Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If someone could translate it would be nice

Cool, I'd wanted to see scans of this week's issue.

Confirms the release date, looks like it is only a date for the PS2 version although that might be just because it's Famitsu and they aren't interested in the PC version. Tomorrow's website update might make things a big clearer.

Also confirms the pre-order bonuses, and the need to get a Sega Link ID (for online play?). I had a quick look at the registration page and doesn't look too bad. You can run it through a translator with no problem.

Second page seems to show PSU has the equivalent of PSO's Dressing Room, allowing you to change costumes. Again, a proper translation of all this would be nice

From what I can discern on the 2nd page, it seems like Ethan can change into his work clothes pretty quickly. All he has to do is press a button and his t-shirt will take care of the rest. It looks like it functions very similar to what was seen in the 2004 E3 Trailer. Also, it seems a giant wart-hog will be a boss in the game.

Heh, a Famitsu Choice! Looks like this game is going to be a hit. ;]

The scans are nice; the more info the better.
    We have the release date & price. There is some reading on page 1, but page 2 is more interesting.
    There is a bit of info on 'A Photon Reactor', 'Shield Line System (SLS)' (interesting!) & 'Nanostranser'. Also, as we can tell there are more enemies, whoese names sound like De Stoba, Viara & Gol Druba. ;]

Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Mmm...Delicous eye candy Now it'll be even better with a few translations. Not quite sure what any of the pics mean, but man are they sweet! Those bosses look pretty nuts (Can't wait to defeat 'em).

where it shows the bosses name, it also shows its level.
    Quit PSO2

The SegaLink (and book/mini CD info) is the same as I posted in the release date thread.

Here's what I see new in the scans.
    FYI -- it's like 3AM here, so this might be kinda crappy. I'm skipping to page 2, as page 1 just says basically "A-Photon's are a main part of the Graal System."

EDIT: Crap -- no it's not. o_O I will summarize.
    Photon Particles are abundant on the planets and space. The process of of gathering, compounding, and breaking them down to equipment is called "A-Photon Reactor". A useful skill, although it seems to have a connection w/ the ancient civilizations that used them. From this reactor (or reaction?) is A-Photon Energy... an energy which is stable, and can be stored.

SLS: Shield Line System:
    Photon Techniques are appropriated as a shield, and are used outside of spaceships. When a person equips this, it's known the Shield Line System: a defense system which raises a persons defence, without damaging the design of his clothes.

There's a characteristic of controlling air-space within an A-Photon Crystal, and nanotrances (stores) it. The main one equipped by the Guaridians, The Nanotrancer, is a device allowing you to say "sayonara" to extra baggage. It's a big hit, and quickly became widespread throughout the system.

The top righthand corner about the character create:
    In online games, you ultimately equip the best armors, and still look the same [as others]. How will this be in Phantasy Star Universe? When we asked Sega, we were told "there are enough variations this time that nobody will be able to bump into a person that looks the exact same." And that's b/c of the Character Create System. This time, the system has morphing functionality, where you can change the size of each body part. Another reason is because of the "Shield Line System". "Shield Line" colors are reflected on each type of armor [shield and armor I believe] in the game, And finally, with an abundant selection of clothes, just like in real life, you can dress according to your mood of that day and set out on your adventure. An element that should please people that want to stick out, or dress up.

[monsters on the bottom right]
    Di-Ragan
    Distoba
    Vahra
    Gol-Dorba
    (I'll bet my house these are romanized differently in the official western releases)

The left side talks about some events in the single-player game. Ethan gets his Nanotrancer ganked by Tonio... they apparantly live happily ever after or something.

*sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2005-11-25 05:05 ]</font>

So basically we've got magical bags that can hold more stuff inside them than what physics and geometry tells us they can.

Standard RPG stuff but its nice to finally see an explaination for once.

No, I believe that any extra stuff gets ported back to our locker or apt. The fact that he said you say 'sayonara' to your stuff seems to say so. This is futuristic, so, if we can insta-port items home, that would rock.

Trinity's War Survivor DamonKatu's Avatar

On 2005-11-25 05:00, GaijinPUnch wrote:
    The SegaLink (and book/mini CD info) is the same as I posted in the release date thread.

Here's what I see new in the scans.
    FYI -- it's like 3AM here, so this might be kinda crappy. I'm skipping to page 2, as page 1 just says basically "A-Photon's are a main part of the Graal System."

EDIT: Crap -- no it's not. o_O I will summarize.
    Photon Particles are abundant on the planets and space. The process of of gathering, compounding, and breaking them down to equipment is called "A-Photon Reactor". A useful skill, although it seems to have a connection w/ the ancient civilizations that used them. From this reactor (or reaction?) is A-Photon Energy... an energy which is stable, and can be stored.

SLS: Shield Line System:
    Photon Techniques are appropriated as a shield, and are used outside of spaceships. When a person equips this, it's known the Shield Line System: a defense system which raises a persons defence, without damaging the design of his clothes.

There's a characteristic of controlling air-space within an A-Photon Crystal, and nanotrances (stores) it. The main one equipped by the Guaridians, The Nanotrancer, is a device allowing you to say "sayonara" to extra baggage. It's a big hit, and quickly became widespread throughout the system.

The top righthand corner about the character create:
    In online games, you ultimately equip the best armors, and still look the same [as others]. How will this be in Phantasy Star Universe? When we asked Sega, we were told "there are enough variations this time that nobody will be able to bump into a person that looks the exact same." And that's b/c of the Character Create System. This time, the system has morphing functionality, where you can change the size of each body part. Another reason is because of the "Shield Line System". "Shield Line" colors are reflected on each type of armor [shield and armor I believe] in the game, And finally, with an abundant selection of clothes, just like in real life, you can dress according to your mood of that day and set out on your adventure. An element that should please people that want to stick out, or dress up.

[monsters on the bottom right]
    Di-Ragan
    Distoba
    Vahra
    Gol-Dorba
    (I'll bet my house these are romanized differently in the official western releases)

The left side talks about some events in the single-player game. Ethan gets his Nanotrancer ganked by Tonio... they apparantly live happily ever after or something.

*sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2005-11-25 05:05 ]</font>
    Thx for the translation. This game might actully become a hit. Now just how will they make a camercal for PSU. And for translating it, I left some Hot coco with a specal fried rappie breakfast for you when you wake up. n.n
    "no matter the man, we all wear masks...either on our faces or over our hearts"
    -Godot.