Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    House Wife

Ok, for the time I have played I have noticed percent's on weapons. What exactly do the percents do? I also noticed some weapons have hit percents and others don't. Why is that?

It adds damage to that type, for instance 60% on native, will do more damage to native monsters, not sure if its a % or a certain amount of added power though. The hit % ups your accuracy, not really needed in the early levels, but very handy for playing in Ultimate and for using Mechguns/Slicers efficiantly.

House Wife

On 2005-09-18 03:05, Spider wrote:
    It adds damage to that type, for instance 60% on native, will do more damage to native monsters, not sure if its a % or a certain amount of added power though. The hit % ups your accuracy, not really needed in the early levels, but very handy for playing in Ultimate and for using Mechguns/Slicers efficiantly.
    So in the end does percents really matter? Also, is there a way to get percents up to 60? I have only seen it go to 35. Is there a limit to the percent on the weapon?

On the subject of Hit percent: Is there a reason why it's not always on a weapon? Also, why isn't the status always there?

For example:

Native: 0%
    A.Beast: 0%
    Machine: 0%
    Dark: 0%
    I never see Hit percent at 0. There a reason it is hidden when there is no percent?

On 2005-09-18 03:37, Sybellia wrote:

1. So in the end does percents really matter? Also, is there a way to get percents up to 60? I have only seen it go to 35. Is there a limit to the percent on the weapon?

2. On the subject of Hit percent: Is there a reason why it's not always on a weapon? Also, why isn't the status always there?

For example:

I never see Hit percent at 0. There a reason it is hidden when there is no percent?
    1. If you get lucky, you can find/tekk weapons up to 60%. The limit, however, is 100%. And Spider: It is an actual percent. So, if you would do 100 damage to a Booma with a Handgun, if the Handgun had 100% Native, you'd do 200 damage. For Hit, it isn't a percent. The weapon gets one extra ATA for each point of Hit. (Ex. The Handgun has 30% hit. This means that the Handgun has 30 more ATA than a perfectly normal Handgun).

2. I don't really understand what you mean by the first part of this question...but if all weapons had Hit, the Hit wouldn't be as valuable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2005-09-18 04:26 ]</font>

House Wife

On 2005-09-18 04:25, Tact wrote:
    On 2005-09-18 03:37, Sybellia wrote:

1. So in the end does percents really matter? Also, is there a way to get percents up to 60? I have only seen it go to 35. Is there a limit to the percent on the weapon?

2. On the subject of Hit percent: Is there a reason why it's not always on a weapon? Also, why isn't the status always there?

For example:

1. If you get lucky, you can find/tekk weapons up to 60%. The limit, however, is 100%. And Spider: It is an actual percent. So, if you would do 100 damage to a Booma with a Handgun, if the Handgun had 100% Native, you'd do 200 damage. For Hit, it isn't a percent. The weapon gets one extra ATA for each point of Hit. (Ex. The Handgun has 30% hit. This means that the Handgun has 30 more ATA than a perfectly normal Handgun).

2. I don't really understand what you mean by the first part of this question...but if all weapons had Hit, the Hit wouldn't be as valuable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2005-09-18 04:26 ]</font>
    I think i get it.

As for question 2: Hit percent only seems to show up when there is actually hit percent there. Why is that?

Another question:
    This involves the number of percents. I noticed you can have multiple percents on one weapon.
    For example of a weapon I have found:

Native: 30%
    A.beast: 0%
    Machine: 15%

Is it possible to have percents in all four areas? Well five including hit.

On 2005-09-18 04:36, Sybellia wrote:

1. As for question 2: Hit percent only seems to show up when there is actually hit percent there. Why is that?

2. Another question:
    This involves the number of percents. I noticed you can have multiple percents on one weapon.

1. I, personally, do not know why this is so. Sorry I could not be of help.

2. No. The most areas a weapon can have percents in (legitimately, at least) is three. Including Hit.

House Wife

On 2005-09-18 04:41, Tact wrote:
    On 2005-09-18 04:36, Sybellia wrote:

1. As for question 2: Hit percent only seems to show up when there is actually hit percent there. Why is that?

2. Another question:

1. I, personally, do not know why this is so. Sorry I could not be of help.

2. No. The most areas a weapon can have percents in (legitimately, at least) is three. Including Hit.
    1. It's quiet alright. You have helped with most of the subject, one un-answered question won't make too much of a big deal.

2. I see, thank you for your time.

If you have 100% to a handgun, damage dealt will not go from 100 to 200 AT ALL, please, this is common v3 knowledge.

Photon Attributes (the official name for percents on weapons) only affects the ATP of the weapon, not the ATP of your character, let alone your total ATP.

So if you had a handgun with 300 ATP, 100% Native would make it 600 ATP to Native monsters only, the corresponding added damage is directly linked to the monster's DFP.

To take a more concrete example including total ATP, if your ATP is 1000, your total ATP with the handgun will be 1300; if the gun has 100% Native and you attack monsters with the Native Attribute, your ATP will be 1600 for these monsters.

The difference between 1300 and 1600 is nowhere near "twice as much".

Oh...I understand my mistake. It only doubled the ATP for the Handgun vs. Native monsters, not total damage. I feel stupid now.

On 2005-09-18 09:08, Kef wrote:
    If you have 100% to a handgun, damage dealt will not go from 100 to 200 AT ALL, please, this is common v3 knowledge.

Photon Attributes (the official name for percents on weapons) only affects the ATP of the weapon, not the ATP of your character, let alone your total ATP.

So if you had a handgun with 300 ATP, 100% Native would make it 600 ATP to Native monsters only, the corresponding added damage is directly linked to the monster's DFP.

To take a more concrete example including total ATP, if your ATP is 1000, your total ATP with the handgun will be 1300; if the gun has 100% Native and you attack monsters with the Native Attribute, your ATP will be 1600 for these monsters.

The difference between 1300 and 1600 is nowhere near "twice as much".
    That's definity something that we needed to know. Thanks.