Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A few times i have heard about The way certain monster behave.

Demenians Need to be in teams for example...

sowieso

I just want to know, are their any other "patterns" to the way the differnt monster behave??

I was mentioned also in the topic somewhere below this about mine monsters!

Thanks to anyone that can help

The theory of dimenians+groups works with sharks, vulmers arlans & boomas of all varieties.
    They're essentially all the same exact thing, with the same AI and diff skins.

My curiosity about patterns was a certain Sinow in the TTF quest in the small room that spawned multiple sinows. Usually it was in the front corner on 1st or 2nd spawn, but it would sometimes act diff. then others. Like go into the hall after you, or stand off while other sinows attack, then hit you. It wasn't like the others. It didn't always do wierd things, but every few runs one of them would 'go wild'. Is this what you mean?

Those damn flowers in the Jungle Area keep running away when they're almost dead.

>=(

Offline Only Veteran

On 2005-10-01 22:30, adamgnome104 wrote:
    Those damn flowers in the Jungle Area keep running away when they're almost dead.

>=(
    I think they resemble some sort of Rappy behaviour.

Hmm, so all "groupie" monsters act the same, I know about the merillia(i think there the one) running away...

The bosses have patters of behavior, most are easy..but

-vol opt v2
    -Falz
    -Gal griffon
    -Flow

They are more random, sometimes anyways.

only vol opt part 2 and olga part 1 are random, afaik.

falz, olga part 2, vol opt part 1 are following one pattern (olga with skips).

gryphon has two variants for his actions, besides that, follows a pattern too.
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

On 2005-10-02 04:35, rena-ko wrote:
    only vol opt part 2 and olga part 1 are random, afaik.

falz, olga part 2, vol opt part 1 are following one pattern (olga with skips).

gryphon has two variants for his actions, besides that, follows a pattern too.
    I was talking about vol opt v2 part 2 (should have been clearer)
    Yeah, olga part one/2 are random..

I have been HP'ed BY Olga flow straight away, normally he does not!I just assumed this ment he had random patterms..

Falz's patters arn't random... yup i think your right on that too

I also notice that when you confuse to of the same enemies (Arlan, and Arlan) they will stop attacking each other and go back to starting positions after it wears off.

But an Ob Lily and an Arlan will keep on attacking each other until one dies (Ob Lily).

Of course this works with other enemies and you have to be watching from a distance.

Also, some rare enemies seem to "lead" if they come in packs. I notice Red Slimes seem to pop up first, and when they die the other slime patterns, assuming there are others, seem to randomize. This goes with Rare rappies and Hildeblues/Hildetorrs. It doesn't work with Lilies.

And you can notice that if there's a Barble, and 2 Bartles, the Barble is first to attack me, and if it doesn't, it waits till I kill the Bartle or I get knocked down to move in and attack me. So it might be the Bigger group attacks first.

But then...I have no evidence to support this.

Monster AI sucks. They walk slowly towards you blindly and without strategy (some monsters are stationary, but that makes them even less complex), and if another monster is standing in front of them, they turn around and walk the other way, then they turn back and run into the same monster again. Gibbons are the only regular enemies with a slightly more complex AI. They're stupid. You know that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2005-10-02 10:07 ]</font>

On 2005-10-02 10:06, Split wrote:
    Monster AI sucks. They walk slowly towards you blindly and without strategy (some monsters are stationary, but that makes them even less complex), and if another monster is standing in front of them, they turn around and walk the other way, then they turn back and run into the same monster again. Gibbons are the only regular enemies with a slightly more complex AI. They're stupid. You know that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2005-10-02 10:07 ]</font>
    Tell the Monster in PW# that they have stupid AI's

But i know what you mean, i have watched monster curcle me for ages, i just laught, shoot and sleep!