally start seeing some online images.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Make sure to check out the character creation section. It was also updated with pictures of some Cast editing.

On 2005-09-15 22:14, Parn wrote:
    Make sure to check out the character creation section. It was also updated with pictures of some Cast editing.
    Yeah I noticed that as well. I have to say I'm really liking the Cast designs thus far. I never cared for the Android look in PSO, but this could very well change that. I particularly like the more human looking faces:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-09-15 22:25 ]</font>

The humanlike humanoid faces do look pretty cool, wonder if they'll throw in robotic looking Human faces? This game indeed is looking cool, hope it all runs well.

Hmmm, the human like faces for the Casts are good for "cyborg" characters, but good thing we can still choose "helmet" style heads, which is what I'm aiming for.

First online city images with text chat, hurray!

techn0rganic

I noticed that the male android looks similar to the male human, which is cool. You could almost make a near human looking character but still have the cast race underneath. I liked the human looking cast heads on PSO, like the HUcaseal, so this is all good.

Ok, I've been observing the way Cast creation works (it's unfinished, the casts only have about 3 or 4 options for most edit choices, but here goes).

First menu is the same as before, Race and Gender.

The following menu is the physical proportion (let's call it the "Underlayer" of a Cast), where you edit their head (human like or "helmet style" like in PSO), hair (only for the human like head, these options are greyed out if you choose a "helmet style" head), height and physical proportion (fat and muscle); yes, height is now no longer an option from the proportions.

The third menu is the "Overlayer" of a Cast (the armor itself, shown in the female Cast editing example pictures).
    Here you choose the armor itself that surrounds the Cast.
    Upper body, lower body, shoulders/elbows (not sure about this one) and feet/boots; the fifth option is a mystery to me.

The fourth menu (only shown in the female Cast editing example pictures) is the "Character Name" screen, where you input your character's name (obviously).

Now, the "My Room" section (so yes, your online character also has a room, just like Ethan has his offline).
    The room itself is pretty big, with two divisions.
    It has a bedroom (with a nice view of space from the window) and a hall/meeting room.
    You can customise the room's decoration, from the pics shown we can see we can alter the wallpaper, colors of the floor, etc; maybe more customisation options will be available later.
    I wonder if we can invite friends over... I hope so...

The Lobbies/Cities are definitely interesting.
    Apparently they are more than just the Guardian Colony as first speculated, it seems that the planets and their "capital cities" are also available as "Online Lobby Cities" for players to meet, stock up on items, get missions, go to their rooms (probably only from the Guardian Colony city) and get transported to actual "fighting areas".

That's all for now.
    I just hope they release some nice and juicy video of PSU's online features this TGS (either by someone recording it with a camera or by Sonic Team's own hand).