Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Apparently the online party limit will be of 6 players.

The Magic Box ( http://www.the-magicbox.com/ ) states it very clearly.

GameSpot and IGN have been sleeping this whole TGS (God knows why) instead of giving it some proper coverage like they did for E3, so it seems certain sites like The Magic Box and 1UP are getting their info from asian sites and representatives they may have at TGS for this.

techn0rganic

"- Sega revealed that Phantasy Star Universe will support up to 6 players online, the game is set to release in Japan this winter."

Yep most of us thought it would be about 6, which is rather kickass when you think about it for PSU, since the fighting rocks, compred to other online rpgs.

Six people hmm? Sounds good to me.

________
    Harley-Davidson Topper
    Last edited by Dre_o; Jan 22, 2011 at 07:06 AM.

Yep, 6 is definitely a great number; I'd have personally prefered 8 (although it'd probably be a rare thing to have a full party of 8 most of the time), but 6 is a whole lot better than 4, so no complaints here.

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

I love being right. Oh yes.

Basically, this is going to be kind of like hanging out in Jeuno in Final Fantasy XI. Tons of people to talk with, trade items with, etc... and then you form your party of six and go adventuring. Only... FFXI takes forever to do any of that stuff, and we won't have to deal with spawn camping, other parties aggroing monsters, and other annoying stuff about MMORPGs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2005-09-18 16:23 ]</font>

Allows for a whole lot more stratgy and team setups-
    I imagine that two~three attacker types, 1~2 gun/other types and 2 magic types maybe the best set up.

Then there are people who would be okay at two things: like I'm going for an attack/magic person for my future 'Solo' for PSU. So, there could be some interesting teams.

And it also makes one wonder about what a team would be like with all magic focused people. O.o Hello Burning Planet.

Alas, this ends ColonD's post. I'll look forward to you guys and gals on PSU online.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

6 only... >_<
    I have a feling the ram limitations of the ps2 is at fault. Serious sam 2 will have 16...
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

techn0rganic

Well think about how PSO was set up. It had 4 players, and you could chat while playing and get to know the other players more personally, and work together much better. But if you got a team of like 20 on wow, then its harder to keep order, plan strategies, and talk to people. I think 6 is just fine.

Plus PSU is going to have alot more combat gameplay, its certainly no point and click, one hit animation game. So I suppose there's alot of ram involved with all the new animations.

Agreed, six people will be plenty for intense combat but I noticed something, the videos tend to make the combat look more like Dynasty Warriors and less like Phantasy Star.

All I can say is I hope im wrong.

________
    Honda RC51
    Last edited by Dre_o; Jan 22, 2011 at 07:07 AM.

lmao I can't believe we all think it's a good number >_> I think it's great
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.