Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Here's an idea I had about naming your char. What if you name your char, and give it a title too. Like your title in PSOW. For instance...Dagor (name): The Axebearer (title) I just thought that a title would make your char's name sound that much more personalized. And unlike some of my other ideas, there's actually a possibility of seeing this one in PSU (though we've heard nothing of it) What do ya think???

Dr. Kuda: The Steeled Captain.

it'd be nice if we got some sort of optional title to add elsewhere. like on an ID card of sorts.

I'm not too sure on the whole user-created title thingy. It's nice in theory, but just leads to untold amounts of problems and e-drama when things like moderation, 'offensive titles', or just people wanting to change them as they please come along. At least forbidden usernames are rather easy to deal with, as after creation you pretty much have no control over what happens to it again without sacrificing your character.

A way to implement such a feature, as seen in other games, is to have some kind of 'bankable' title library. If any of you have ever played City of Heroes, you'll be familiar with the badge system. Basically, upon defeating X number of X baddies, taking so much damage, hitting certain levels, visiting certain field locations, witnessing certain events or completing certain missions and so on, you would accrue 'badges' on your character. Whilst these badges did absolutely nothing gameplay wise, they each had titles, that you could select as your user title. For example, the one for healing so many million hitpoints was 'Medic', or for taking so many points of damage you could earn the 'Unbreakable' badge - which you could then choose to have display underneath your character's name. Think of it like PSOW's library of avatars, except for user titles (and er, the fact that you have to earn them).

It's a nice little scheme that adds to the pit known as a timesink, by giving people something extra to do when not running the grind (although you would gain an ample amount of these as you level up). Although, I certainly wouldn't shed any tears if a similar thing was missing in PSU - your name alone should hopefully be enough to strike dread/lust/anxiety/favourable-pleasure into the hearts of others. Or something.

Name: Kuromori

Title: Disposable Hero

So help me god if I log in on day one and that name is taken.... Otherwise, Props to anyone who knows where I got it from.

What a coincidence? I AM Dagor The Axebearer!

Refreshing Minty Flavor Puppet_Papaya's Avatar

Otherwise, Props to anyone who knows where I got it from.
    japan?

On 2005-11-16 12:17, Puppet_Papaya wrote:
    Otherwise, Props to anyone who knows where I got it from.
    japan?
    Well... I guess that's right... technicly. I was hoping a little more specific >.>

Tyreal the Eternal Annihilator.

That or Tyreal the Divine Slasher.

Don't you dare steal it from me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-11-16 14:13 ]</font>
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

The badge system sounds neat...
    If PSU does something like that, it'll add a nice touch. I think that it is somewhat similar to being able to display your challenge-rank above peoples' heads with rt trigger. It adds prestige. I was really dissapointed when E2C did not have a new set of rankings above/other then Bu-Ei.
    At a glance, you can tell who else is into whatever you are (C, or battle--if they have wins) In this way (it seems) in COH you could spot healing-mages or whatever their equivelent is.

And Disposable Hero? That was the name of a Battle Bots fighting robot! I don't think it ever won a giant nut though. (did pressure-drop kill it?)

I loved battle bots. Actually though, the title is taken from my FFXI linkshell, DisposableHeroes. I was actually refering to where I got my character name from, but nice call on the DH part.