Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well... unfortunetly I don't remember much about these two video games at all

I've tried to figue out what they were for a very logn time now

all I remember about one, is that there is 5 dungeons in it based on the 5 senses. Sight, Smell, Hearing, Feelign and the other sense whatever it is XD

The other game I remember less about.

All I seem to remember about this one... is somethign about little partner guys like... you find one of them and they create light in a dungeon for you to see D:

Now both of these were for the SNES ( I think ) and from long long ago I really want to figure out what games these two were but I have no clue how else to find out D:

Just mentioning the word "dungeon" in both your games brings up hundreds of possibilities.

Isn't the second one Brain Lord?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

The second one sounds a bit like donkey kong country. Where there were a rhino, ostrich, swordfish, frog and a parrot to help you out. and the parrot is in one level only, where he carries a torch for you so you can see something in the dungeon. and it's on the snes.
    can't believe I actually remembered this

wel no duh dungeon would bring up lots of possibilities

and no it's not Donkey Kong. They both are an RPG game

even so, Though there is probably not many rpgs with 5 dungeons based on the senses, I still can't seem to find the name of it.

and... as for the second one for a bit better description that I hope is right... think of those little spirit guys from golden sun and how you can like... collect them and stuff for your magic or whatnot. The second game was... sorta like that you would find a light thing, and then when it was with you it'd light up places where it's to dark to see

that would pretty much sum up 90% of all the RPGs of that era >_>;

any further description maybe? chara style? chara height? fighting scenes? turnbased or action?
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

On 2005-12-10 09:21, Kent wrote:
    Isn't the second one Brain Lord?
    !!!

omg that was it

I love you Kent~

and I really can't remember much about the other game I think the battles were not turn based... but I can't remember

Sorry I don't know what the other one is. :/ Anything else you can tell us about the game?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

hmm right now I can't remember anythign else about the game at all

all I can remember is dungeons based off of the 5 sense

I'm currently goign through gamefaqs.com and lookign at snes games for anything I'll recognize

I'll take a wild guess at the first one...

The only RPG which comes to mind, is Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness. Towards the end of the game, you have several rituals you must preform in the cave of the Dark One. The Heart, Mouth, Blood, Bone, Breath, and Essence... and another one.. the sence ritual.

The sence ritual involves you going into a room deprived of all your sences. As you make your way through the room, you gradually gain all of them back until you reach the altar at the top of the screen. The trick is, though, getting out without getting fried by the synapses when they start firing.

Also, as you said.. the combat is in Real-Time.. not turn based. It was a sort of "Street Fighter II" type combat. It was also the first RPG to feature full voice acting for all characters, and had John Rhys Davies playing the part of the narrator - if that rings any bells. Though, it might not.. since a non-voice diskette version was also made available.

However - this one wasn't on the SNES. Though it was from the same Era (1994) it was a PC only title.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/qu...ShotId,137320/
    Does this look familiar? (Scene from the Bone Chamber at the beginning of the game)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/qu...ShotId,139331/
    Real-Time Combat...

EDIT: There were seven rituals - but only five really stood out. The first one, the Mouth Ritual, involved no player involvement and only opened the cave back up. The last ritual, essence, took place in the final boss chamber. The others though, had their own seperate rooms within the dungeon and their own unique ways of solving them and then escaping to the next room.

Blah... damned no image linking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2005-12-10 17:04 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!