Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Fee?

PSO Assassin

I imagine that there is going to be a monthly fee for this game since it is an MMORPG. Also because it is going to be formatted for PC and the only free MMORPG on PC is Guild Wars. But anyways...I was just wondering if anyone had any idea on how much the monthly fee would cost ($10 like for the GC release of Episodes 1&2?).

ORPG, not MMORPG, even if it is a lot more "massive" than PSO ever was.
    Although, considering PSO had a monthly fee, expect PSU to also have one; mind you, I'd be pleasently surprised if it was for free.

Side note: Guild Wars is not a MMORPG, it's as "massive" as PSU is promising to be.
    Go to cities, meet hundreds of people, then form a party (or solo) and go to an area to do missions or just to wack monsters on the head without anyone else bothering you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-10-22 17:21 ]</font>

PSO Assassin

Well yeah you are right, I just put MMORPG. Wasn't technically thinking of the MM part. It is just an online RPG. And I must say that I would also be pleasantly surprised if there was no fee. Actually I would be in love.

Yes, it will be fee based. It's been mentioned in the odd Press Release, and if you want to see for yourself, have a snoop in the Sega USA PR FTP (ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/), the majority of PSU Documents up on there state such. So, to quote the most recent one, from the DigitalLife NY fest:

The fee-based online mode in Phantasy Star Universe continues where the offline mode?s story leaves off. Players are given the opportunity to travel with a squad of other adventurers, enter urban sprawls teeming with hundreds of players, and build their avatars into powerful warriors.
    Although, what is perhaps the most interesting thing within the document, is the following:

A giant game world that will evolve with new content online over the course of several years.
    Well I suppose, 5 years on, and people are playing (and paying monthly for) the latest spawn of PSO even now, we shouldn't be too suprised, really.. PSU Ver.2 - Aquamarine Assault, anyone?

How much it'll steal from your purse monthly, however, is all a big magical mystery..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2005-10-22 18:08 ]</font>

PSU really shouldn't have a fee to play online, although I'm sure it will.(this is Sega we're talking about...)

Why?
    PSU is NOT a MMORPG. It is the same as Guild Wars, D2, ect. All those can be played online for free, get free content updates AND are hacker/duper free for the most part.

PSU will not be able to compete with other games if it has a fee for online gameing.

PSO ep. 1&2/BB did ok in the begining, but they aren't top sellers now.

You really aren't getting what you pay for.(IMO).

Now, I like PSO and are looking foward to PSU, but Sega has shown they can't handle this online gaming stuff.
    PSO is filled with dupers, hackers and the like. They never update it with anything worthwhile.

And this is where our money is going ?

I sure hope they change their ways with PSU.

I think I remeber EGM's article stating it would be around 15 or so dollars...or equivalent to what PSOBB is atm.

15 dollars!?! Screw that!!! As fun as PSU is going to be, 15 bucks a month is an outragous fee for any game. Photon Cat had a point when she said PSU really shouldn't have a fee to play online. I would say that PSU should not have a fee. That way more people would be able to play online and PSU won't have any competition (the only competition PSU has so far is every game where online mode is free!).

PSO Assassin

Yeah I must say that a fee would almost be obsurd. And to be quite honest, if PSO and Sega want to compete with the online RPG's it has no chance, esp. since its not MMORPG. And also if SEGA were to decide not to charge a monthly fee for this game their would be no competition in the Free Online play games like Guild Wars. PSU would be a lot better than GW or D2. There would be a ton of buyers for SEGA.
    Another thing I have considered...why the sudden change for systems? I realize that sony and sega have a little something goin on, but why the addition to PC? Doesn't that make it even more reasonable for no monthly fee?

On 2005-10-23 10:59, vox3om wrote:
    Another thing I have considered...why the sudden change for systems? I realize that sony and sega have a little something goin on, but why the addition to PC? Doesn't that make it even more reasonable for no monthly fee?
    I think it's on PC because of BB. And yes it does make free online that much more reasonable.

PSO Assassin

Phruit Basket...which system are you buying it for...if you buy it? PC or PS2?

I almost want to buy it for PS2 so I can skip the worries of reaching PC requirements...any news on whether the graphics will be any better for either one?