Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

I'm looking for:
    (Please use "Word Select.")
    > Player name

A JP player used it once I entered, after using Word Select(y-chat) to greet and ask to enter the game, then typing Japanese words with the Alphabet.

They obviously didn't know what I was typing/saying.
    I typed:
    "Nihongo wakaranai. :/"

Which translates to:

"I don't speak Japanese. :/"

I looked over the Word Select lists and haven't seen it. Is it a response to a Word Select question? I know of different phrases to word select questions, which aren't on the list at first and appear under "Answers."
    Things like after a lesser used "Lets move to the next area." and the answer being "There are still more items to get."

A PSO player I knew binded that to a shortcut chat as a joke meaning his reason to keep playing PSO for hours on end.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Arest darkfalz the day after tommarow >everyone

um..yeah...

I believe that might have been something put in japanese magazines or told about on forums etc. and some people just used that. I'm pretty sure it's not in word select.

The Japanese keyboard on the Dreamcast have certain preset phrases, like the one you said-"Please use 'Word Select'".
    I can't remember many of them, one of them is something like this-"I had a nice time, see you later !". It's been a while since I've seen this, so it won't be very accurate.

I haven't seen that phrase in PSO DC I'm afraid... I do know it is on PSO PC right in the answers section. Very useful, though this japanese girl would keep talking japanese and I said "PLEASE USE WORD SELECT" like 50 times O_o
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On 2002-09-04 20:54, Rubesahl wrote:
    I haven't seen that phrase in PSO DC I'm afraid... I do know it is on PSO PC right in the answers section. Very useful, though this japanese girl would keep talking japanese and I said "PLEASE USE WORD SELECT" like 50 times O_o
    Bummer that not all PSO/DC users can say the phrase.

Same problem with the JP players who are probably too young to understand what is going on. If someone is talking to you only via Word Select and having your name as the recipient then why would you type Kanji(or your language) over and over again! Gargh!

Nice to meet everyone! I'm a newbie, don't kill me.

As for the Word Select, I don't know the exact phrase, but you could look for a phrase with kanji similar to the text given below...

???h ?Z???g ???B??????????B
    (Word Select o Tsukatte Kudasai)

{Please use word select.}

I hope this helps you.
    Mamonaku.
    ---------------
    ---------------
    oopsie, it doesn't display Japanese text... but that phrase should help. Just type it slowly, so the Jp players can read the Romanji.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mamonaku187 on 2002-09-14 17:23 ]</font>

On 2002-09-14 17:20, Mamonaku187 wrote:
    Nice to meet everyone! I'm a newbie, don't kill me.
    I think THAT should be on the word select.

Of course, I sometimes have fun in the Create A Conversation bit, coming up with things like, "nose GUSH > Everyone"

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

ROFL

The best I've come up with is WHITTIL DRAIN DARK FALZ (Any whittil char is a vamp! )
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.