http://slashdot.org/articles/05/11/0...tid=146&tid=99

I would phail at physics at that age.

They are called prodogies... it's sometimes a blessing and it's sometimes a curse. I mean you don't grow well emotionally and socially due to the age difference as well as what can do you do after you get your Ph.D?

I seriously wouldn't know how to deal with it, but I have heard stories about these already, so it's nothing surprising to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-11-07 18:31 ]</font>

REJJII of the Azure Flame

If a child prodigy like that were smart enough, he would fake being average level but still have an advantage above others.

I calculated how fast he learns compared to normal standars. He learns 16 times faster than the average child, plus at his age thats just insane...Even compared to my own skills at this age already.

Waddya want, man. Some people like to learn. There's a guy at our university who likes to read medical manuals and other advanced stuff for bedtime, even though he's studying to be an engineer.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Guess that means instead of 12 years of "normal" school, he gets 12 years of university. And, at his rate, that would probably mean a dozen or so PhDs. I can see his job interviews "Overqualified". My parents knew a fellow who had a number of PhDs and the only job he could get was as a professor as every company he interviewed with would not hire him on basis of "overqualification".

While that is a blessing in a way, when you are so far different from 'average Joe' you scare 'average Joe' into thinking you are out for his job. The good part I suppose is you have a movie made about you that is played nonstop on Lifetime for years.

REJJII of the Azure Flame

I just keep my knowledge hidden until I need to use it, I just focus on what I want done. If I had wanted to learn a lot and get ahead, I could be in University right now (I'm 14) but my morals dictate that I should live normally and enjoy life to the fullest. That's why I don't try... except to show off or for bragging rights. <_< v_v >_>

Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2005-11-09 19:50, REJ- wrote:
    I just keep my knowledge hidden until I need to use it, I just focus on what I want done. If I had wanted to learn a lot and get ahead, I could be in University right now (I'm 14) but my morals dictate that I should live normally and enjoy life to the fullest. That's why I don't try... except to show off or for bragging rights. <_< v_v >_>
    Like now? I fail to see how "morals" dictate what educational opportunities you seek and refuse, unless you just pity the "rest of us."

People who claim to keep their knowledge hidden (or even worse, do so) are conceited pricks that I tend to dislike. Nothing worse than talking to someone that thinks that he's better than you. What's even worse is when you realize that you've been doing the same thing to others. However, talents are useless when kept at bay.

Not to mention that an advanced understanding of the world's fundamental mechanics is hardly a subsitute for life experience (so I do see your point).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-11-09 20:39 ]</font>