Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hairstyles

does anyone know the number of hairstyles that will be accessable to each gender?

I'm sure there are different hairstyles for every character class, so that could be a hard question to answer

Judging from the 'Network of..' video on Gametrailers, from TGS '05, it looked like there were 16 types of hairstyle available for your male/female human questers. I'm guessing that at that stage of development, it was probably similar for all classes (well, bar Casts), seeing as how looking at the char generator of then, the 'base' for all male/females was practically identical (bar Casts, again), with the exception of ears and other lovely little features.

I guess we'll see individual styles per race in the way of clothes and stuff, but with 16 styles as a base, it can only go up from there! Heck, looking at that video, there were more 'eyebrow' options, 19 infact, than hairstyles, oh what fun character creation will be!

Agreed. Its going to take at least double the time to make a PSU char. Oh the frustrating fun experience of creating a char, trying to delve into all the possibilities. LOL I cant wait.

I hope they have dreadlocks this time around.

ST should have done better than 16...

even in PSO, there is a large assortment of hairstyles for each class.

now it'll likely be 16 for the males to share, and another 16 for the females...

I'm worried that PSU isn't going to have any hairstyles I'll like...

I'm kinda worried about that too.... But I'm not as much concerned with not having a hairstyle I like, but more so that there will be very little variety from character to character, especially since hair is one of the most distinguishing features. If all the non-cast races have the same small selection of hairstyles... Then it might be very hard to get your character to look unique. ><

Svm Inimicus Mali

Oh, come on. 16 hairstyles is close to double what was available for any individual character in PSO, which will be on top of all the possible options for other clothing. And while facial features may seem insignificant, don't forget about cut-in chat. I suspect that cut-in chat is going to make what your character's face looks like much more important than it was in PSO.

PSU already has plenty to make a unique-looking character, I think. At least as far as online games go. Seriously, look at Guild Wars (the only other online game I have enough experience with to make a comparison). You get maybe ten preset faces, eight to twelve hairstyles, and some preset hair colors, and around five styles of armor per class. In PSU, you get the aforementioned 16 hair styles, who knows how many options for clothing, hair and eye color on palettes, control over character proportions (Guild Wars just has a single slider-bar for height)... no contest. PSU will very likely have the best character customization known to online gaming, and you're afraid you won't be able to make something you like?

they should have like a hair styling simulator to where u could grab pieces of hair and move it around and grow it and cut it

Im just saying, In pso each character had 10 hairstyles... But from what I've seen of the character create for PSU, there may only be 16 for each gender SHARED between each race, making for a total of ALOT less hairstyles... Of course that's subject to change. ST may and probably will add more, and they'll probably make individual styles for each race in the final version. I'm just expressing silly worries is all.