Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/673/673509p1.html

Acording to IGN, the ps2 and PC servers ARE linked, so any of you worrying about were your friends will be going need not be.

As for something else that interested me, they said that patches and security updates would be stored via memory card...but didn't ST say the game would have no updates?

On a side note, 4 faces for that race? thats quite small...I guess we will be seeing some face duplicates but the 50 hair types will make up for it.

well im not complaining thet they are now gunna have updates ^_^. hopefully it will knock hackers off their high horse a little. second, yea there might only b 4 face types. but u can morph the face like you would to your pody porportions on PSO, like every1 4 a class would have the same body but there were variants, i think the faces will be the same way just a lot more unique with the adition of the porportions scaling.

correct me if i heard rong any1.

Oh yeah, confirmations of linked servers That kicks ass...HUGE online community! I think it'll a lot more fun playing with more people. Linked servers does just that. Plus it makes sure that one system doesn't fall behind the other online.

That's pretty big news! The article also confirms the May release date that has been shown on some retailer sites. However, I'm wondering if they received that from an official source, or if they are speculating like the rest of us, based on the dates that online retailers are showing.

That release date i don't think is true. That's the same date they listed before they put that new thing up. Best bet right now is to stick with what sega.com is saying which is still winter 2006.

Awaiting PSU's European release date

Never the less, I'm a happy fan knowing that the PSU community will be huge just from the start, as lots of people will be able to access it

This is the conformation that I've been waiting to hear. So this makes me very happy.
    also, 56 hairstyles!? WOW according to the network of PSU video, they only had 16. I'm thoroughly impressed. And btw, there may be only 4 faces, but there are also 6 eye types, 19 eyebrows, 14 eyelashes, and ears.... so mixing and matching with all those would make a HUGE amount of different faces in the end.

Thats great news to hear also i just checked the local EBgames release list for a date on PSU and it was listed as May 7,2006

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eXo on 2005-12-06 14:53 ]</font>

Oh! Question.
    Seeing as the servers are linked... Would you be able to say... Start on PS2, but log onto the same character and account on your PC or vice versa?

The SegaLink information for the Japanese version said you could use the same ID for both the PC & PS2 versions, so that does sound like you will be able log-in on either and access you character.

It all depends how they handle it for release in the West though. I think this is the main reason for the delay (if the May date turns out to be correct), as the SegaLink site was already up & running in Japan and used to handle their online games. They have to get a system up and running for the US and European releases.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nash on 2005-12-06 15:09 ]</font>