Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut-In Chat

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but, in the update SEGA added "Cutin Chat" on Network section. Cutin Chat being the new symbol chat thingy, with your character's face.. Has someone translated the text on it yet? It'd be intresting to learn more about it...

I believe that was actually 2 updates ago.. unless they updated more on it.. I haven't looked at the site, though.. and my Japanese sucks.. hehee

Cut-in chat was somewhat mentioned before, but, I still have a couple questions on it. One, Ive seen a person's face in a balloon. I know its a pic of your char. However, Ive noticed that not all chat balloons carry a person's face. So, I was wondering: does the face come up randomly, preprogrammed in a shortcut, etc? How does that work? Second, will we be able to have regular symbol chat in addition to the cut-in or is it gone entirely?

I'm placing bets on it being the face of your character.. but we'll see, I guess.. I just want the game to come out already. lol

I'm thinking the cut-in chat is going to replace Symbol Chat entirely, and we won't see any more of that. I'm sure if Symbol Chat was going to be in there, we'd have seen screenshots or information about it being in the game already. Sonic Team was probably looking for a way for players to use expressions yet get rid of potentially offensive pictures people were using in PSO, and this is what they came up with.

I say, leave it to the few to screw it up for the rest of us. I don't mind the cut-in chat, and I actually think it's pretty cool. But there were some real masters of the Symbol Chat art out there, and I will miss seeing their work in PSU.
    Sir Laguna: Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

We're doing this in 2020.

On 2005-11-04 12:57, Sir_Laguna wrote:
    I say, leave it to the few to screw it up for the rest of us. I don't mind the cut-in chat, and I actually think it's pretty cool. But there were some real masters of the Symbol Chat art out there, and I will miss seeing their work in PSU.
    Indeed, indeed. I rather enjoyed making symbol chats as well. I think that it is potentially better than symbol chat, but I also think it is potentially worse. I remember the videos showing it with fancy animations, sounds, and flashing lights. While that is all well and good, it could have the same potentially annoying properties to it as well. Let's just hope there is a 'cut-in chat per minute' limit, or an ability to turn it off. Very little was more annoying than the Episode III "super-speed" symbol chat spam.

Yes, I remember bugging some ppl for the creative symbols they had (once they were showing them off). A few were nice enough to share them. Very creative stuff. If theyre gone however, then so be it. Still, about the face being shown, I question. I didnt see your char's face attached to everything said so is it something you choose for hotkeys? Is it random? Or does one face show only when someone is talking at that moment, then, disappears to make room for the next person talking? If thats not controlled we're gonna see faces getting spammed all over again! LOL

Looks like a nice enough idea, I just hope the Cut-in-Chat doesn't interfere with in-combat too much, wouldn't want it like PSO where you'll be fighting, and your view gets obscured by ''Get with SSJ"

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Wouldn't that be lovely... the SSJ situation. lol

I think that cut-in-chat will be an okay replacement for symbol chat. Like some of you have already posted, I too will miss some of those extra sweet symbols that the masters of symbol chat had made...Some of 'em were pretty damn cool. I think cut-in-chat will be a fine replacement though. And if it's interference with combat is minimal, then that's even better! We'll see what it'll be like...