Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSU music

I was recently re-watching the battle video for PSU, and all I have to say is that if that's the kind of music we're going to hear, I'm impressed.

discuss?

No idea, there was a link posted on the PSO:BB official boards long ago, I think it's been deleted by now though

But anyways, yes, the music in that movie is really awesome, as is the rest of the PSU music. I especially like the BGM for the oriental-type world..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaphile on 2005-11-20 20:21 ]</font>

I hope the music is good too. If the music is as good as PSO's, then I'd be very pleased, because PSO had a really nice music selection.

Music is a good quality in video games... I hope it's good.

On 2005-11-20 21:30, Tomonari wrote:
    I hope the music is good too. If the music is as good as PSO's, then I'd be very pleased, because PSO had a really nice music selection.
    Wow, I've played PSO for hundreds of hours...and I never really noticed the music, I guess I was caught up in the actual gameplay too much to realize it.

...I go away for a week and miss out on so much in some sense here.
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

I love the music in PSO, specifically Episode 2's music. Including Spaceship (my favorite track -puts it on- jungle and all the others. Episode 1's music is good but tracks like caves make me sleepy if I'm playing at any hour after 12 noon O_o Good ambience music though. I'd say my favorite in Episode 1 would be mines.

As for the music in PSU, I think it surpasses the quality of PSO's Which is great! I'm hoping for other remixes like the spaceship one (which I hope comes back remixed again lol). I'm also looking forward to hear the music from the oriental world ^__^; <-- oriental freak ><;;

I think it's safe to say they had mor budget this time around >_>;;
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

Following on from the high standard of PSO, which was only then enhanced by the brilliance of Episode III's score (which sadly, due to the low spread of such game, is severly underrated!) - the music of the next installment takes up a rather large chunk of my expectations from PSU. Judging from what we've seen, the score of EpIII is being taken further (and as far as I'm aware, they've even comissioned the same orchestra of the third episode, along with another in tow), which brings much joy to the bottom of my bodily crevices.

So far, the pieces I've been most fond of are the [assumed] theme of Moatoob, and the whole beginning of the E3 2004 trailer track. That bit where it's all green and lovely, and the little bells chimes in before the lightning strike of death is a delight! I'm pretty indifferent to the whole vocal thing by Kelli Sae - what would a form of online Phantasy Star be without a wonderfully cheesey vocal tune? Of course, according to Espiokaos's questions to the fair Kelli, there has infact been more than one recording done by the maiden. So, perhaps a slower version of the theme we've experienced thus far (especially when the main melody has been recycled endless times in different videos, lyriced or not). All the other ending songs from previous PSO installments have been lovely, so here's hoping!

Of course, I wonder if some form of IDOLA will weed its way into PSU - surely it would be blasphemy if such a music-thing was missing!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lovejuice on 2005-11-21 14:44 ]</font>

The warsaw philiharmonic is a well known orchestra as I understand. Actually its my hope that we hear more music from the classic PS series. What I wouldn't give to hear a remixed version of Motiva PS1. Sure there's the one done by SEGAROCKS, but overall, i'm not a rock kind of guy. And the improv they put into their mixes just went too far from PS into rock and essentially killed the tune.

On 2005-11-21 13:50, Rubesahl wrote:
    I love the music in PSO, specifically Episode 2's music. Including Spaceship (my favorite track -puts it on- jungle and all the others.

Spaceship is totally one of the best BGM's on PSO. It was probably the place I went to the most besides Mines. ^_^

Has there been any mention who is going to do the music? Like Hideaki Kobayashi or Fumie Kumatani?